Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Capitals: Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages are 'unacceptable and offensive'

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

What a selfish, entitled, ignorant little prick!!! Some people have no morals / values!! While i understand that some of this talk happens, there's lines you just don't cross. Hockey aside, have some respect for other human beings / former teammates! He's an adult, not 10 years old...act your age. Karma's a b****...i hope he's outta the league. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

 

Saying things whilst the adrenaline and testosterone are flowing is hard to dispute fairly.

 

These comments definitely weren't made in the locker room after a game or practice.

 

This was put into writing, after the fact on social media.

 

Then the fact that's a teammate's wife.... who recently gave birth and was raising a young child....

 

her weight is zero concern to anyone other then her self and family.

 

 

Then the worst part.... the native comments...

 

I hope leipsic leaves N.A. if he has such beliefs or thoughts.

 

Not that i care if he gets hurt in any way, i dont want to see anyone risk their future for this bigoted, plug of a hockey player.

 

I wondered why NOBODY on the Canucks seemed to like him.

 

what native comments did not see anything about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NHL'er said:

 

For those who don't know what's happened

Oh wow, that's something. 

 

Dude's a tweener, I'll be surprised if he's in the league next season after this. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot wait to see Pearson and Virtanen host the Lipsticks next season.  Guessing he will feel inexcusable indeed afterwards.  Wives and race have and always will be untouchable in the league 

 

Will be interesting to see if JV has something to say or do about it

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, J-23 said:

PM's get leaked, hacked all the time...

 

He's not suing anybody.

I'm not excusing what he did, he's a POS that doesn't deserve to be in the league. He's a tweener anyways so he was as good as gone regardless imo. But the goal of private information is to remain private. If he got hacked, that means the social media platform servers have some security concerns that need to be addressed. And if he wants to present the case that he could've made millions and this invasion of privacy cost him that money then he'll be able to find lawyers to represent him. Again, I don't agree with it because I believe he was on his way out of the league regardless. BUT companies are liable for their cybersecurity measures. I'm sure they're up to industry/regulation standards but you wonder with 100s of millions if not billions using Twitter/IG, perhaps they're responsible for going the extra mile in terms of cybersecurity.

 

I'm just playing devil's advocate :P But I am curious... Perhaps any lawyers/legal assistants can weigh in on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warhippy said:

Cannot wait to see Pearson and Virtanen host the Lipsticks next season.  Guessing he will feel inexcusable indeed afterwards.

I don't think he'll be back next year...

 

Quote

Wives and race have and always will be untouchable in the league 

You sure? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

But the goal of private information is to remain private. If he got hacked, that means the social media platform servers have some security concerns that need to be addressed.

Or does it mean he had a really pathetic password?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

what native comments did not see anything about that?

I think it was his buddy in the group chat that made the native comment (could be wrong), but one of the "flavourful" comments towards one of the women was "fat native p*g". Distasteful and racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Or does it mean he had a really pathetic password?

Could be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

I'm not excusing what he did, he's a POS that doesn't deserve to be in the league. He's a tweener anyways so he was as good as gone regardless imo. But the goal of private information is to remain private. If he got hacked, that means the social media platform servers have some security concerns that need to be addressed. And if he wants to present the case that he could've made millions and this invasion of privacy cost him that money then he'll be able to find lawyers to represent him. Again, I don't agree with it because I believe he was on his way out of the league regardless. BUT companies are liable for their cybersecurity measures. I'm sure they're up to industry/regulation standards but you wonder with 100s of millions if not billions using Twitter/IG, perhaps they're responsible for going the extra mile in terms of cybersecurity.

 

I'm just playing devil's advocate :P But I am curious... Perhaps any lawyers/legal assistants can weigh in on this?

My man I see females exposing guys in there PM's everyday on Twitter :lol:

 

All those 'fat' comments just makes Leipsic look like a douche that's all, but I'm 100% that worse $&!# goes on in the PM's that this.

