The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom unveils new mask

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

40 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I like it.  When they keep it simple they have a chance at almost stacking up to the old masks of the 70s and 80s.  Steel look is pretty badass.

Agreed.  Though I do like the current green-blue-white color scheme and would like it even more with some forest green highlights, still it gets at least a solid 8.5 in my book.

Cool.  Can’t wait to see a vintage mask with black red and yellow all over it ha ha.  It’s simple ... Markstrom is definitely the goalie of the future and the future started 18 months ago. Like a brick wall.   Reminds me of a book i read in grade five about a fat kid that nobody liked until they put him in net and there was nothing to shoot at...James and the Giant Peach author...at the time I thought it was a great idea - and now we have our very own monster that nobody can score on.  Because he’s huge and he’s very good.    And he’s got swagger now which was missing early ... sign this brick wall already - 6 x 6 just like LE...but unlike LE he won’t disappoint. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Cool.  Can’t wait to see a vintage mask with black red and yellow all over it ha ha.  It’s simple ... Markstrom is definitely the goalie of the future and the future started 18 months ago. Like a brick wall.   Reminds me of a book i read in grade five about a fat kid that nobody liked until they put him in net and there was nothing to shoot at...James and the Giant Peach author...at the time I thought it was a great idea - and now we have our very own monster that nobody can score on.  Because he’s huge and he’s very good.    And he’s got swagger now which was missing early ... sign this brick wall already - 6 x 6 just like LE...but unlike LE he won’t disappoint. 

We put the fat kid in net in road hockey but it didn't make anybody like him any more.  He was a pretty crappy goalie to be honest.  But what a trooper.  Guy took a lot of tennis balls to the nuts.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

But what a trooper.  Guy took a lot of tennis balls to the nuts.

Last time I checked they only asked you how many pucks you stopped, not how you stopped them lol....:lol:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Quite “stealthy” in that Chrome finish..   perhaps put that finish on the Goalie pads and blocker and he can reflect the lights into the eyes of his opponents..    

... they’ve come a long way baby,.   Mr Terry Sawchuk

image.thumb.jpeg.f9b228287da42f158e4486b91a17fa62.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Quite “stealthy” in that Chrome finish..   perhaps put that finish on the Goalie pads and blocker and he can reflect the lights into the eyes of his opponents..    

... they’ve come a long way baby,.   Mr Terry Sawchuk

image.thumb.jpeg.f9b228287da42f158e4486b91a17fa62.jpeg

Only thing missing are the bolts coming from his neck.