Sign in to follow this  
-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - Final List

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It would be an interesting experiment to see how this would turn out using a different voting system like ranked ballots.

Yeah I toyed a bit with the idea of a different system but in the end this is how the lists were done in the past, so I figured I'd do it this way again. But yeah, I bet if we did three at a time or something, it would be a bit different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'll paste my Top 70 here for anyone interested. I've also placed CDC's list aside mine for comparison. Positive numbers (yellow) means CDC had the player higher than I did and negative numbers (light blue) means CDC had them lower than I did.

 

  My List Difference CDC's List  
1 H. Sedin 0 H. Sedin  
2 D. Sedin 0 D. Sedin  
3 T. Linden 0 T. Linden  
4 M. Naslund -1 P. Bure  
5 S. Smyl -1 M. Naslund  
6 P. Bure 2 S. Smyl  
7 R. Luongo 0 R. Luongo  
8 T. Gradin -1 K. McLean  
9 K. McLean 1 T. Gradin  
10 T. Bertuzzi -1 A. Edler  
11 A. Edler 1 T. Bertuzzi  
12 R. Kesler -3 M. Ohlund  
13 A. Burrows -2 R. Brodeur  
14 T. Tanti -3 A. Burrows  
15 M. Ohlund 3 R. Kesler  
16 B. Morrison -5 H. Snepsts  
17 J. Lumme -2 T. Tanti  
18 A. Boudrias -4 A. Mogilny  
19 A. Mogilny 1 J. Lumme  
20 D. Lidster -3 S. Salo  
21 H. Snepsts 5 B. Morrison  
22 R. Brodeur 9 A. Boudrias  
23 D. Kearns -4 D. Lidster  
24 P. Sundstrom -5 K. Bieksa  
25 D. Lever -1 C. Ronning  
26 C. Ronning 1 D. Lever  
27 P. Skriko -5 D. Kearns  
28 S. Salo 8 E. Jovanovski  
29 K. Bieksa 5 P. Sundstrom  
30 E. Jovanovski 2 G. Adams  
31 G. Adams 1 O. Kurtenbach  
32 G. Courtnall -1 P. Skriko  
33 D. Rota -6 G. Courtnall  
34 D. Ververgaert -8 B. Horvat  
35 C. Tanev -5 T. Williams  
36 K. McCarthy -10 D. Babych  
37 G. Smith -8 G. Odjick  
38 B. Horvat 4 J. Hansen  
39 O. Kurtenbach 8 D. Rota  
40 J. Hansen 2 C. Tanev  
41 R. Lanz -7 G. Butcher  
42 B. Boeser -8 D. Ververgaert  
43 E. Pettersson -1 D. Hamhuis  
44 D. Williams 9 E. Pettersson  
45 B. Schmautz HM G. Smith  
46 G. Odjick 9 K. McCarthy  
47 B. Pederson HM C. Oddleifson  
48 I. Boldirev HM R. Lanz  
49 I. Larionov HM C. Fraser  
50 J. Markstrom HM B. Boeser  
51 D. Babych 15 M. Cooke HM
52 C. Fraser 3 I. Larionov HM
53 G. Butcher 12 D. Murzyn HM
54 R. Blight   D. Cloutier HM
55 D. Cloutier HM M. Gelinas HM
56 C. Oddleifson 9 R. Rypien HM
57 J. Sandlak   B. Schmautz HM
58 D. Hamhuis 15 J. Markstrom HM
59 J. Gould   B. Pederson HM
60 D. Halward   I. Boldirev HM
61 M. Gelinas HM    
62 M. Cooke HM    
63 W. Mitchell      
64 D. Tallon      
65 Q. Hughes      
66 J. Guevremont      
67 M. Raymond      
68 B. Lalonde      
69 M. Lemay      
70 G. O'Flaherty      

 

Man I won't tell Tiger, Babych, Gino or Butcher how dirty you did them.  Or the King, otherwise it might be off with your head!

 

jqKRMd7.gif

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah I toyed a bit with the idea of a different system but in the end this is how the lists were done in the past, so I figured I'd do it this way again. But yeah, I bet if we did three at a time or something, it would be a bit different.

Three was what I was thinking too, but for each spot.  1st place vote worth 3 pts, 2nd = 2, 3rd = 1.  Whatever one player gets the most points gets in.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I officially protest the first and last spots, Bure should have been #1 and Brock should not have been in the top 50, what’s wrong with you people?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My top 10:

 

#1 - P. Bure

#2 - H. Sedin

#3 - D. Sedin

#4 - T. Linden

#5 - S. Smyl

#6 - M. Naslund

#7 - K. McLean

#8 - R. Luongo

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

 

The rest of you are all wrong......cheers!

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My top 10:

 

#1 - P. Bure

#2 - H. Sedin

#3 - D. Sedin

#4 - T. Linden

#5 - S. Smyl

#6 - M. Naslund

#7 - K. McLean

#8 - R. Luongo

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

 

The rest of you are all wrong......cheers!

Agree with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Young Murzyn asks Ripley:  Did you see the CDC voted Cooke in before me, he’s automatically in at 51 now what are we going to do?

tenor.gif?itemid=11314084

There fixed it for you ha ha.   Also no hard feelings - parting shot.  Thanks AJ, and the rest of you folks this was fun...is Covid over yet because I was hoping it would be by the time this was done ha ha.. NHL.coms doing a who wore it best countdown which ok I guess...99-60 is done at the moment ... but it’s not fun like this was. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GMs next?

