The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #41

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #41  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #41 Canuck of All-Time?

This poll is closed to new votes

Chris Tanev becomes the third active Canuck on the list and the final man in our top 40. On to the final 10! Note that we will continue taking nominations the whole way through and the final players still left on the list as voting options will be considered honourable mentions.

Dan Hamhuis led the way with six nominations and has finally been added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

#26 - D. Lever

#27 - D. Kearns

#28 - E. Jovanovski

#29 - P. Sundstrom

#30 - G. Adams

-------------------

#31 - O. Kurtenbach

#32 - P. Skriko

#33 - G. Courtnall

#34 - B. Horvat

#35 - T. Williams

#36 - D. Babych

#37 - G. Odjick

#38 - J. Hansen

#39 - D. Rota

#40 - C. Tanev

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Voting for 37-goal scorer, Dennis Ververgaert. Ververgaert scored 20+ goals in four seasons with Vancouver in total and one of the ones he didn't he scored 19 goals in just 57 games, a pace of 27 goals in 80 games. I believe some are forgetting what a consistent offensive force he was for those 5 1/2 seasons in Vancouver.

Nominating Brock Boeser, who has maintained nearly a 0.82 points-per-game pace average in all three full seasons of his career thus far. Boeser came out with a bang and hasn't had a bad season yet. All three years work out to a pace of around 65-70 points. Another very consistent offensive player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

When all is said and done I could see Petey and Quinn both being top 5.. 

Honestly, if we win a Cup with our current core, I could see Horvat or Petey being #1 15 years from now if they stay here that long. Winning a Cup would go a bit way towards cementing their legacy. Heck even a run to the Conference Finals would be a big deal.

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, if we win a Cup with our current core, I could see Horvat or Petey being #1 15 years from now if they stay here that long. Winning a Cup would go a bit way towards cementing their legacy. Heck even a run to the Conference Finals would be a big deal.

Who knows what can happen. What if both JT and Toffoli stay for many years and are an integral part of many deep playoff runs or a Stanley Cup? They may end up near the top of the list too. 

Look what JT has done in his first season here, other than Molgilny's first year with Van I can't remember a player who has made an impact like that who was brought in via trade. 

Similar to when Ronning, Courtnall and Momesso were added at the end of 91. Ronning had a career year (at that point) his first full year in 91-92 with 71 points. 

Both Ronning and Courtnall are on the iist now.

Edited by CaptKirk888
yup
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Who knows what can happen. What if both JT and Toffoli stay for many years and are an integral part of many deep playoff runs or a Stanley Cup? They may end up near the top of the list too. 

Look what JT has done in his first season here, other than Molgilny's first year with Van I can't remember a player who has made an impact like that who was brought in via trade.

Similar to when Ronning, Courtnall and Momesso were added at the end of 91. Ronning had a career year (at that point) his first full year in 91-92 with 71 points. 

Both Ronning and Courtnall are on the iist now.

Paul Reinhart, Kirk McLean, Roberto Luongo, Richard Brodeur, Tiger Williams.  Gary Smith in year two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Paul Reinhart, Kirk McLean, Roberto Luongo, Richard Brodeur, Tiger Williams.  Gary Smith in year two.

Ok, I feel stupid now. But that's OK. Reinhart retired here with two 50+ point seasons. Kirk and Roberto were great, Richard came along, Tiger not so much (just because I didn't like losing Vaive and Derlago). Gary doesn't count ;) 

• Vintage 1