The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #42

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #42  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #42 Canuck of All-Time?

This poll is closed to new votes

Garth Butcher had a pretty solid victory with 21 votes and not much serious competition.

The nominations were extremely close and had five different players tie at second with three nominations, but one came out on top: Elias Pettersson with four nominations, so he was added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

#26 - D. Lever

#27 - D. Kearns

#28 - E. Jovanovski

#29 - P. Sundstrom

#30 - G. Adams

-------------------

#31 - O. Kurtenbach

#32 - P. Skriko

#33 - G. Courtnall

#34 - B. Horvat

#35 - T. Williams

#36 - D. Babych

#37 - G. Odjick

#38 - J. Hansen

#39 - D. Rota

#40 - C. Tanev

-------------------

#41 - G. Butcher

Voting for Ververgaert again, top forward for the Canucks in the mid 70s.

Nominating Brock Boeser the first of the three great rookies of the Canucks in the late 2010s.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Voted Ververgaert

Nominating Sandlak

Always seems like I'm voting/nominating old guys but the more recent players always slide in just before I'd vote for them.

I'm mostly the same.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Voted Ververgaert

Nominating Sandlak

Always seems like I'm voting/nominating old guys but the more recent players always slide in just before I'd vote for them.

I guess if we can vote in a grit heart and soul player like Hansen, then Sandlak fits the bill. Was one of my favourites of that time.

• Like 1

Voted Fraser (Vervegaert was a close 2nd). IMO Fraser had a bigger impact in his time here. The Canucks made the playoffs every year he was here, and he had his best year statistically in the 82 cup run year. Where as DV was only in 2 playoffs in the 5 years he was here. 

I'll go with Reinhart too. Only 2 years here to close out his career, but big impact in leadership and points with 2 50+ seasons.

Edited by CaptKirk888
yup