The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Climate experts call for ‘dangerous’ Michael Moore film to be taken down

Ryan Strome

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The climate change community are very cult like. Like a religion. Agree with us or else. Not all of them. But many are. Too many. This helps to establish that notion. 

this is exactly why modern social media is designed the way it is.  Every echo chamber is kept separated and this is the best description of what the current social media buzzword social tracing is all about.  They are not interested in stopping the spread of virus so much as they are more concerned with ideas/wrong-think spreading.  Maximize the idea of "other" is dehumanization propaganda 101.  Something has the elites some spooked right now? 

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Go move to China or North Korea. 

Micheal Moore is just a fat obnoxious idiot. He is like a politician in the opposition.

Does nothing but criticize. Does not need to make any actual important decisions but thinks he is  smarter than everyone. Guy is a goof imo.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will debate anything, sure we all hold our positions I just find the far left environmentalists are not open for discussion at all. I also said earlier there is no middle ground, most are so partisan these days.

I know, thats why its fun to debate certain issues with you. I do agree on some of the eco-folks, it gets very heated very fast. 

There's more fluid voting on the left, a lot of people are willing to switch between NDP and Liberal, and occasionally try on Green. To me there seems to be more rigidity on the right. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I used to be more on the left but the left has really disappointed me in the last decade.  They are guilty of the very same things that they so loudly complained about just a few years earlier.  

its hard to know how big the segment on the left is, it feels like maybe 10% based on some of the polling numbers of people that e.g, were only willing to vote for Bernie, but they are vocal. 

My best friend is an environmental technician. It's all about compromise and what does the least amount of damage to the planet. Doing nothing won't help. Even Musk is tweeting to "reopen America". Yet he's not commentating on how low gas prices will effect his products. Even if it's short term. Musk seems to think his Tesla products are the only way.

He's been attacking biofuels, algae fuels, and hydrogen. Why? Because that cuts into his profits. 

There's no one solution. There's going to be dozens of solutions. Yes, we should try to find batteries that either reuse the old at least partially. Or try to find more options. 

Carrying on like there's no problem is not the answer too. 

If Moore's film is incorrect. The smart thing to do is correct it. Let it be known where his mistakes are. The problem with a lot of society now is people are so polarized in their thinking. I can understand I can't change your mind. But I can be allowed to have my say. If you don't like it, we can agree to disagree. Maybe we just need to get along and find answers instead of bashing opinions. Sadly, there are some that won't budge on their thinking be it right or wrong or somewhere in-between. 

Saw people posting about it on some of my EV groups, seems to be a split crowd even in the EV community.  I guess it has some valid points but also has some invalid points apparently, I will have to watch it to make my own conclusion but I do not like the idea of censoring stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Micheal Moore is just a fat obnoxious idiot. He is like a politician in the opposition.

Does nothing but criticize. Does not need to make any actual important decisions but thinks he is  smarter than everyone. Guy is a goof imo.

God damn do you have nothing to contribute you disgruntled right wing little man.

Get out of here.

I think Moores message is that "Green" has hypocracy  also, in that Green battery Companies, do not have a plan to recycle...….etc

Lithiam mines do pollute...………………..fossil fuels, open pit mining of iron ore, pollution of stream and ground water, diversion of streams for hydro electric

That is his point,,,,...…….,he does it in his way...…….but that is his point...…………...anyone not understanding the hypocracy of that, is a fool

I think that is what he is saying

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

God damn do you have nothing to contribute you disgruntled right wing little man.

Get out of here.

This is exactly what’s wrong with today’s society. People are not allowed to have their own opinion or else a certain side of the spectrum will jump on you. You do nothing but spend all day posting on a certain thread, now this one, ripping into people that don’t share the same opinion as you. It’s people like you that are the reason that Trump 2020 will be a reality. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The problem with a lot of society now is people are so polarized in their thinking. I can understand I can't change your mind. But I can be allowed to have my say. If you don't like it, we can agree to disagree. Maybe we just need to get along and find answers instead of bashing opinions. Sadly, there are some that won't budge on their thinking be it right or wrong or somewhere in-between. 

Exactly, it's impossible to talk about issues with people because they already have their mind set on one side and there's no way you can reason with them.  That's how the media presents it anyways, and those are the only people that make it in front of a camera, sadly.  

Even though I studied math and statistics, the best course I ever took at SFU was a communications class that analyzed different media and exercised critical thinking.  I'm so glad that I chose that elective.  

6 minutes ago, Pickly said:

This is exactly what’s wrong with today’s society. People are not allowed to have their own opinion or else a certain side of the spectrum will jump on you. You do nothing but spend all day posting on a certain thread, now this one, ripping into people that don’t share the same opinion as you. It’s people like you that are the reason that Trump 2020 will be a reality. 

Nah. Just that guy.

Sorry mate. You know nothing about my life. You can defend stupidity all you want. 

Edited by Me_

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Nah. Just that guy.

No, you. You are in the Covid thread ripping into people that don’t share the values or views as you. Anybody on here who says something that doesn’t share you or a certain gang of obvious left leaning posters viewpoint gets annihilated because apparently free speech is going the way of the dodo bird thanks to the PC crowd. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Nah. Just that guy.

Sorry mate. You know nothing about my life. You can defend stupidity all you want. 

Man, you keep reiterating my point for me with stuff like this! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pickly said:

No, you. You are in the Covid thread ripping into people that don’t share the values or views as you. Anybody on here who says something that doesn’t share you or a certain gang of obvious left leaning posters viewpoint gets annihilated because apparently free speech is going the way of the dodo bird thanks to the PC crowd. 

Anyone is entitled to their own opinion however far that opinion may be from one another.

But this a-hole keeps expressing idiocy after idiocy and insulting and belittling people.  I’m onto returning the favour. And why do I even bother. 

He needs people like you to come to his defence? Anyways.

You really don’t have to read me bud. You really don’t. 

Edited by Me_

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Okay, not to interfere with your blue corner, but how is your post any different?

• Upvote 2