The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Orca Logo I Stumbled Upon...

Rate this topic

MikeyD

Sorry if this has been posted before as I haven't been on these forums hardly at all since the coronavirus thing, but I came across these standard Facebook hoodie knockoffs that sell some Canucks items and I came across this particular one and really thought the orca logo looked pretty sweet. It's the one in the bottom left. Not sure if it's stolen or designed itself but I thought it was pretty dope. What do you guys and gals all think? 

Screenshot_20200518_075831_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Looks like a Hartford Whaler tail on it

I wish they'd free Willy and let him swim out to sea, (and stick with the Original) and the 94 as 3rd  and be done with it 

Yeah to be honest I'm 100% with you on that. The skate logo should be the main one we go with in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah to be honest I'm 100% with you on that. The skate logo should be the main one we go with in my opinion. 

The colour scheme on the skate jerseys are gorgeous. The logo it self is atrocious. I think the Orca is actually the best "logo" we've had, although I do like the stick in rink as well.   The logo and colour scheme suit the West Coast well.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Fateless said:

The colour scheme on the skate jerseys are gorgeous. The logo it self is atrocious. I think the Orca is actually the best "logo" we've had, although I do like the stick in rink as well.   The logo and colour scheme suit the West Coast well.  

I agree. That logo makes no sense and looks like spaghetti. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I agree. That logo makes no sense and looks like spaghetti. 

Maybe. But the Orca unfortunately looks like a corporate logo ... thank god Quin would have thrown those suits up into the rafters before allowing them to change the name to Orcas too.  Did Ceasers change Detroit into a Pizza?  Nope.   I get it - young folks can’t understand the old uni’s - Bieksa and Kesler begged to play in them though - why?  Because they were awesome.  

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe. But the Orca unfortunately looks like a corporate logo ... thank god Quin would have thrown those suits up into the rafters before allowing them to change the name to Orcas too.  Did Ceasers change Detroit into a Pizza?  Nope.   I get it - young folks can’t understand the old uni’s - Bieksa and Kesler begged to play in them though - why?  Because they were awesome.  

Orca Bay MBA:

"So our analysis shows a 1.2% increase in ROI and a one-time 23% boost in jersey sales if we change the team name to the Orcas.  I think this is going to go over like gangbusters and Gary Bettman said he will rubber stamp--"

Pat Quinn:

pat-quinn-1975-235.jpg

Orca Bay MBA:

dKuckvs.gif

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2020 at 7:12 AM, MikeyD said:

Sorry if this has been posted before as I haven't been on these forums hardly at all since the coronavirus thing, but I came across these standard Facebook hoodie knockoffs that sell some Canucks items and I came across this particular one and really thought the orca logo looked pretty sweet. It's the one in the bottom left. Not sure if it's stolen or designed itself but I thought it was pretty dope. What do you guys and gals all think? 

Screenshot_20200518_075831_com.facebook.katana.jpg

It looks like a rendition of the seattle seawolves logo.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:55 AM, ba;;isticsports said:

Looks like a Hartford Whaler tail on it

I wish they'd free Willy and let him swim out to sea, (and stick with the Original) and the 94 as 3rd  and be done with it 

This. Stick and rink as mains with the black 'skate' as 3rds.

PS the Whalers logo may be the best sports franchise logo of all time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3