The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No attending Canucks games until Vaccine is found broad treatment is available or herd immunity is developed,

Rate this topic

Screw

On 5/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, HKSR said:

And that's gonna happen in the next month or two?

For decades they have been trying for coronaviruses, but for this one they speculate 18 months at the minimum.  But with the way this virus acts so strangely, there will be many skeptical people. Is it really safe is a sincere question.

6 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

For decades they have been trying for coronaviruses, but for this one they speculate 18 months at the minimum.  But with the way this virus acts so strangely, there will be many skeptical people. Is it really safe is a sincere question.

Yea. It'll be awhile.  They'll be no scenario resembling a 'herd immunity' till there's a vaccine. And that's a ways off; if one is even developed that is. None for SARs, none for HIV, no vaccines for tons of past viruses or diseases. HIV was pretty much handled as Diabetes; drugs, treatment and monitoring so one can have normal lives symptom free.

Hell. I was surprised when Mumps came back a few years back!

COVID-19 is still in its infancy as far as knowledge of it goes. We thought it hit older peeps and those with compromised immune and lung issues. Now we know anyone, no matter their age or health can get it. We don't know if a person who's suffered and recovered from it can get it again.

Technology and science has progressed from the days of yor. Technology mostly. Sound scientific advice stands the test of time; social distancing and self isolation works to quell the spread. Technology allows faster results by virtue of the speed to which research is shared. The more minds, the better.

I get a flu shot every year. Have done so since 1992. I'm older and asthmatic. Of course being compromised by asthma and other old guy issues, well....that makes me a prime target for Covid's unrelenting charge. Other than being off work since mid March, my lifestyle is not much altered.  Most, or all of my Canuck hockey is on TV. The ferry, hotels, plus ticket prices allow me very rare live attendance.

I sure hope we can get over this sooner rather than later.