The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #45

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #45  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a fairly comfortable victory, Pettersson takes the win for #44. Schmautz and Gelinas tied in nominations with four each and Martin Gelinas won the tie-breaker, so he was added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

#26 - D. Lever

#27 - D. Kearns

#28 - E. Jovanovski

#29 - P. Sundstrom

#30 - G. Adams

-------------------

#31 - O. Kurtenbach

#32 - P. Skriko

#33 - G. Courtnall

#34 - B. Horvat

#35 - T. Williams

#36 - D. Babych

#37 - G. Odjick

#38 - J. Hansen

#39 - D. Rota

#40 - C. Tanev

-------------------

#41 - G. Butcher

#42 - D. Ververgaert

#43 - D. Hamhuis

#44 - E. Pettersson

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Same as last round, voting for McCarthy, nominating Schmautz. I was a bit disappointed when Gelinas won the tie-breaker.

There was talk last round of Cloutier vs Markstrom and I do think it's interesting that Cloutier is getting so much consideration without any for Markstrom. For me, this past year, Markstrom has passed Cloutier. It almost feels to me that Cloutier ahead of Markstrom is a bit of romanticization of the WCE ere--I think it's hard to make a case that Markstrom is below Cloutier at this point, other than the fact that Marky hasn't played in the playoffs with our team yet, but I think it's fair to blame that on the teams in front of Markstrom more than he himself.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Voted Fraser

nominate  Ivan Hlinka

42 goals, 81 assists for 123points in 137 reg season games     

3 goals, 10 assists for 13 points in 16 playoff games.

One of the best wrist shots I've ever seen.

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Same as last round, voting for McCarthy, nominating Schmautz. I was a bit disappointed when Gelinas won the tie-breaker.

There was talk last round of Cloutier vs Markstrom and I do think it's interesting that Cloutier is getting so much consideration without any for Markstrom. For me, this past year, Markstrom has passed Cloutier. It almost feels to me that Cloutier ahead of Markstrom is a bit of romanticization of the WCE ere--I think it's hard to make a case that Markstrom is below Cloutier at this point, other than the fact that Marky hasn't played in the playoffs with our team yet, but I think it's fair to blame that on the teams in front of Markstrom more than he himself.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it but yeah... Dan Cloutier.  I'm remembering how I felt with him in net lol.  I hope Marky gets considered too!

Vote Smith

Nominate Boldirev!

Suitcase with the lead... I'd be ok with him winning... but I gotta make another case for my boy who I think should have gone top 30

Clearly Our Dearly Beloved Canucks Nation dislike him for the gutless stunts he pulled off after he departed Vancouver. No place in hockey for the stuff he pulled on Karlsson, Savard and more...

There really is no excuse for playing like that.

But we're talking about top 50 Canucks of all time... and the Cooker always played hard minutes for us and battled out. He had one suspension here... and come on... 6-1 blowout game a giant behemoth is trying to fight him? Good for the Cooker for protecting himself.

1. Feb. 21, 2004: Two games for spearing Minnesota's Matt Johnson.6'5 230lbs... trying to hunt poor cooker in a nothing game when he's got half a foot on him :picard:

• Like 1

Vote for Gary Smith.

Nominate Ron Sedlbauer, the first Canuck to ever score 40 goals in a season.

But glad to see some nominations for other old time greats like Boldirev, Hlinka, Schmautz and Blight.  And a solid guy like Sandlak.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Me being a Coutier fan, I have to disagree a little with your assessment.

Cloutier was a phenomenal regular season goalie and set several records during his time, such as being the first Canuck goalie to record three consecutive 30 win seasons.  And he did it at a time when the game could end in a tie, so no shootout wins to add to that total.  While Markstrom has passed Cloutier in games played, he is still behind in wins.  Cloutier is also still 3rd all-time in shutouts for the Canucks and 3rd in GAA.

If it wasn't for Cloutier's playoff record, I think he would already be on your list.

btw - In case you didn't guess, I would like to nominate Cloutier.  Again.   ::D

Canucks name Dan Cloutier goaltending coach | Offside

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Me being a Coutier fan, I have to disagree a little with your assessment.

Cloutier was a phenomenal regular season goalie and set several records during his time, such as being the first Canuck goalie to record three consecutive 30 win seasons.  And he did it at a time when the game could end in a tie, so no shootout wins to add to that total.  While Markstrom has passed Cloutier in games played, he is still behind in wins.  Cloutier is also still 3rd all-time in shutouts for the Canucks and 3rd in GAA.

If it wasn't for Cloutier's playoff record, I think he would already be on your list.

btw - In case you didn't guess, I would like to nominate Cloutier.  Again.   ::D

Canucks name Dan Cloutier goaltending coach | Offside

Clouts was a warrior and a fantastic teamate.  Such a great competitor.  I would take him on my team any day......