The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to part ways with Judd Bracket

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 6/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, IBatch said:

Definitely looking forward to a tell all in the future.  Whatever the rift was Linden will and should be forgiven any wrong doing.   Ownership and management used his as human pr shield which was a little shameful don’t you think?

I Believe ppl need to separate the player from the former president. He got paid well to perform a role. It's not like he did it out of charity. He got paid, and continued to get paid after being fired. And this is ignoring what many consider to the poor decision making during linden-benning years. In the end, if we replaced linden's name with 'xxxyyy' or 'Yzerman', what would our assessment be of his performance during the linden benning years? 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I agree that DeLorme didn't discover him, but Benning has said he was the loud voice that brought EP to their attention. The thing is Benning always credits his scouting staff for the work they do. He often says "we", when they get the player they targetted. Scouts are usually in the field doing their jobs, so they don't report directly to Benning, but DeLorme must've been the "lucky" guy to get the info, however he pushed hard to get EP's name in the conversation. Surely every scout will think the guy they are scouting could/should be the pick they should go for. DeLorme had to go with the info he had and stick to his guns on one guy.

So the crowd that is trying to pin all the good picks on Brackett need to realize it's a group effort and it's more complicated than just one guy getting the job done. Benning has praised this group, hell even Brackett does. So with this in mind, with Benning at the helm and supposedly having too much of a footprint in this department, perhaps he is doing something right with this group. Brackett was a good piece here, but he wanted a bigger role and to take away from what Benning has developed. With the way the media has propped up Brackett here though, he's going to have big shoes to fill wherever he goes.

Though aside from Patrick, I think I would be happy with any of the other 4 players and wouldn't be too upset if I was one of those teams and "missed out" on EP.

Good post.  For sure it’s a group effort.  Even past our scouting staff and right down to the lower tier guys who are drinking bad coffee and travelling the provinces and European countries scouring talent for their junior A teams and onward.   All amateur and pro scouts rely on local talent - often first before they pursue a certain player asking them if the game they just saw was the normal - or if he had an off game or whatever they need to know about a particular player - often watching side by side too.    It’s the first thing that happens in a lot of cases (calling the local scouts and asking around).   Also it’s very common that a team commits to viewing one player but notices someone else completely.  It’s a pretty fluid situation.   In the past on this subject a lot of recognition was going to Delmore which is great - the team did an awesome job of preparing for that draft and getting their guy (from top to bottom).   I just wanted to add some light to it and how it was both a stroke of good luck and a bit of a fluke it happened at all.  

It’s early yet but before Makar had his rookie year a lot of media attention came heavily into why teams missed on EP and what teams may or may not of picked him in the top ten had they had the chance (or passed on him), rightly so and a fun exercise.  Who knows how honest teams are on the subject- only the NYR say they’d have picked him but even that is a little suspicious given our team was the one in the loop and nobody else spent the same time viewing him.   EP is special - Hammarstrom likened the comparison to playing with Gretzky and scouting both Forsberg and Jagr while in PHI.   Saying he had the “it” factor or was just plain special.   His teammates obviously felt the same giving him the Alien moniker ...

A long time ago Lafleur followed a similar path.  All the ice time he’d ever want and the determination and desire to be the best and work endlessly on his individual skills without “pro trainers/skill coaches” influencing him.  The product is obviously something new and different.    I’ve never read anything about a player identifying 12 weaknesses in his shot and then spending months perfecting each aspect.  Crosby maybe but even that’s different as he’s had all the help at his fingertips since the start.    Look forward to a time in the future when this story becomes legendary because I think it will.   Best part is leading up to the draft not much more then a little blurb about EP was available but Patrick was hyped for two years ... Hirschier changed that a bit after the WJs...then it’s was mostly about those two.   The draft in general was supposed to be underwhelming given the Mathews, McDavid ones prior to it - with a lot of good guys but nothing spectacular.   And Jack Hughes and Kakko were supposed to be otherworldly right?  Cautionary tale about the hype.   Dahlin’s draft was all about defense and rightly so.  The “next Lidstrom”.     Lafreniere... I’m sure he will be great.   But only time will tell about all these guys. 

