The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Greatest Goaltending Lineup in NHL History: Single Season

Rate this topic

Greatest Goaltending Lineup: Single Season  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

1954-55 Red Wings:  Sawchuck and Hall. Honourable mentions to 1971-72 Canadiens: Dryden and Vachon, and the 93-94 Sabres: Fuhr and Hasek.

Good options, I wasn't going to be able to remember them all.

Go with the 92-93 Sabres and you get to include Daren Puppa.

As to the 71-72 Canadiens, I would say Myre and DeJordy are both worth naming as the 3 and 4 guys.

Do we consider the names in their best years or only in the years you named?

The 1938-39 Bruins had two incredible legends, Frank "Mr. Zero" Brimsek as the 23-year old Calder and Vezina winner backed up by a 35-year old veteran legend "Tiny" Thompson, winner of four Vezinas himself.

Also, from 1991 through to 1993, the Blackhawks had both Hasek and Belfour.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

The 1938-39 Bruins had two incredible legends, Frank "Mr. Zero" Brimsek as the 23-year old Calder and Vezina winner backed up by a 35-year old veteran legend "Tiny" Thompson, winner of four Vezinas himself.

wow... nice call with Brimsek and Thompson. Been a long time since i have heard those names. 

• Cheers 1

Most of these were great, but I went with the Islanders in 1980. Billy Smith was awesome and also full of p_ss and vinegar. Glenn 'Chico' Resch was equally good. And then of course the future great Nucks goalie Richard 'The King' Brodeur. What good memories. I hated the Islanders because they were so good. Much like I hated the Oilers after that. ha ha.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:24 PM, -AJ- said:

Oh how I remember, Belfour and Hasek, what a combo!   And I also remember that cheapskate Bill Wirtz let both HoF'ers walk when it came to contract time.

1 minute ago, skolozsy2 said:

Oh how I remember, Belfour and Hasek, what a combo!   And I also remember that cheapskate Bill Wirtz let both HoF'ers walk when it came to contract time.

Many-a-team has been ruined by cheapskate owners.

• 2 weeks later...