Coaches would be real gud too. 
 

Might be saturated now though. 
 

Happy May long, everybody. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this AJ!

 

I have been a long time lurker haha!  (I know it says I joined 2013 but that's just when I made the account.)  Nothing has gotten me to actively post like this top 50 series.  I think I might try to stay a little more active.  I've really enjoyed talking to everyone here!

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for doing this @-AJ-, I always enjoy these types of polls.

 

Any consideration for running another while we wait for hockey? Perhaps top 50 current NHLers or something.

 

Here's my top 10 Canucks:

 

1. Henrik

2. Daniel

3. Luongo

4. Linden

5. Naslund

6. Bure

7. Smyl

8. McLean

9. Gradin

10. Kesler

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another list may be fun. It sounds like NHL hockey won't be starting for a while if it does start back up. A list of current NHLers is the most interesting one to me that's been suggested, but if anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Another list may be fun. It sounds like NHL hockey won't be starting for a while if it does start back up. A list of current NHLers is the most interesting one to me that's been suggested, but if anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open.

 

Top 50 players to hang out naked with Gary Coleman?

 

ept_sports_nhl_experts-661314397-1251224

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @-AJ- Had fun voting and seeing everyone's various opinions. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Another list may be fun. It sounds like NHL hockey won't be starting for a while if it does start back up. A list of current NHLers is the most interesting one to me that's been suggested, but if anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open.

Best by position would be fun to do.  I have BB near the top for his - well because he currently is.   For defenseman could do right side and left side - QH and Edler should both make the top 30 there ... Myers ... hard to say but would put things into perspective for guys that think that’s an albatross (it is not).   Or we could do best all-time by position which for me at least would be more interesting...as long as Lidstrom doesn’t go before Harvey, Shore, Orr, Potvin, Borque, Coffey id be ok with that ha ha.  

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Best by position would be fun to do.  I have BB near the top for his - well because he currently is.   For defenseman could do right side and left side - QH and Edler should both make the top 30 there ... Myers ... hard to say but would put things into perspective for guys that think that’s an albatross (it is not).   Or we could do best all-time by position which for me at least would be more interesting...as long as Lidstrom doesn’t go before Harvey, Shore, Orr, Potvin, Borque, Coffey id be ok with that ha ha.  

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do best Canucks all-time by position, as that's kind of already been done, but current NHL players could be interesting. Due to the fluidity of some positions, I wouldn't restrict it beyond forwards and defensemen though. Goaltenders would be another option if we wanted to just do by position.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do best Canucks all-time by position, as that's kind of already been done, but current NHL players could be interesting. Due to the fluidity of some positions, I wouldn't restrict it beyond forwards and defensemen though. Goaltenders would be another option if we wanted to just do by position.

Best all-time by position top 50 for each would keep us busy for awhile too. Would be interesting to see who’s playing now that might be worthy.  Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, Lundqvist are slam dunks of course...but who else ?!

 

Edit: And would be interesting to see what former Canucks could crack the top 50...Bure for sure. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IBatch said:

Best all-time by position top 50 for each would keep us busy for awhile too. Would be interesting to see who’s playing now that might be worthy.  Crosby, Ovi, Malkin, Lundqvist are slam dunks of course...but who else ?!

I would be surprised if Luongo wasn't very highly rated by many. He's high up on my goaltenders list for sure. Some long term guys like Marleau, Thornton, and Chara might get consideration too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I would be surprised if Luongo wasn't very highly rated by many. He's high up on my goaltenders list for sure. Some long term guys like Marleau, Thornton, and Chara might get consideration too.

Didn’t mention Luongo simply because he’s retired but for sure he’s making the top 50 goaltenders all-time.  Chara is one of a few defenseman of his generation that also might make it - Burns, Karlsson, Doughty and Keith are the others ... maybe Kane too. Edit and yes Thornton is all but a slam dunk...put huge points in the dead puck era and made the Sharks one of the best teams the past 20 years despite no cup. 
 

edit;  Think D Sedin also would make the top 50 for L wingers - H. Sedin probably not given the competition is much stiffer...Naslund also has an outside chance too

Edited by IBatch
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Didn’t mention Luongo simply because he’s retired but for sure he’s making the top 50 goaltenders all-time.  Chara is one of a few defenseman of his generation that also might make it - Burns, Karlsson, Doughty and Keith are the others ... maybe Kane too. Edit and yes Thornton is all but a slam dunk...put huge points in the dead puck era and made the Sharks one of the best teams the past 20 years despite no cup. 
 

edit;  Think D Sedin also would make the top 50 for L wingers - H. Sedin probably not given the competition is much stiffer...Naslund also has an outside chance too

 

I'm having a hard time thinking of 50 better left wingers.  And there sure aren't a lot of left wingers to win an Art Ross Trophy.

 

As it stands, Daniel is 11th all time in LW career scoring.  And of the guys ahead of him, I have him easily above Ray Whitney and Keith Tkachuk, and probably Andreychuk as well (the guy did captain a team to the Stanley Cup).  Someone could also try to make a case for him being better than Robitaille, Goulet and Shanahan.

 

As for the guys behind him in scoring, the only ones I would promote to above Daniel are Ted Lindsay, Bob Gainey and...maybe Clark Gillies.  Tough to make a call with really old guys like Bert Olmstead, Dickie Moore, Toe Blake.  But anyway, Daniel isn't dropping many spots if any at all when recalibrating the list.

 

By the way, Markus Naslund is 19th in career scoring for LWs.  I'd have him in the top 50 as well.

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.