Edit:  want to add because of the lack of information and even hype around EP I was pretty sure Glass or Valardi were the BPA.  Kudos to JB right on down for having an excellent draft.  So far they’ve done it three times ... picking the BPA or better given their draft position in the first round.   Most teams would be very happy with those odds. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, FairPM said:

I Believe ppl need to separate the player from the former president. He got paid well to perform a role. It's not like he did it out of charity. He got paid, and continued to get paid after being fired. And this is ignoring what many consider to the poor decision making during linden-benning years. In the end, if we replaced linden's name with 'xxxyyy' or 'Yzerman', what would our assessment be of his performance during the linden benning years? 

I’m not sure what this even means.   Linden wanted to win a cup with this organization and came back with that sole goal in mind.  That’s exactly what he’s said many times.  He’s rich and doesn’t need the money.  Bet he’d have done it for free.   The rift had something to do with a different viewpoint on how to go about that.  I believe he wanted to take more time to get the right picks in place where as JB felt we had enough and continues with the idea we can get it done earlier - pretty obvious with the Miller trade.    Who cares if we replaced him with whomever.  Linden is the most influential Canuck ever.   All i said was he was used like a human shield (which he was) and that I look forward too the time when whatever the rift was about comes to light.   I’m sure a lot of others would also like to know what actually happened too.  It smells a little.  Curb him before the team even gets out of its low cycle.   Francis , Yzerman, Shanahan etc...it’s not like he’s the only recent player to go from playing to that job.  And he had some credibility and credintials given his leadership with the NHLPA. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Saying linden is the most influential Canuck ever shows your bias to linden the player. Likewise, saying he wanted to get the picks right excludes his statements about the sedins, the free agent signings like Ericsson. Likewise, saying he'd do it for free. (because he loves the canucks). The reality is he didnt have experience running an NHL team (as president, gm or asst gm). He doesn't get a free pass as an NHL executive just because he was a great Canuck. Likewise, he doesn't get to re-write history by saying he wanted to do X but mgmt wanted to do Y.  Judge him by his actions when he did X as president.  Those actions are the facts/history of what he did when he was president. 

55 minutes ago, FairPM said:

Saying linden is the most influential Canuck ever shows your bias to linden the player. Likewise, saying he wanted to get the picks right excludes his statements about the sedins, the free agent signings like Ericsson. Likewise, saying he'd do it for free. (because he loves the canucks). The reality is he didnt have experience running an NHL team (as president, gm or asst gm). He doesn't get a free pass as an NHL executive just because he was a great Canuck. Likewise, he doesn't get to re-write history by saying he wanted to do X but mgmt wanted to do Y.  Judge him by his actions when he did X as president.  Those actions are the facts/history of what he did when he was president. 

Ha ha.  Isn’t he?  Plus JB was the GM ... the President.  How do you know Linden was pushing for LE?  It’s not his job.  The Sedins were untradeable so taking the stance to respect contracts and their tenure is a good one IMO.   Don’t diss Linden and not expect getting called out.  Experienced or not - he did a fine job of taking and eating sh!tburgers the entire time he was here. Which I suspect was part of the point of the hire from the start.   Facts are facts.  He hired JB.   That’s his job and PR.  The rest is JB job. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Good post.  For sure it’s a group effort.  Even past our scouting staff and right down to the lower tier guys who are drinking bad coffee and travelling the provinces and European countries scouring talent for their junior A teams and onward.   All amateur and pro scouts rely on local talent - often first before they pursue a certain player asking them if the game they just saw was the normal - or if he had an off game or whatever they need to know about a particular player - often watching side by side too.    It’s the first thing that happens in a lot of cases (calling the local scouts and asking around).   Also it’s very common that a team commits to viewing one player but notices someone else completely.  It’s a pretty fluid situation.   In the past on this subject a lot of recognition was going to Delmore which is great - the team did an awesome job of preparing for that draft and getting their guy (from top to bottom).   I just wanted to add some light to it and how it was both a stroke of good luck and a bit of a fluke it happened at all.  

It’s early yet but before Makar had his rookie year a lot of media attention came heavily into why teams missed on EP and what teams may or may not of picked him in the top ten had they had the chance (or passed on him), rightly so and a fun exercise.  Who knows how honest teams are on the subject- only the NYR say they’d have picked him but even that is a little suspicious given our team was the one in the loop and nobody else spent the same time viewing him.   EP is special - Hammarstrom likened the comparison to playing with Gretzky and scouting both Forsberg and Jagr while in PHI.   Saying he had the “it” factor or was just plain special.   His teammates obviously felt the same giving him the Alien moniker ...

