The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capitals: Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages are 'unacceptable and offensive'

Rate this topic

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

I hope you’re trolling because otherwise what you just said is &^@#ing stupid. 

https://www.medicaldaily.com/men-mature-after-women-11-years-after-be-exact-british-study-reveals-246716

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a26868313/when-does-your-brain-fully-mature/

obviously taking it with a grain of salt because it is not a systematic review or a cochrane review but evidence there is showing. why do you think its not advocated to smoke or drink before the age of 25... 

Just now, Ceres said:

Just because yours didn't develop doesn't mean that applies to everyone. 

im posting facts, not opinions. 

unless you yourself have conducted a systematic review with adequate search criterias, inclusion and exclusion factors, proper methodolgy in extracting data, I will believe the scientists whose JOB it is to find out facts

I don't care about your opinion. I only want facts

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

https://www.medicaldaily.com/men-mature-after-women-11-years-after-be-exact-british-study-reveals-246716

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a26868313/when-does-your-brain-fully-mature/

obviously taking it with a grain of salt because it is not a systematic review or a cochrane review but evidence there is showing. why do you think its not advocated to smoke or drink before the age of 25... 

By your logic no man under the age of 30 is responsible for his actions. Have fun getting through life with that philosophy. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

By your logic no man under the age of 30 is responsible for his actions. Have fun getting through life with that philosophy. 

A thousand years from now none of us will be remembered.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, AngelicHearts said:

It doesn't matter if it's said in public or in private. Saying those things is not okay.

False. If Leipsic said this to Pearson’s wife’s face, the situation would be better.

Edited by Blue Jay 22
  • Wat 1

TBH this act was extremely immature, I would think a professional in the league would be smart enough to carry themselves better than this. Sadly, its not the case always. I hope the league finds a justifiable way to punish these young guys and perhaps give them an opportunity to learn from this. As said earlier, this kind of behaviour is inexcusable and down right awful.

3 hours ago, Spoderman said:

So ridiculing a victim of child abuse in person is better than calling somebody fat in a private convo?

Doing it in person just means behind closed doors ('private') he's probably MUCH MUCH worse.

Let's not forget the allegations of him also making comments about Jordin Tootoos personal life & family.

Burrows is a saint because he didn't get hacked and get his private conversations revealed and does his classless acts in your face.

Edited by Patrick Kane
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Nostalgia said:

TBH this act was extremely immature, I would think a professional in the league would be smart enough to carry themselves better than this. Sadly, its not the case always. I hope the league finds a justifiable way to punish these young guys and perhaps give them an opportunity to learn from this. As said earlier, this kind of behaviour is inexcusable and down right awful.

mate, there are kids that are between 18-22 years in the league. Thats 1 year out of highschool. Are you saying that straight outta highschool, you didn't engage in these silly behaviour?

Cut these kids some slack

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nostalgia said:

Is it really inexcusable behaviour if NOBODY was hurt in anyway before the messages were leaked?

3 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

A thousand years from now none of us will be remembered.

unless you're jesus. John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave his one and only son. That whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, dough teeth said:

unless you're jesus. John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave his one and only son. That whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For Stone Cold Steve Austin, Austin 3:16 means he opens a can of whoop-azz on you cause Stone Cold says so.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, dough teeth said:

im posting facts, not opinions. 

unless you yourself have conducted a systematic review with adequate search criterias, inclusion and exclusion factors, proper methodolgy in extracting data, I will believe the scientists whose JOB it is to find out facts

I don't care about your opinion. I only want facts

Okay, but those scientists aren't writing articles in Men's Health.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Is it really inexcusable behaviour if NOBODY was hurt in anyway before the messages were leaked?

You may be right in that I'm jumping to the conclusion that these kids' actions speak louder than their words. They were bashing people in what they perceived as a closed group until it wasn't, then they have to face the conesquence of judgement afterwards. Would YOU be comfortable if it were YOU in the same position?