Sign in to follow this  
MikeyD

Interesting Orca Logo I Stumbled Upon...

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, morgo said:

A real fan wouldn't root against his team winning a championship just because he doesn't like the particular logo they're using.  If the team went with Johnny Canuck tomorrow, would I be disappointed?  Sure.  Would I root against them ever winning a championship in that logo?  Absolutely not.  I would want them winning a championship no matter they used for a logo.

I will never ever root for the Orca as a Canucks championship logo. It has misrepresented the Canucks' name, heritage and history and is the primary source to fan division regarding the club brand.

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I will never ever root for the Orca as a Canucks championship logo. It has misrepresented the Canucks' name, heritage and history and is the primary source to fan division regarding the club brand.

I've never even seen you talk hockey on this forum before.

Only come here to bitch about the logo.  Get a life bro.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Just curious, what if the Canucks won a Stanley Cup in the current, Orca jerseys?  Would you just disregard the championship and cheer for a different team?

Because that is a very real possibility when you factor in how the team is trending and managements position on the logo.

18 minutes ago, morgo said:

Just curious, what if the Canucks won a Stanley Cup in the current, Orca jerseys?  Would you just disregard the championship and cheer for a different team?

Because that is a very real possibility when you factor in how the team is trending and managements position on the logo.

Future salary cap issues; the Orca is bad luck, ie. untimely injuries to key players, untimely bad plays; constant meddling and undermining from the one of the worst ownerships in sports; no Judd Brackett to find quality young prospects in a salary cap era; tough and highly competitive Western Conference.

We shall see.

• Hydration 1

34 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I've never even seen you talk hockey on this forum before.

Only come here to bitch about the logo.  Get a life bro.  

Why don't you get a life Brother because you obviously admitted that you spend A LOT more time on this forum than I do. Therefore, I have more of a life than to have pointless arguments with the likes you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Future salary cap issues; the Orca is bad luck, ie. untimely injuries to key players, untimely bad plays; constant meddling and undermining from the one of the worst ownerships in sports; no Judd Brackett to find quality young prospects in a salary cap era; tough and highly competitive Western Conference.

We shall see.

^ Fan of the year.  Seriously, go cheer for another team.  We don't want you.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, morgo said:

:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

• Haha 1

This thread has amazing content....

I don't like the whale, if we win a Cup with the whale jersey I will be happy but I will be wearing other Canuck gear that doesn't have the whale. The whale just reminds we of when "Orca" Bay owned the company. Where was there any reference to a whale from 1970-1997...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, bishopshodan said:

Is that even supposed to be a Canucks design? 

Why is it down in line with the Grizzlies ones and whats up with the white 'S' ?

Stands for sucks.

Edited by IBatch

On 7/2/2020 at 11:20 PM, morgo said:

Don’t be mean.   Some of us really aren’t fond of the Orca.  Suppose your too young to know why - and if they changed it permanently you’d be a little heart broken and none too happy about it for a long time either.   Orca entertainment says hi.   God bless the mighty Quin for this team not being called the Orcas and in Seattle right now too. 

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Priceless.   Seattle Steelheads ... good one!

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 12:29 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Fine then. Never ever root for the orca as the Canucks championship logo. It's not like your opinion's going to make a difference. lol

The rest of us can cheer it on while you mope around somewhere else. Your loss. Not ours. ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 5:39 AM, IBatch said:

Don’t be mean.   Some of us really aren’t fond of the Orca.  Suppose your too young to know why - and if they changed it permanently you’d be a little heart broken and none too happy about it for a long time either.   Orca entertainment says hi.   God bless the mighty Quin for this team not being called the Orcas and in Seattle right now too. 

Personally, I grew up watching the skate jersey. When they changed to the orca it took a bit of time for me to adjust. If they change it again, it'll probably also take a bit of time for me to adjust. I hope they don't as I want to see consistency and the orca's the jersey that's been around the longest now, but I get that changes do happen.

Now, I don't agree with morgo's comments on this, but I also don't think Tiger's comments are helpful either. I get that people are passionate about logos, but when people act like 5 year olds about it, I'm not about to show any sympathy. Act like adults about it and then we can have a good discussion.

Edited by The Lock