A long time ago Lafleur followed a similar path.  All the ice time he’d ever want and the determination and desire to be the best and work endlessly on his individual skills without “pro trainers/skill coaches” influencing him.  The product is obviously something new and different.    I’ve never read anything about a player identifying 12 weaknesses in his shot and then spending months perfecting each aspect.  Crosby maybe but even that’s different as he’s had all the help at his fingertips since the start.    Look forward to a time in the future when this story becomes legendary because I think it will.   Best part is leading up to the draft not much more then a little blurb about EP was available but Patrick was hyped for two years ... Hirschier changed that a bit after the WJs...then it’s was mostly about those two.   The draft in general was supposed to be underwhelming given the Mathews, McDavid ones prior to it - with a lot of good guys but nothing spectacular.   And Jack Hughes and Kakko were supposed to be otherworldly right?  Cautionary tale about the hype.   Dahlin’s draft was all about defense and rightly so.  The “next Lidstrom”.     Lafreniere... I’m sure he will be great.   But only time will tell about all these guys. 

Edit:  want to add because of the lack of information and even hype around EP I was pretty sure Glass or Valardi were the BPA.  Kudos to JB right on down for having an excellent draft.  So far they’ve done it three times ... picking the BPA or better given their draft position in the first round.   Most teams would be very happy with those odds. 

I agree with pretty much everything, but I think the only thing I want to say is that EP was ranked around 8-12 in most rankings. I don't think he was a complete unknown and we had this secret weapon. Surely teams knew of him already and scouted him and he was making a name for himself. We just did our research and felt he was something special, so we took a swing and nailed a grand slam. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the draft board discussions because that's likely where this got hashed out to determine that EP was their guy.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ha ha.  Isn’t he?  Plus JB was the GM ... the President.  How do you know Linden was pushing for LE?  It’s not his job.  The Sedins were untradeable so taking the stance to respect contracts and their tenure is a good one IMO.   Don’t diss Linden and not expect getting called out.  Experienced or not - he did a fine job of taking and eating sh!tburgers the entire time he was here. Which I suspect was part of the point of the hire from the start.   Facts are facts.  He hired JB.   That’s his job and PR.  The rest is JB job. 

seeing as how Linden was Benning's boss, it would be Linden's vision ahead of Benning. Like you said, Linden hired Benning. Benning would have bought into what Linden wanted (or he wouldn't have been hired).  Publicly, they were on the same page the first few years.  Your statement  "Don’t diss Linden and not expect getting called out." is the exact problem with assessing Linden's performance as President of the Canucks.   He's still revered as the golden boy by many Canucks fans.  Bottom line is that, since he left, the direction has been different.  Whether you agree with the direction is up to you.  

I guess the question is... what are you willing to hold Linden responsible for during his time here as the President of the Canucks?  

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I’m not sure what this even means.   Linden wanted to win a cup with this organization and came back with that sole goal in mind.  That’s exactly what he’s said many times.  He’s rich and doesn’t need the money.  Bet he’d have done it for free.   The rift had something to do with a different viewpoint on how to go about that.  I believe he wanted to take more time to get the right picks in place where as JB felt we had enough and continues with the idea we can get it done earlier - pretty obvious with the Miller trade.    Who cares if we replaced him with whomever.  Linden is the most influential Canuck ever.   All i said was he was used like a human shield (which he was) and that I look forward too the time when whatever the rift was about comes to light.   I’m sure a lot of others would also like to know what actually happened too.  It smells a little.  Curb him before the team even gets out of its low cycle.   Francis , Yzerman, Shanahan etc...it’s not like he’s the only recent player to go from playing to that job.  And he had some credibility and credintials given his leadership with the NHLPA. 

I think it was more basic than even that. The rift seem to happen after Linden, supposedly, went to other GMs from rebuilding teams and asked about their rebuilding strategies. He ,again supposedly, then brought his ideas from those meetings to Aquilini(and/or Benning). If he brought it straight to Aquilini, then he skipped Benning in the process. Either way, I think it's possible that the very act of sharing notes with other GMs went against  Aquilinis business philosophy. That incident did seem to be the tipping point.

