The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Tyson set to make comeback against Roy Jones Jr.

cuporbust

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Holy crap, its official. 

Wow, I don't know where Roy's skills are at lately but his style could give Mike fits.

Movement, combos etc... Roy survives the early going and he has a chance.

That said these are two dude in their 50's...so who knows. I was sure it was going to be Holyfield. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wow, I don't know where Roy's skills are at lately but his style could give Mike fits.

Movement, combos etc... Roy survives the early going and he has a chance.

That said these are two dude in their 50's...so who knows. I was sure it was going to be Holyfield. 

One guy is legendary at defense , and the other is legendary at offense.  Should be interesting. 

33 minutes ago, gurn said:

It's going to be a train wreck, but peoples eyes are drawn to disasters.

Old lions are lacing them up more and more these days.

Jeremy Horn also fought on this card. His record is 91-22 ! in mma!  Makes sense his nickname is Gumby, the guy can take whatever you throw at him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/michael-nunn-57-defeats-pat-miletich-52-in-kickboxing-bout/ar-BB16WkCr?li=BB15ms5q

Michael Nunn, 57, defeats Pat Miletich, 52, in kickboxing bout

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Old lions are lacing them up more and more these days.

Jeremy Horn also fought on this card. His record is 91-22 ! in mma!  Makes sense his nickname is Gumby, the guy can take whatever you throw at him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/michael-nunn-57-defeats-pat-miletich-52-in-kickboxing-bout/ar-BB16WkCr?li=BB15ms5q

Michael Nunn, 57, defeats Pat Miletich, 52, in kickboxing bout

Advances in hormone therapy.  No joke.

• Cheers 2

The fire within Tyson has lit up again, you could hear it in a lot of his interviews. 

This would have been a great match back in the day, but I don’t think Jones reflexes are there and he’s been knocked out hard by nobodies at the tail end of his career. 

This could be very dangerous for Jones, I don’t like this and hope they come out unscathed. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

Roy Jones Jr. claims promoters delayed boxing return because Mike Tyson ‘didn’t have a chance’ on just six weeks notice

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/10/15/21517778/roy-jones-jr-bout-delayed-mike-tyson-didnt-have-chance-just-six-weeks-notice-boxing

“I’m like, six weeks, that’s right around the corner,” Jones told Joe Rogan (transcribed by Tom Taylor). “[Tyson] ain’t been fighting. I can get ready, I’m pretty sure I can get a little bit more ready than he can because he’s been inactive a lot longer than I have. So six weeks, he’s still Mike Tyson and he still can punch, but six weeks, there’s no way he can get prepared for this.”

Jones, 51, has not competed since capturing a decision victory over Scott Sigmon in early 2018. The recently-resurrected Tyson, now 54, has been inactive since falling to Kevin McBride way back in 2005.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's tonight.

Strange 'rules'

Eight, Two-Minute Rounds

Bigger, 12oz Gloves

No Headguards

No Knockouts

Fight Stopped If There's A Cut

No Official Judges Or Winner

WBC Have Ex-Fighters Judging

(Their Scores Are Unofficial)

How can they control for KOs?

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

How can they control for KOs?

I know right,

Must be a sanctioning thing as they are going to allow two over the hill dudes try to kill each other? both men are talking like they are going for the finish. 

It's looks to be a big gimmick, I think they have youtubers or something as the co-headliners. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know right,

Must be a sanctioning thing as they are going to allow two over the hill dudes try to kill each other? both men are talking like they are going for the finish. 

It's looks to be a big gimmick, I think they have youtubers or something as the co-headliners. 

they should hold this in the HGH Arena. 

• Haha 1