 

The only difference here is Leipsic's got leaked. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

My man I see females exposing guys in there PM's everyday on Twitter :lol:

 

All those 'fat' comments just makes Leipsic look like a douche that's all, but I'm 100% that worse $&!# goes on in the PM's that this.

 

 

Oh I know pm's get posted publicly sometimes, but was this PM's that are getting exposed? or was it within his and his buddies scummy group chat that somebody got their hands on? From what I saw, I think they got hacked. I could be wrong, and if so then he definitely doesn't have a case.


EDIT: I don't even know if he has a case if he did get hacked... that's why I was asking if there are any lawyers/legal assistants that can weigh in on this? It's more of a curiosity thing.

 

Quote

The only difference here is Leipsic's got leaked. 

Big difference tho isn't it?

Edited by Vanuckles
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Oh I know pm's get posted publicly sometimes, but was this PM's that are getting exposed? or was it within his and his buddies scummy group chat that somebody got their hands on? From what I saw, I think they got hacked. I could be wrong, and if so then he definitely doesn't have a case.


EDIT: I don't even know if he has a case if he did get hacked... that's why I was asking if there are any lawyers/legal assistants that can weigh in on this? It's more of a curiosity thing.

 

Big difference tho isn't it?

Of course, but I don't think this will get kicked from the league or some $&!#, it just shows that he's a douche.

 

I would like to see Pearson kick his ass. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J-23 said:

Of course, but I don't think this will get kicked from the league or some $&!#, it just shows that he's a douche.

 

I would like to see Pearson kick his ass. 

100% it'd be good to see Pearson unleash some fists in his face

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those conversations that is undoubtedly common, but causes big problems when leaked out to the public. I'm sure there are hundreds of comments like these by NHL players in private.

 

Also, Pearson and Leipsic were never Canucks at the same time, so I don't believe they were ever teammates.

 

It's a dumb comment, but not worth getting your knickers in a twist over. Unfortunately, it will probably do more damage to his already fringe NHL career than it should.

  • Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Literally this. For those people "shocked" or "disgusted" have clearly never been in a locker room before. 

 

Pretty standard stuff. 

You don't even need to have been in a locker room before, anyone who's been around a douchebag jock in high school knows these guys have no issues talking like this. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racist comment takes the cake... while distasteful the rest of the comments I'm sure can be found in many group chats, especially of athletes getting paid millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You what the best part of all this is?

 

It is not a Canucks issue...he's long gone, will quickly be forgotten and we can focus on the quality individuals (men of character) that JB has assembled to wear the Blue and Green.

 

It's fun to watch other teams problems.

 

BTW just for clarity I do not support of condone the comments by this peabrain and his colleagues, this is completely neanderthal mentality at its finest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an entire thread of comments from the group chat where these comments originated from: https://twitter.com/CapitalsDegen

Image


I get people talking crap for fun, but this seems straight up hurtful. In any event, if you read through the whole thing, there's a lot of comments that I personally wouldn't be proud of making, even in private.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Cannot wait to see Pearson and Virtanen host the Lipsticks next season.  Guessing he will feel inexcusable indeed afterwards.  Wives and race have and always will be untouchable in the league 

 

Will be interesting to see if JV has something to say or do about it

what about tom wilson his teammate?  knowing him he probaly "accidentally" hit him in practice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How many of us would look like self-entitled jerks if all our chats were released to the public. Not excusing Leipsic's misogynistic behaviour but this needs to be put into context. These messages were clearly intended for a certain audience and not for the masses. Reminds me of that season of South Park where everyone's internet history is being released by Denmark. People are judgmental and we rarely look in the mirror for reasons other than our vanity. What if these were a group of women doing the chatting. I bet it would be perceived differently. From personal experience women cannot be underestimated when it comes to viciousness, that and they have longer memories to boot, a truly deadly combination. 

 

Edit: No defense for the racist comment, deserves to be raked over the coals. Anyone who is racist toward Canada's long suffering Native population needs to revoke their citizenship and go die on an island somewhere.

Edited by Toews
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.