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I think it was more basic than even that. The rift seem to happen after Linden, supposedly, went to other GMs from rebuilding teams and asked about their rebuilding strategies. He ,again supposedly, then brought his ideas from those meetings to Aquilini(and/or Benning). If he brought it straight to Aquilini, then he skipped Benning in the process. Either way, I think it's possible that the very act of sharing notes with other GMs went against  Aquilinis business philosophy. That incident did seem to be the tipping point.

This is exactly what the media’s framed. Who really knows - it’s all supposition.  Again I’m truly looking forward to a tell all or something from the horses mouth.  I’ve seen this same story floating around the CDC and parroted a few times now.  It sounds good and maybe it’s the case.  Personally to me it says a lot that soon after we are hiring UFAs again like wildfire and trading a first for Miller (which also adds fuel to the fire).  JB has being towing the line since he started here that we could be right back on top and in the playoffs.  Which adds credibility to the idea that Linden wanted to take a more long term approach.  In the end it results matter and there is no denying that JB is getting those.   My only issue is using Linden and his good name as a human shield.  And that he’s no longer here when things are looking up.  Shame. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, FairPM said:

seeing as how Linden was Benning's boss, it would be Linden's vision ahead of Benning. Like you said, Linden hired Benning. Benning would have bought into what Linden wanted (or he wouldn't have been hired).  Publicly, they were on the same page the first few years.  Your statement  "Don’t diss Linden and not expect getting called out." is the exact problem with assessing Linden's performance as President of the Canucks.   He's still revered as the golden boy by many Canucks fans.  Bottom line is that, since he left, the direction has been different.  Whether you agree with the direction is up to you.  

I guess the question is... what are you willing to hold Linden responsible for during his time here as the President of the Canucks?  

Golden boy eh?  Why don’t you just go f!ck yourself.  

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

This is exactly what the media’s framed. Who really knows - it’s all supposition.  Again I’m truly looking forward to a tell all or something from the horses mouth.  I’ve seen this same story floating around the CDC and parroted a few times now.  It sounds good and maybe it’s the case.  Personally to me it says a lot that soon after we are hiring UFAs again like wildfire and trading a first for Miller (which also adds fuel to the fire).  JB has being towing the line since he started here that we could be right back on top and in the playoffs.  Which adds credibility to the idea that Linden wanted to take a more long term approach.  In the end it results matter and there is no denying that JB is getting those.   My only issue is using Linden and his good name as a human shield.  And that he’s no longer here when things are looking up.  Shame. 

I remembered it differently so I went back and looked at some of the media reports after Linden retired/was fired. The media in most cases either just reported the facts at the time or framed it exactly how you're framing it. The meetings with other teams was treated as a prelude to different visions of re-building and not as the reason itself.

Just for the record. Benning joined the Bruins after the 2006 draft, the 2007 was his first season there and he left prior to the 2014 is 2013 was his last year at the Boston draft table. Here are the Boston selections 2007 - 2013

Hamill ----------GP 20
Cross -----------GP 3
Reul ------------GP 0
Goulet ----------GP 0
Ostricill ---------GP 0
Knackstedt -----GP 0
Colborne -------GP 194
Sauve ----------GP 0
Hutchinson -----GP 58
Arniel -----------GP 1
Tremblay -------GP 0
Goggin ----------GP 0
Caron -----------GP 157
Button ----------GP 0
Macdermid ------GP 10
Randall ----------GP 0
Sexton ----------GP 0
Seguin ----------GP 396
Knight ----------GP 0
Spooner --------GP 90
Cunningham ---GP 40
Florek -----------GP 0
McIntyre --------GP 0
Trotman ---------GP 0
Chudinov --------GP 0
Hamilton --------GP 217
Khocklachev ----GP 9
Camera ---------GP 0
Ferlin ------------GP 0
O'Gara -----------GP 0
Vorden -----------GP 0
Subban ----------GP 1
Gryxelchek ------GP 0
Griffith -----------GP 32
Payne ------------GP 0
Benning --------- GP 0
Hargrove ---------GP 0
Arnesson ---------GP 0
Cehlarik ----------GP 0
Fitzgerald --------GP 0
Blidh -------------GP 0
Sherman ---------GP 0
Dempsey ---------GP 0

