The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Most Legendary Fighters to Lace Up for the Canucks

Rate this topic

Kevin Biestra

Greatest Fighting Legend to Skate for the Canucks...  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What does "Legendary" mean to you?  You decide!

What does "The" mean to you?  You decide!

What does "Up" mean to you?  Just don't ask the guy that wrote Rise of Skywalker.

What does "Most" mean to you?  Just pick the greatest legends and stop asking me questions.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

What does "Legendary" mean to you?  You decide!

What does "The" mean to you?  You decide!

What does "Up" mean to you?  Just don't asked the guy that wrote Rise of Skywalker.

What does "Most" mean to you?  Just pick the greatest legends and stop asking me questions.

Nice list...please add Fraser...his punches might have been the hardest of any of these guys which says a lot... Cooke ha ha ha... Stern fought for us and against us ... he was a tough customer..

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

I don't think any of these guys will be as popular as Gino and thus I considered that as legendary. Tiger had a legendary moment riding the stick.

Of course this is only of the opinion which started more around the 90s Canucks.

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

He was a great "Canuck" during his tenure here.

Decent player, not really a fighter.

Walker and Rypien on the list

Cooke and Williams off the list to make room. Williams was in a lot of fights, but imo, was not a great fighter.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, apollo said:

Why tho? He was a great "Canuck" during his tenure here... he was drafted by us in 1997 and left our organization in 2008... the guy gave it all for this team. He had plenty of heroics come playoff time too. Not gonna taint his Canucks career based on what he did for other cities.

Regardless I can't make a vote as I believe the TOUGHEST guy pound for pound is not on the list. There's never been a better pound for pound fighter that's played for the Canucks. He's got over 60lbs less on Vlabik ... the guy is chara size and Rick rips it to him... best fight ever. Love Rick... rest in paradise :wub:

With all due respect for Rypien - his quality of competition wasn’t that great a lot of his fights were against bad or non-fighters with the exception of Neal, Jensen (light heavyweights) and that big brute Carkner in OTT...pounding on this guy and Hal Gil was easy sport despite the size difference.  19-7-2, the losses to the few remaining enforcers of the time.  Keane was an exceptional middleweight too, the most feared fighter in the minors before making the NHL  - Walker was pretty good too.   I’d consider adding Snepsts to the list too - fought anyone and did well too.  The Wolfman would be a good throwback ... Rypien fights were always inspiring - and I’d have him in the middleweight Hall of Fame up there with Wendel Clark, Keane, Corson and Stan Jonathon .. heck Domi was an inch shorter and 6lbs heavier when he was fighting Probert so could add him too. 

• Vintage 1

All right we got some good additional candidates...

- Scott Walker

- Mike Keane

- Cam Neely

- Gerald Diduck

- Kevin Bieksa  (guy copied my name what a jerk)

Rypien I kind of wanted to just give an unofficial position of honor in the whole thing like Wayne Maki.

Nobody has mentioned them yet but these guys would deserve a nomination as well...

- Stan Smyl

- Jack Mcilhargey

- Harold Snepsts  (looks like iBatch mentioned him while I was typing)

And I forgot we actually had the legend Randy Holt for a second there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chon derry said:

tough choice's , pun intended...…..not really,   i'm sure bieksa would vote for Gino as well . speakin of which  bieksa would be a good runner up , not on the list.  edmonton-oilers-v-vancouver-canucks.jpeg?quality=60&strip=all&w=840&h=630&crop=1

Only Brashear has a winning percentage like Bieksa ... 24-3-1...when he dropped them ... but he wasn’t fighting Probert, McSorely, Worrel, Domi or even guys like Cam Russel who he destroyed - who destroyed McCarty who destroyed Walker...

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

All right we got some good additional candidates...

- Scott Walker

- Mike Keane

- Cam Neely

- Gerald Diduck

- Kevin Bieksa  (guy copied my name what a jerk)

Rypien I kind of wanted to just give an unofficial position of honor in the whole thing like Wayne Maki.

Nobody has mentioned them yet but these guys would deserve a nomination as well...

- Stan Smyl

- Jack Mcilhargey

- Harold Snepsts  (looks like iBatch mentioned him while I was typing)

And I forgot we actually had the legend Randy Holt for a second there.

Mentioned Wolfman - that’s Mcilhargey...he was one scary dude.  Kurtenbach was pretty good too - and Smyl had a heart of a lion at 5’7” taking on some really tough customers to inspire his team.   Like what you’ve suggested about Rypien, should name the award after him, when he dropped the gloves nobody stayed sitting long - including in our living room at home “here we go - wow he’s doing it again!” - technically one of the best.