The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

I think people need to realize - COVID hasn't gone anywhere. The fact we are socially distancing and many of us wear masks and use hand sanitizer etc has made a big impact. As someone else who lives in the Edmonton area things have not been all rosy - we have had several restaurants shut down due to positive cases here. As good as it would be for the local economy the fact is I don't see NHL resuming anytime soon - look at St Louis already.

35 minutes ago, Pears said:

Nice to see but without an agreement on the CBA it means little.

If they can get a tentative agreement on that and get it to a full player vote, then I’ll be a little more excited.

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I appreciate this guy's update on what's happening south of the border. It's sad that Trump refuses to head the advice of professionals. I say keep the border closed as long as there are active cases in the US. Could be a while. We'll see what happens now after their 4th of July celebrations. 

There will be another spike in cases.  They just saw a huge spike (due to reopening the states early along with the BLM demonstrations). They just can’t get it right down there.  I guess that happens when you have a narcissistic megalomaniac who thinks he knows more than the experts in charge 

• Cheers 1

Interesting that their opt out date is July 7th at 5PM.

Kind if soon considering they haven’t even ratified the CBA or taken a membership vote.

Doesnt leave the players a whole lot of time to decide.

Edit: Looks like they have until 3 days after ratification.

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There will be another spike in cases.  They just saw a huge spike (due to reopening the states early along with the BLM demonstrations). They just can’t get it right down there.  I guess that happens when you have a narcissistic megalomaniac who thinks he knows more than the experts in charge 

it's not that they can't get it right down there.. it's a lot easier to tell 10 people what to do than it is to tell 100 ppl what to do.. literally it just takes any one of the 100 ppl to not follow instruction to fuk it up for everyone.. that's the problem when USA population is almost 10x canada

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

it's not that they can't get it right down there.. it's a lot easier to tell 10 people what to do than it is to tell 100 ppl what to do.. literally it just takes any one of the 100 ppl to not follow instruction to fuk it up for everyone.. that's the problem when USA population is almost 10x canada

that's not the problem, imo

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

They have 8.9x the population and 28 times the cases.  This means 3 times the number of cases per capita. The problem isn't trying to convince too many people, it's when your narcissistic sociopath leaders lie and mislead and pander to the lowest common denominator and divide the country risking lives.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, mll said:

23 positive cases on 396 players that joined phase 2.  There are also 12 players that tested positive outside of phase 2.

Those number seem good to me. Stricter testing and the bubble should see that drop to zero soon .... I hope.

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

But.. but... but.. I thought Jake is immature and he goes out to party in clubs and does not opt in for optional practices. This doesn't make sense at all.

God forbid a young single man have one last night out while following the law

Edited by Hamhuis Hip Check
  • Cheers 1