The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calls for Charges after Video of Fatal Shooting of Black Man in Georgia

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For sure....

...always good to have cops who hate liberals rather than stormtroopers.....

You'd think cops would love storm troopers.  They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

• Haha 1

Sad but not surprising.

When I was a kid I would have jumped at the chance to live in the US. Of course, that's before I knew what a &^@#ed up country it is - what with the racial divides, the extortionate cost of healthcare (an actual human right), the huge income disparity, the lack of any kind of work-life balance and the unhealthy obsession with firearms and the military.

I cannot think of anywhere worse. Certainly not in the developed world anyway.

7 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Sad but not surprising.

When I was a kid I would have jumped at the chance to live in the US. Of course, that's before I knew what a &^@#ed up country it is - what with the racial divides, the extortionate cost of healthcare (an actual human right), the huge income disparity, the lack of any kind of work-life balance and the unhealthy obsession with firearms and the military.

Just the marketing dollars speaking, 'shining city upon a hill' is just an imperialist albatross in reality. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Sad but not surprising.

To say nothing of their decaying infrastructure.  In many places it's like traveling in a third world country

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

To say nothing of their decaying infrastructure.  In many places it's like traveling in a third world country

You want a real eye opener, watch Bill Connolly's Route 66.

it's a British Documentary about him driving down Route 66.  It's been barely 3 decades and the entire modern world passed it by.  Seeing that level of neglect and decay is absolutely mind blowing.  Not to mention areas like Garry Indiana, Detroit, LA or the entire Rust Belt Ghost Towns

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You want a real eye opener, watch Bill Connolly's Route 66.

it's a British Documentary about him driving down Route 66.  It's been barely 3 decades and the entire modern world passed it by.  Seeing that level of neglect and decay is absolutely mind blowing.  Not to mention areas like Garry Indiana, Detroit, LA or the entire Rust Belt Ghost Towns

Let's face it the United states is a dump. @Toews said it accurately marketing machine is well at work.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just stop the trolling. Jump in the thread about guns and then educate me on how we get the criminals to give up their guns.

Thanks.

Btw this guy was a ex "professional."

These professionals make mistakes. 

Not sure why the cops were so aggressive. 

Even if it was a real gun, Storm Troopers wouldn't hit anyone anyways, lol.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Not sure why the cops were so aggressive. 

Even if it was a real gun, Storm Troopers wouldn't hit anyone anyways, lol.  

Kinda wonder what the nature of the call was that notified the police.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kinda wonder what the nature of the call was that notified the police.

She had a replica gun, like the one stormtroopers have in the movies. Some bonehead thought it was real and phoned the Gestapo....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

She had a replica gun, like the one stormtroopers have in the movies. Some bonehead thought it was real and phoned the Gestapo....

That's what I figure too.  Doesn't let the police completely off the hook, but you can understand why they're elevated, at least to start.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's what I figure too.  Doesn't let the police completely off the hook, but you can understand why they're elevated, at least to start.

Agreed.

The problem wasn't how they responded initially, it was that they couldn't (or wouldn't) employ a little common sense once it was obvious that it was just a young girl in a costume.

• Upvote 2

Seeing the young lady storm trooper being man-handled and the biggest problem was the jerk-off who hired her never stepped in at all to say she was his employee and that she was doing a promotion for his cafe,diner,bar&grill.

Also a little extra training for these officers would go a long long way in showing restraint when they know it's a girl under the mask,NOT ALOT OF GIRLS,GO AROUND MASS SHOOTING PEOPLE duh!

Edited by DADDYROCK

8 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Seeing the young lady storm trooper being man-handled and the biggest problem was the jerk-off who hired her never stepped in at all to say she was his employee and that she was doing a promotion for his cafe,diner,bar&grill.

Also a little extra training for these officers would go a long long way in showing restraint when they know it's a girl under the mask,NOT ALOT OF GIRLS,GO AROUND MASS SHOOTING PEOPLE duh!

And as he watched the police action from the door of the restaurant, owner Brad Whalen called out, "It's a plastic gun!"

"Are you serious?," he said, as three officers handcuffed his employee, now lying face down on the ground.

Whalen told CBC News the police appeared to continue with the takedown even after his employee had thrown the plastic gun to the ground. She was handcuffed while face-down on the pavement, which left her with a bloody nose, he said.

"I understand with everything that happened in Nova Scotia that police worry about things like that, but, it's Star Wars Day," he said, in a reference to the recent tragedy when a man killed 22 people in a shooting rampage.

"Our signs on the front of the building say 'Star Wars.' We were playing Star Wars music. It's a stormtrooper, with a stormtrooper blaster. You know, you have to use a little bit of common sense."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/stormtrooper-arrest-police-lethbridge-star-wars-day-1.5555963

I think the "biggest problem" was a couple of incompetent cops....

Watched another story about this........apparently the young man was poking around a house under construction across the road from the father's house and that's what led them to think that he looked suspicious.  It doesn't change much, but adds some context

6 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

LOCK THEM UP, LOCK THEM UP!

As I continue to watch the news(or stories of the day)on TV AND ONLINE,it just gets harder to explain just how broken the USA really is.The total $hit show that is the Trump

presidency allowing and even motivating citizens to do just evil things.

Lets hope our friends to the south of us have become aware that TRUMP is out for himself and the whole republican party is full of evil men and women who have been in office far too long(mitch mcconnell,lindsey graham,ted cruz) and the bunch are just the worst type of hypacrites and need to be removed from office and put in prison where they belong for the damage they have done.

... and the Clintons and Joe Bidden are different?  

Look at the number of new wars that were started under each administration.  I don't like Republicans but Democrats are the same $&!#, different toilet.