The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to part ways with Judd Bracket

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

If there is a humourous side to this story it's that all of those posters who constantly down graded this story as it developed as fake news from fake journalists. Well …. apparently not !!  :lol: Seems like the accused fake journalists through their sources were actually on to some thing. Many who fostered pre conceived beliefs now have red faces 

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Not even close Jimmy.

You know as well as I do that there's a certain element on CDC (not saying you or I^_^), that will continue to dredge up every single pick that Judd's next organization makes (and he will be hired by another organization undoubtedly) and compare them with ours - for better or worse. 

This story ain't over, just one chapter - I think we know CDC too well to believe that. 

yeah, this will be like Frankie Corrado x10.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Did not want a promotion, just wanted to do his job and be in charge of hiring. Nenning ego just sent the canucks back 10 years

OK. You've really lost it now, thats just ridiculous. 

He wants more autonomy than Benning likes to have in his organization. It happens. You're making it sound like Judd ran the whole show. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK. You've really lost it now, thats just ridiculous. 

He wants more autonomy than Benning likes to have in his organization. It happens. You're making it sound like Judd ran the whole show. 

I think what he's saying is that we're primed for a run to the finals next season !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"We ate the food, drank the wine. Everybody had a good time. Except you, you were acting like it was the end of the world..."

Best version is live from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony a few years ago.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wait.... "@Judd4theDefense"????? omg that means he picked Juolevi :frantic:

Watch...  Brackett will go to Seattle,    and an Extorsion Draft league wide to hang himself with.

In the attempt to rule the world,  Kingdoms are given up, and left behind.

Im wondering if Brackett realizes what he is giving up.. chances are anything he was hoping to grasp now, would have been attained with patience.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not happy about this at all, but have to think it's about Brackett wanting an upgraded position and set of duties.  If it was just about money for his existing job it shouldn't have come to this (but you never know). 

It's getting hard not to notice the regular purges in Canucks management.  First it was Gilman, Henning et al, then Linden, now this.  Is Benning hard to work with or unable to handle different opinions?  Do the people around him underestimate him and try to move in on his role?  Is it just that Brackett has ambitions that the Canucks can't meet and this situation has nothing to do with the previous ones?  Hard to say.

But this is a loss and I'm on the same page as those who'd rather have a bit more friction in the front office with Brackett in a higher position than a mediocre peace with Weisbrod as the clear number two.

Okay... I come here to enjoy talking about the Nucks with fellow fans and get up to the minute news in the team.  Normally I just scroll past curtain posters that have a hater agenda towards players or management.  Not because I don't agree or that I'm a homer per say.  Just because none of us truly know why any one decision is made by the organization unless we're given the full story.  Those posters here that decide to make it their mission to discredit said players or management without really having any facts has finally gotten to me.  So that being said, how do you find and implement the ignore button?

To add to this thread...  Just wanna wish Mr. Brackett all the best.  Thank you for your great work!  Really enjoyed how articulate and his thorough analysis on why scouting staff chose curtain players.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Those posters here that decide to make it their mission to discredit said players or management without really having any facts has finally gotten to me.  So that being said, how do you find and implement the ignore button?

In case you're serious, on PC, hover over the name of the user you wish to ignore and you'll see the following pop up: Click "Ignore User".Ignore.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

In case you're serious, on PC, hover over the name of the user you wish to ignore and you'll see the following pop up: Click "Ignore User".Ignore.png

Yes I am!  Unfortunately I post on my android phone... I hope to get on my computer and do as you suggest.  Thank you for the info AJ!

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, bree2 said:

sorry guys, but I am glad its done with. we can move on. I trust Benning  with this team. 

I'm glad this is done too. So many were pointing fingers like people aren't allowed to have opinions.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I'm not happy about this at all, but have to think it's about Brackett wanting an upgraded position and set of duties.  If it was just about money for his existing job it shouldn't have come to this (but you never know). 

It's getting hard not to notice the regular purges in Canucks management.  First it was Gilman, Henning et al, then Linden, now this.  Is Benning hard to work with or unable to handle different opinions?  Do the people around him underestimate him and try to move in on his role?  Is it just that Brackett has ambitions that the Canucks can't meet and this situation has nothing to do with the previous ones?  Hard to say.

But this is a loss and I'm on the same page as those who'd rather have a bit more friction in the front office with Brackett in a higher position than a mediocre peace with Weisbrod as the clear number two.

I hear what you’re saying, and I’m definitely one of the people who’d love to have the ability to jump into a parallel universe where MG was allowed to rebuild, kept his team with Gilman and Henning, and Crawford was given several drafts with early picks and high pick volume. It’s quite possible (though far from guaranteed) that in that reality, we’re already long since rebuilt and now contending.

But in our reality, Gillis got ****canned and we hired JB. It’s the new guy’s prerogative to build his own team. It’s no surprise that the “night of the long knives” happened and the Gillis loyalists were purged from the organization. The Linden thing, yeah, maybe a betrayal, but who knows the full story, really. As for Brackett, sometimes there’s just not enough room at the top. It seems all but confirmed that he wanted autonomy in running amateur scouting, and that just doesn’t happen in the NHL, unless your scouting director also happens to be the GM/AGM or a maybe Hockey Ops VP, etc. Otherwise, the director reports to the GM. And if Brackett wasn’t happy in that role and the chain of command, he needed to move on, and seek a GM/AGM position with another team. Can’t really blame Benning for not giving into that kind of demand. It would be pretty much unprecedented and would really undermine his authority, and in one of the areas where he’s arguably the most capable.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2