The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #50

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #50  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #50 Canuck of All-Time?

This poll is closed to new votes

Shame.  There is a fair amount of shame on this  voting considering it’s the last time we can do this and who’s the front runner.   Guys and Gals Pearson is way far ahead of Cooked PGP, so is Sutter, so is LE, so is AG, so is Bear and Rousell and Goldobin, so is everyone else that we can vote for who is a forward...if LE finishes his contract and doesn’t miss games does that mean in five years in a re-do he makes the list?   Come on.  High water mark of 14 goals and only three years of double digits and one was 10 goals.    A lot of other players have game tying and game winning goals.  A lot more in a heck of a lot less games played.  Shame.   What about Aucoin?  He’s not even on the list yet.  What about Reinhart?  If LE finishes his contract and is an iron man because you know he doesn’t hit - does that also make him a top 50 all-time Canuck? Ha ha  ... we all know he’s a better PKer and that when the chips are down and the net is empty something great could happen.   Cooke really shouldn’t even be available to vote on - yet he’s beating Murzyn who quite easily is a greater Canuck then Tanev who went in at 40.    Glad it’s almost done because if this went on much further bit would go see sideways.   Mitchell ... where’s his due?  Was our best defenseman pretty much every year he was here..and Murzyn wasn’t much different just had stiffer competition.     Shame. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Canucks Hat Trick: Gallagher on Vigneault, Matt Cooke and ...

Although the Cooker deserves to be in the 20-30 range, this is as fitting as it gets for him to squeeze into the last spot at #50, just when we thought there's no way he could overcome the nasty hatred from the fan base for things he never did as a Canuck... he's coming up with one more heroic moment as a Canuck.

As Larscheid says in the clip below.... "MATT COOKE! HE"S DONE IT AGAIN! Cooke Ties the game!" 

He was more clutch than at least half the guys ahead of him and has far more games played as a Canuck... He was always the underdog... undersized... under appreciated... but never counted himself out. His work ethic and dedication to the game and his team... he always brought his best game when it mattered most

Trading him for Matt Pettinger is one of the worst trades in Canucks history - Pettinger pretty much did nothing after the trade when you compare their careers. 

6th round pick by our glorious Vancouver Canucks... 19th all time with over 550+ games played... 8th all time in shorties... 

15th all time in playoff goals per game played @ 0.250 - 8 goals... in only 32 games... 13th all time in +/- during the playoffs... 

• Vintage 2

40 minutes ago, apollo said:

Although the Cooker deserves to be in the 20-30 range, this is as fitting as it gets for him to squeeze into the last spot at #50...

Cooke belongs in the 20s?  Yowzy yow yowzers!  I have to say I at least appreciate how you fight for your guy.

I have some criticisms of Cooke as a player if I were to be pressed on the issue, including while playing for the Canucks.  But nobody can take away his playoff performance in 2004.  I'm not so sure that they didn't mix up the jerseys and Linden wasn't wearing #24 by accident.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Cooke belongs in the 20s?  Yowzy yow yowzers!  I have to say I at least appreciate how you fight for your guy.

I have some criticisms of Cooke as a player if I were to be pressed on the issue, including while playing for the Canucks.  But nobody can take away his playoff performance in 2004.  I'm not so sure that they didn't mix up the jerseys and Linden wasn't wearing #24 by accident.

19th all time in games played... wouldn't be unreasonable for him to be 20-30 at all

Also it wasn't just 2004... his tying goal in 2003 could have been the difference between us making the West Final... but our goaltending just collapsed

Edit: sure you can say 20th is a stretch... but I did say 20-30 range... and 30th wouldn't be unreasonable at all considering his canucks tenure

Edited by apollo

20 hours ago, IBatch said:

Shame.  There is a fair amount of shame on this  voting considering it’s the last time we can do this and who’s the front runner.   Guys and Gals Pearson is way far ahead of Cooked PGP, so is Sutter, so is LE, so is AG, so is Bear and Rousell and Goldobin, so is everyone else that we can vote for who is a forward...if LE finishes his contract and doesn’t miss games does that mean in five years in a re-do he makes the list?   Come on.  High water mark of 14 goals and only three years of double digits and one was 10 goals.    A lot of other players have game tying and game winning goals.  A lot more in a heck of a lot less games played.  Shame.   What about Aucoin?  He’s not even on the list yet.  What about Reinhart?  If LE finishes his contract and is an iron man because you know he doesn’t hit - does that also make him a top 50 all-time Canuck? Ha ha  ... we all know he’s a better PKer and that when the chips are down and the net is empty something great could happen.   Cooke really shouldn’t even be available to vote on - yet he’s beating Murzyn who quite easily is a greater Canuck then Tanev who went in at 40.    Glad it’s almost done because if this went on much further bit would go see sideways.   Mitchell ... where’s his due?  Was our best defenseman pretty much every year he was here..and Murzyn wasn’t much different just had stiffer competition.     Shame. 

Shameful that Cooke could win the 50 spot. 
Might have to switch votes to block the millennial-vote. 

• Thanks 2