Just for the record/ I know this will upset some folks but before you get ticked off with me check it out yourself

57 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Just for the record. Benning joined the Bruins after the 2006 draft, the 2007 was his first season there and he left prior to the 2014 is 2013 was his last year at the Boston draft table. Here are the Boston selections 2007 - 2013

Hamill ----------GP 20
Cross -----------GP 3
Reul ------------GP 0
Goulet ----------GP 0
Ostricill ---------GP 0
Knackstedt -----GP 0
Colborne -------GP 194
Sauve ----------GP 0
Hutchinson -----GP 58
Arniel -----------GP 1
Tremblay -------GP 0
Goggin ----------GP 0
Caron -----------GP 157
Button ----------GP 0
Macdermid ------GP 10
Randall ----------GP 0
Sexton ----------GP 0
Seguin ----------GP 396
Knight ----------GP 0
Spooner --------GP 90
Cunningham ---GP 40
Florek -----------GP 0
McIntyre --------GP 0
Trotman ---------GP 0
Chudinov --------GP 0
Hamilton --------GP 217
Khocklachev ----GP 9
Camera ---------GP 0
Ferlin ------------GP 0
O'Gara -----------GP 0
Vorden -----------GP 0
Subban ----------GP 1
Gryxelchek ------GP 0
Payne ------------GP 0
Benning --------- GP 0
Hargrove ---------GP 0
Arnesson ---------GP 0
Cehlarik ----------GP 0
Fitzgerald --------GP 0
Blidh -------------GP 0
Sherman ---------GP 0
Dempsey ---------GP 0

Just for the record/ I know this will upset some folks but before you get ticked off with me check it out yourself

Maybe Boston had poor scouts?

Maybe Chiarelli had a vision for the team that didn’t match Bennings? Maybe Benning targeted good players and Chiarelli ignored him.

Again trying to pin every bad pick on Benning while saying he’s not responsible for any good ones is completely baseless.

His first stint at being the guy who calls the shots and he’s having great success at the draft table. Regardless if he identified every good pick or not he has surrounded himself and is listening to the right people. That’s what matters as a GM.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe Boston had poor scouts?

Maybe Chiarelli had a vision for the team that didn’t match Bennings? Maybe Benning targeted good players and Chiarelli ignored him.

Again trying to pin every bad pick on Benning while saying he’s not responsible for any good ones is completely baseless.

His first stint at being the guy who calls the shots and he’s having great success at the draft table. Regardless if he identified every good pick or not he has surrounded himself and is listening to the right people. That’s what matters as a GM.

I new this response before it was written :rolleyes: If we're talking about who is responsible for the Vcr picks it's Benning rather than Brackett, but in Boston, it's every one else but Benning responsible for the poor picks. The Teflon Don  ….. maybe, maybe not, maybe some one else, maybe ….. Oh well maybe it's pointless. The point is how come and where did he develop this iron clad reputation for being a great scout?

On 6/8/2020 at 5:51 AM, IBatch said:

In an odd way we should be thanking Ulf  Dahlen for being close friends with Inge,  and then having a son who played on the same team and was good friends with EP that happened to end up playing in Timra together.    It was Dahlen Inge went to watch, but it was EP he ended up picking up that “special” vibe from right away.  He used playing against Wayne Gretzky as an example of how he exuded a lot of the same “special” and how he was able to spot it.   He wasn’t ranked that high because of where he was playing and because of being so darn skinny.    In a re-draft Makar is probably his stiffest competition.    Love that he “learned center” at the NHL level - something he’s still working on but seriously wow this kid is dynamite.  Also he reached out to the Canucks and had to get them to come to Sweden/Timra to check him out a couple of times.   Not sure at which point he became their guy if still available at 5, or what they would have done if Hirshier or Patrick were also available...a perfect storm of circumstances for us - again lotto ball Karma.    Same with Hughes but to a lesser degree.   For me this made up for OJ.  

what??

demanding or what ?

