The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #50 - Tie-Breaker

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #50 - Tie-Breaker  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #50 Canuck of All-Time?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I also disagree with voting for one guy simply to block another guy, which is what lead to this tiebreaker. There's no rule against it, but it stinks. 

I know and you’re right. :blush:

It was greasy, but necessary. It’s been a great time and all of you have been excellent contributors and sports in here. What a great group of fans. :canucks:

I think you’re getting a taste of what the threads have been like for the older posters who see their guys overlooked.

Cooke is a great example of a guy we rasins wince at having been voted in over a Dana Murzyn, for instance. And at least he was probably still playing when you were born. I wonder how many players you did you not even consider? Dozens of years worth, perhaps, but I’m being facetious for effect. So, I think we’re even. 

You know what also sucks, and i hope you get my perspective here, is you young guys voting in several guys who don’t deserve to beat out those Canucks players which many of voters here probably never heard of... I’m ribbing you a bit, I hope it comes across that way. 

The players some of you younger voters never voted for because you guys only first-hand know 1/3 of the history of this team, made this list pretty sucky in places.

Blocking Cooke wasn’t half as bad as having to watch the glut of the demographic on here vote for the names they know, not necessarily the Greatest names.

You’ve survived one manufactured vote. Us older guys have been watching players get blocked since the top 10, mostly due to the age demographic on here, I assume. Younger posters were able to skew the votes a lot more than a few of us did in this one vote. Perspective is key. 

You’ll likely also go through this in 20 years with the next generation of fans too. There is no end to the amount of suffering for a Canucks fan :lol:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

• -AJ- locked this topic