The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capitals: Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages are 'unacceptable and offensive'

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'd say you're likely wrong and maybe hanging out with the wrong people?

I guess it really divides the grown ups and the adults...some under 30's need to quit being 16.

Youre just too nice and probably hang out with nice people! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

The world isn't a place where it accommodates for everyone.

You can say that again. If you came to my door and needed help, I’d tell you to help yourself.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

^what PK said

The world isn't a place where it accommodates for everyone.

People will make comments like that in the security of their own friendships. Doubt Leipsic called Pearsons wife those things to her face

Well it's not accommodating for these clowns right now.  So not sure why it should?

As a higher profile individual Leipsic has to be aware he'll be targeted by something like this.

As a dude in his mid 20s it seems par for the course though no?

Man was never meant to have his conversations broadcast to more than his immediate surroundings. People are still adapting to the social media era.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

You can say that again. If you came to my door and needed help, I’d tell you to help yourself.

That's not really brag worthy but....

In this time in the world especially.  Sorry, I'm going to have to say that I hope most would help.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Caboose said:

As a higher profile individual Leipsic has to be aware he'll be targeted by something like this.

As a dude in his mid 20s it seems par for the course though no?

Man was never meant to have his conversations broadcast to more than his immediate surroundings. People are still adapting to the social media era.

This is so sexist...

I have to get out of here.  The stone ages aren't where I need to be on this sunny day.

We're in 2020 folks.  Not 1969.

Man's wives/kids were never meant to be broadcast by others in a malicious way, either.   I'm sure these guys have adapted just fine and have grown up with social media.  Don't make lame excuses for them.  They're grown men, professional athletes in the spotlight and should know better.  If they don't, they just got a crash course.  What they do next in life will separate the men from the boys.  Own it, rehab/change your lifestyle and do something positive/good.  Or continue being a juvenile asshat and see where that takes you in life.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Over 90% of people under the age of 30 have probably made comments much worse then this in private. 

Even if true, 90% of people are not professional athletes, who should be held to a higher standard as they have thousands and thousands of followers. Many people, especially kids, view these individuals as role models.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's not really brag worthy but....

In this time in the world especially.  Sorry, I'm going to have to say that I hope most would help.  

First, I know Zfetch online, so he knows I was “somewhat” joking.

Two, I know him “online”. If some stranger I didn’t know came to my door and needed help, someone I never met, my help would be “What have you done to help yourself? I have a family inside I need to help, and protecting them is what I am doing in this instance to help them. So you can get the eff off my step and walk right down my driveway.”

I will help those “in person” that I know. I will help my fellow man by donating and volunteering. Any stranger that comes to my door will not be helped.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, I wonder why people had a bigger issue with the billionaire owner of an NBA team telling his girlfriend not to bring black people (including Magic Johnson) to his basketball games, or be seen with them with on social media, than the fact that the conversation was recorded. 

Sure. But to no surprise of mine nobody had any real issue with the fact how that recording came about. Of course it's a completely different tune when it happens to them. But until then - who cares - another old white guy bites the dust.

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

Even if true, 90% of people are not professional athletes, who should be held to a higher standard as they have thousands and thousands of followers. Many people, especially kids, view these individuals as role models.

Thats why he (and many athletes) don't do stuff like that in public. 

He unfortunately got hacked? Or trusted the wrong people. Don't know the whole story.

Absurd to think because he's a professional athlete, his entire life (personal and public) he must live like a saint.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

Many people, especially kids, view these individuals as role models.

They shouldn’t. That’s on their parents to drill into theirs heads. Athletes are, for the most part, totally and utterly useless individuals who can’t change a tire, as evidenced by the fact that they have a grade 12 education, focusing all their waking attention on training and become professional morons.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

They shouldn’t. That’s on their parents to drill into theirs heads. Athletes are, for the most part, totally and utterly useless individuals who can’t change a tire, as evidenced by the fact that they have a grade 12 education, focusing all their waking attention on training and become professional morons.

I was with you until here.

My mom didn't get to choose my role models. No way would that have flown. Kids will look up to who they want. Fortunately though, no one in the history of the world looked up to Brendan Leipsic.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But until then - who cares - another old white guy bites the dust.

Just a thought, but if you play your cards right and everything works out for you, you are going to be on the old white guy team (yes, I am making an assumption) a lot longer than you are on the young guy team. You might want to be a little more charitable to we old white guys, since you'll be one of us, and hopefully for a really long time.

• Haha 2

It is not right to leak private conversations.

I obviously don't 'support' what he said, but nearly every single person I've ever known, even with the kindest hearts have made similar comments about other people in private (not to their face!).  It could be in the heat of the moment, a bad day, hatred towards a person, many different circumstances.

IF you seriously claim you know people that never do this, perhaps they are aware that you are sensitive to such subjects and keep it private from you or they are in the small percentile of people that don't do this.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

I was with you until here.

My mom didn't get to choose my role models. No way would that have flown. Kids will look up to who they want. Fortunately though, no one in the history of the world looked up to Brendan Leipsic.

Except his younger brother Jeremy Leipsic :lol:

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Just a thought, but if you play your cards right and everything works out for you, you are going to be on the old white guy team (yes, I am making an assumption) a lot longer than you are on the young guy team. You might want to be a little more charitable to we old white guys, since you'll be one of us, and hopefully for a really long time.

I am plenty charitable. It's a certain demographic who think old white men are the worst people since Hitler. 

So..... I'm guessing Leipsic was really bitter before and after he left town here??? But still.... you're a grown ass man... .move on and be a bigger person... no need to take cheap shots at your former teammates especially not their families!!! What a clown!!! 

Sad to see his true face like this though.... I was rooting for him early on as he played bigger than his size... got great speedy and could chip in goals... his inconsistency let him down and eventually lost Green's trust!

Now that this scandal is out.... other GM's should take note! 

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I am plenty charitable. It's a certain demographic who think old white men are the worst people since Hitler. 

My post was said with tongue in cheek. I know your posts to be thoughtful and well written. And yes, my greatest sin in some people's eyes is that I am one of those dreaded boomers. Imagine having the audacity to choose to be born a boomer. Selfish bastards......