Sign in to follow this  
cuporbust

Mike Tyson set to make comeback

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Many a friendship was nearly destroyed by Fight Night battles on the PS1.

As far as this whole comeback is concerned, I think if Hershel Walker can beat people's asses over 50 in MMA, why can't Tyson do it in boxing? He's looking beastly right now.

The king of early round ko s. If he was a guy that relied on cardio to end fights , I would be more skeptical. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Monty said:

Is Mayweather really broke? If so, I cannot wrap my head around how that would even be possible.

I have seen some things in the media claiming he is. Rumour is that he is looking to fight again, that may be why people are saying he's broke. Word is that he has a big gambling problem as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I have seen some things in the media claiming he is. Rumour is that he is looking to fight again, that may be why people are saying he's broke. Word is that he has a big gambling problem as well.

I guess I shouldn’t be all too surprised, if this is actually the case. A lot of athletes and entertainers who get incredibly wealthy and purchase a ton of things (and gamble on top of it) usually don’t anticipate the long term costs of said purchases. The countless stories of athletes, singers, and actors who have gone broke because they buy things that have carrying costs, which inevitably cost in the tens of millions to maintain, is too many to count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This could be embarrassing..

I really doubt it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This could be embarrassing..

In what way? Even if he gets knocked out he's still a 73 year old man making a comeback. That's a lot of attention and publicity and quite the story.

 

It's genius if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

In what way? Even if he gets knocked out he's still a 73 year old man making a comeback. That's a lot of attention and publicity and quite the story.

 

It's genius if you ask me.

From a fight perspective mainly. He looks in good shape I’ll admit, but i don’t think we’ll see it in the ring.
 

From a money making standpoint absolutely it is genius I agree. He will make a bundle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, that is so awesome ... I'm crying tears,

On 5/12/2020 at 1:46 AM, joe-max said:

Season 1 Money GIF by The Simpsons

I hope he fights you first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

His hands look good for 53....for 53.

His footwork, slips and cardio will likely show his age more.

 

I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular. However, good for him. One of the best ever.

Edited by bishopshodan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

His hands look good for 53....for 53.

His footwork, slips and cardio will likely show his age more.

 

I'm not holding my breathe for anything spectacular. However, good for him. One of the best ever.

its a victory for biomedical science as well with all of the hormones, etc. he's likely on to achieve this but I guess it'll be a good show? I won't pay to watch it personally. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

OMG, that is so awesome ... I'm crying tears,

I hope he fights you first.

I appreciate his dedication and obvious love for the sport and if he does fight for charity I will applaude him. But his training videos fighting his dog and slowly dancing around an motionless sparring partner have not really impressed me and the media trying to rehype an old rivalry leave me sceptical of the sporting value of such an event.

Edited by joe-max
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I have seen some things in the media claiming he is. Rumour is that he is looking to fight again, that may be why people are saying he's broke. Word is that he has a big gambling problem as well.

 

On 5/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Monty said:

I guess I shouldn’t be all too surprised, if this is actually the case. A lot of athletes and entertainers who get incredibly wealthy and purchase a ton of things (and gamble on top of it) usually don’t anticipate the long term costs of said purchases. The countless stories of athletes, singers, and actors who have gone broke because they buy things that have carrying costs, which inevitably cost in the tens of millions to maintain, is too many to count.

There's no way Mayweather is broke.. he has an estimate net worth of over $500 million dollars; unlike other celebrities and athletes his wealth seems authentic compared to the likes of 50 cent and/others.

Edited by drummer4now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t call it a comeback, he’s been here for years. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Don’t call it a comeback, he’s been here for years. 

We must be getting old.... this post should have won the day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

We must be getting old.... this post should have won the day....

:lol:

 

Damn right on both points!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Iron Mike vs Evander the commander. 

Bye bye ear.

He'll get the rest of it this time!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact he can still move like that is extremely frightening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.