The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No attending Canucks games until Vaccine is found broad treatment is available or herd immunity is developed,

Rate this topic

Screw

1 hour ago, Screw said:

The disappointment comes for me knowing that if they return it will be to empty arenas.  Just imagine winning the Stanley Cup inside a mausoleum.  

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened to the Canucks with the luck the franchise has had since the 70 draft. :lol:

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Exactly.  Title should be "No Canucks Live at Rogers Arena for Fans until Vaccine is Found".

So essentially the atmosphere would stay the same in the building.

Feel sorry for the ushers who won't be able to tell people to stop having fun and let people enjoy their phones instead of a good hockey game

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

this would be the most canuck thing ever, Winning a cup without any fan celebration and interaction. 

isn't it tho? :lol: seriously, I'm thinking of betting big on us 

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So essentially the atmosphere would stay the same in the building.

Feel sorry for the ushers who won't be able to tell people to stop having fun and let people enjoy their phones instead of a good hockey game

One more thing I miss about the Coliseum.

Edited by BowtieCanuck

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

isn't it tho? :lol: seriously, I'm thinking of betting big on us 

don taylor said the exact same thing about a month ago that it we be the most canuck thing if we win a cup.]. Canucks luck is sure strange

The interesting thing to note is when will cross border travel be allowed ?

Surely they are waiting for a vaccine, or perhaps Players and club members are placed into a 2 week quarantine upon arrival to a host city,.  That’s IF Vancouver becomes one..

but that sounds like July.

“Horgan said it would remain mandatory for people coming into B.C. from overseas to stay in quarantine for two weeks, with some exceptions for groups like airline workers.“

“If you’re coming to B.C., it has to be for essential service or essential business,” he said. “And if you do come back from somewhere else in the world, and you’re going to be residing in B.C., you will have to observe a 14-day isolation period. We’re going to be monitoring that with the federal government for the foreseeable future.”

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And that's gonna happen in the next month or two?

I have no idea, I'm not a doctor.

However, fans will be allowed if any of these three things happen

Vaccine

Herd Immunity

Broad Treatment

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I have no idea, I'm not a doctor.

However, fans will be allowed if any of these three things happen

Vaccine

Herd Immunity

Broad Treatment

At the current rate of new cases, it'll take years for herd immunity, but by then the virus would have mutated anyways.

Broad treatment I could see, but not sure if health officials would allow 20,000 people to gather when no vaccine exists.

Vaccine is the key IMO... without it, there will be no audience for the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

This is probably the best news the bars/pubs have ever heard. Imagine if hockey starts up in October with empty arenas? That's 18,500 fans that will probably flood pubs and bars and restaurants to watch the game. It could be like the golden age again :)

I would think if people aren’t allowed in arenas, then pubs and restaurants would probably only be allowed to have 1/4 to 1/3 capacity for social distancing.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

At the current rate of new cases, it'll take years for herd immunity, but by then the virus would have mutated anyways.

Broad treatment I could see, but not sure if health officials would allow 20,000 people to gather when no vaccine exists.

Vaccine is the key IMO... without it, there will be no audience for the Canucks.

Personally I would feel much safer if an effective treatment was found. Vaccines tend to be far short of 100% effective. Some years the flu vaccine effectiveness is 20% or less. Not that comforting for those of us in the vulnerable demographic groups.

23 hours ago, Squamfan said:

this would be the most canuck thing ever, Winning a cup without any fan celebration and interaction. 

We also win the draft lottery but Lefreneier decides to follow his life long dream of writing poetry in the French Alps a week after we select him.

20 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

I volunteer to be the 1 fan allowed in the arena during games. I promise to cheer at 110% and lose my voice, heckle the opposition. Boo the refs. Bang the glass everytime we score, and sing the national anthems with my heart

Lol ... 3 fans per section. That would be funny ... but strangely interesting.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:00 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

The title is a bit misleading. We won't be seeing any Canucks games live for the time being but Horgan mentioned that he'd written to the NHL and offered Vancouver as a host city; provided they come up with a plan for how the games could be played with minimal risk.

Did Horgan mention how he added 4 percent to the top rate of income tax for Canuck players and all other BC residents effective January 2020? 

Puts tax rate at 54 percent for bc residents on all income over 210k.

Third highest of all NHL teams. 

I only say this cuz Horgan is no friend of the canucks -  or sports in general. Your post seemed to Imply he's a good guy trying to do something for the Canucks.  He's not.  

Edited by fanfor42

The numbers in no way authorize our health officials to keep us from our right to gather for a Canucks game or any other reason. The way we’re allowing our officials to come dangerously close to seriously damaging vital economic industry based on research that has at no point proven true is a bit frightening to

me. 

Oh and it’s about time we start allowing elective surgeries for those in pain. Hospitals have been at 50% capacity for a while now.

It’s time. 

On 5/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, Squamfan said:

Too bad we still have a problem with the refs.  But then the fans chanting, "Refs you suck" won't be a direct issue.