the nucks may have won the best player in 2 recent drafts by selecting 5 or lower

this is magical

shrewd

this makes up for a lot more then oj

oj may still work out, so your disappointment in him is premature as well

On 6/8/2020 at 1:02 PM, Fred65 said:

Yeah I noticed the Wikipediamake  mention, the problem with Wiki is you never know how uptodate it might be. I thought Vcr would have listed him,maybe a part timer ?

oh

i think inge

makes sure wikipedia is up to date

each time his canuck cheque clears

5 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I look at the team management structure more like a corporation.  The Aquilini family would be the Board of Directors.  Francesco Aquilini would be the Chairman of the Board and the father, Luigi is the real boss.  Canuck management runs the team and comes up with strategy but the Board has to approve.  So when Linden presented his plan to ownership, I don't think they relished the idea of drafting and developing indefinitely like the Winnipeg Jets have done because face it, that team was rebuilding while they were still in Atlanta.

I think that we have to understand how a family real estate empire is managed in terms of the decision making process to gain perspective on what happened next.  My understanding of Trumps "empire" is that everything went through him and he had a number of key advisors.  In other words, the classic organizational structure is not really observed.  I haven't heard anything to tell me that the Aquilini company isn't structured the same way except the brothers all work together and Francesco makes the final call on things. The other thing was that I felt all along that Linden was hired to be a PR guy.  To be the face of the franchise and to speak with the media and perhaps to be an interface between the GM and ownership.  Calling him President was just a nice title to the family, especially since he had next to no experience and none running a team.  It turned out that with his feet held to the fire by the jackals known as the Vancouver sports media, he didn't hold up too well. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if Francesco asked Benning directly, if he thought that he could make the team more competitive sooner than Linden's plan.  He wouldn't have considered that he was doing anything wrong.  And of course, Benning can't tell a lie and if you ask him a direct question, he's going to answer it.....so he said yes and went to work trying to figure out how.

Of course, Linden did hire Benning.  And even though he was light on experience, he still had the right of approval if he decided to exercise it.  Not necessarily.  And Linden felt betrayed by his old buddy.

Having said all that, this is a plausible explanation but that is all.   I don't think that we're ever going to hear the real story.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I new this response before it was written :rolleyes: If we're talking about who is responsible for the Vcr picks it's Benning rather than Brackett, but in Boston, it's every one else but Benning responsible for the poor picks. The Teflon Don  ….. maybe, maybe not, maybe some one else, maybe ….. Oh well maybe it's pointless. The point is how come and where did he develop this iron clad reputation for being a great scout?

You have no proof that he is or isn’t responsible for bad picks. Your assuming just as much.

In reality it likely lies somewhere in the middle. He’s made some good picks and some poor picks just like every GM.

He developed his reputation as a premier scout during his time in Buffalo. If you look at the number of NHL games played by players that were picked during his tenure there, it’s way above the league average.

He knows how to identify talent in later rounds, that’s always been his forte.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Hamill ----------GP 20
Cross -----------GP 3
Reul ------------GP 0
Goulet ----------GP 0
Ostricill ---------GP 0
Knackstedt -----GP 0
Colborne -------GP 194
Sauve ----------GP 0
Hutchinson -----GP 58
Arniel -----------GP 1
Tremblay -------GP 0
Goggin ----------GP 0
Caron -----------GP 157
Button ----------GP 0
Macdermid ------GP 10
Randall ----------GP 0
Sexton ----------GP 0
Seguin ----------GP 396
Knight ----------GP 0
Spooner --------GP 90
Cunningham ---GP 40
Florek -----------GP 0
McIntyre --------GP 0
Trotman ---------GP 0
Chudinov --------GP 0
Hamilton --------GP 217
Khocklachev ----GP 9
Camera ---------GP 0
Ferlin ------------GP 0
O'Gara -----------GP 0
Vorden -----------GP 0
Subban ----------GP 1
Gryxelchek ------GP 0
Payne ------------GP 0
Benning --------- GP 0
Hargrove ---------GP 0
Arnesson ---------GP 0
Cehlarik ----------GP 0
Fitzgerald --------GP 0
Blidh -------------GP 0
Sherman ---------GP 0
Dempsey ---------GP 0

Benning was the AGM..not the Director Of Scouting for Boston.

While I’m sure he had some input, those picks are not his.