The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Tyson set to make comeback against Roy Jones Jr.

cuporbust

43 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Many a friendship was nearly destroyed by Fight Night battles on the PS1.

As far as this whole comeback is concerned, I think if Hershel Walker can beat people's asses over 50 in MMA, why can't Tyson do it in boxing? He's looking beastly right now.

The king of early round ko s. If he was a guy that relied on cardio to end fights , I would be more skeptical. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monty said:

Is Mayweather really broke? If so, I cannot wrap my head around how that would even be possible.

I have seen some things in the media claiming he is. Rumour is that he is looking to fight again, that may be why people are saying he's broke. Word is that he has a big gambling problem as well.

3 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I have seen some things in the media claiming he is. Rumour is that he is looking to fight again, that may be why people are saying he's broke. Word is that he has a big gambling problem as well.

I guess I shouldn’t be all too surprised, if this is actually the case. A lot of athletes and entertainers who get incredibly wealthy and purchase a ton of things (and gamble on top of it) usually don’t anticipate the long term costs of said purchases. The countless stories of athletes, singers, and actors who have gone broke because they buy things that have carrying costs, which inevitably cost in the tens of millions to maintain, is too many to count.

20 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This could be embarrassing..

In what way? Even if he gets knocked out he's still a 73 year old man making a comeback. That's a lot of attention and publicity and quite the story.

It's genius if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

In what way? Even if he gets knocked out he's still a 73 year old man making a comeback. That's a lot of attention and publicity and quite the story.

It's genius if you ask me.

From a fight perspective mainly. He looks in good shape I’ll admit, but i don’t think we’ll see it in the ring.

From a money making standpoint absolutely it is genius I agree. He will make a bundle. 

His hands look good for 53....for 53.

His footwork, slips and cardio will likely show his age more.

I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular. However, good for him. One of the best ever.

Edited by bishopshodan

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

His hands look good for 53....for 53.

His footwork, slips and cardio will likely show his age more.

I'm not holding my breathe for anything spectacular. However, good for him. One of the best ever.

its a victory for biomedical science as well with all of the hormones, etc. he's likely on to achieve this but I guess it'll be a good show? I won't pay to watch it personally. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

OMG, that is so awesome ... I'm crying tears,

I hope he fights you first.

I appreciate his dedication and obvious love for the sport and if he does fight for charity I will applaude him. But his training videos fighting his dog and slowly dancing around an motionless sparring partner have not really impressed me and the media trying to rehype an old rivalry leave me sceptical of the sporting value of such an event.

Edited by joe-max
  • Cheers 1

On 5/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

On 5/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Monty said:

I guess I shouldn’t be all too surprised, if this is actually the case. A lot of athletes and entertainers who get incredibly wealthy and purchase a ton of things (and gamble on top of it) usually don’t anticipate the long term costs of said purchases. The countless stories of athletes, singers, and actors who have gone broke because they buy things that have carrying costs, which inevitably cost in the tens of millions to maintain, is too many to count.

There's no way Mayweather is broke.. he has an estimate net worth of over $500 million dollars; unlike other celebrities and athletes his wealth seems authentic compared to the likes of 50 cent and/others.

Edited by drummer4now