The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

After reviewing the article, the guy who posted was no other thanToronto journalist Steve Simmons who is a toxic parasite member of the Toronto media. Same guy that came out with the article that said: “Jim Benning stabbed Linden in the back” I should’ve been more careful reading who was behind the article.

I hadn't heard of him before, but the Toronto Sun is a questionable rag, from what I remember when I lived out that way.

4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

So 50 NBC American broadcasters in the Toronto hub must be declared an "essential service" over very capable Canadian people??

Hockey Night In Canada — brought to you, for the very first time, by Americans.

If I read it right, this means American broadcast for the Eastern Conference teams and Canadian broadcast for Western Conference. Does that mean we get Jim Hughson for Canucks games?

So 50 NBC American broadcasters in the Toronto hub must be declared an "essential service" over very capable Canadian people??

apparently  NBC was pissed that the hub cities were not american, so this is why the nhl did it

All because the NHL didn't want to go to Vegas?  NBC is so petty, what a terrible TV deal the money should've been higher.  

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Don't blink now, Loui may....may have a chance to crack the top 12 forward group.

He was the Canucks' best puck battler this season according to Sportlogiq's tracking technology.  Only Canuck to make the top-16 in the division.  They had a bracket up over the break for fans to guess on and took the 16 best of each division but at least 1 per team.  Wild had 4 representatives with Koivu edging out Eastern conference Bergeron for the title. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Don't blink now, Loui may....may have a chance to crack the top 12 forward group.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him in place of Roussel or Virtanen.

This series will be about discipline and winning pick battles. Eriksson might be the better option there.

Plus showcasing him to other teams to show that he can still play might be an added bonus.

Just now, mll said:

He was the Canucks' best puck battler this season according to Sportlogiq's tracking technology.  Only Canuck to make the top-16 in the division.  They had a bracket up over the break for fans to guess on and took the 16 best of each division but at least 1 per team.  Wild had 4 representatives with Koivu edging out Eastern conference Bergeron for the title. 

One thing that is greatly overlooked is that Loui Eriksson has had a pension for being really good at takeaways and regaining puck possession.  

It makes a lot of sense why Green also used him in defensive roles because he has the propensity more often than not to recover puck possession.  He isn't the same offensive player anymore, but still a very effective defensive player.  I could definitely see him sliding into the top 12 because Green loves his defensive game.

Yakov Trenin (NSH) was marked as unfit to play on the training camp roster but was on the ice today.  So were Josi and Sissons who missed practice yesterday but had skated earlier.

As for Pastrnak: 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him in place of Roussel or Virtanen.

This series will be about discipline and winning pick battles. Eriksson might be the better option there.

Plus showcasing him to other teams to show that he can still play might be an added bonus.

I think if everyone stays healthy, there’s about a 50% chance Virtanen starts the play-in series as a healthy scratch.

And if that happens, there’s about a 100% chance that 50% of Canucks fans lose their minds. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

One thing that is greatly overlooked is that Loui Eriksson has had a pension for being really good at takeaways and regaining puck possession.  

It makes a lot of sense why Green also used him in defensive roles because he has the propensity more often than not to recover puck possession.  He isn't the same offensive player anymore, but still a very effective defensive player.  I could definitely see him sliding into the top 12 because Green loves his defensive game.

I fully agree, but I just had to correct you. It's penchant, not pension. I apologize for my OCD. :unsure:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think if everyone stays healthy, there’s about a 50% chance Virtanen starts the play-in series as a healthy scratch.

And if that happens, there’s about a 100% chance that 50% of Canucks fans lose their minds. :lol:

50% will be going off on Virtanen not in the lineup, the other 50% will be going off on Eriksson actually being in the lineup.

Maybe I'm going to stay away from CDC when the play-in starts....oh who am I kidding, this is what CDC is all about!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

50% of the time, it works every time? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I'd bet all the monies in my pocket that well over 50% of us would lose our minds sitting Virtanen in favour of Eriksson.

• Cheers 1