bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If you can listen to the Joe Rogan interview with a Navy Seal do so (sorry I don't remember the Seal's name). The Seal talks about the lack of police training versus what the Seals do

 I haven't listened to that pod cast but guaranteed you're talking about Jocko Willink.

 

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

. The Seal also said there is a lot of ignorance involved when suggestions that choking be not allowed. Choking is one of the least violent things that can be done to to neutralize a situation.  

He's probably right but one funny thing about that comment from Jocko is...

He once broke his friend John Dudley's neck with a choke hold! :lol:

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If you can listen to the Joe Rogan interview with a Navy Seal do so (sorry I don't remember the Seal's name). The Seal talks about the lack of police training versus what the Seals do. Also talks about the stress problem that does not get addressed well enough by many police departments. In the example of the guy who was suffocated by the kneeling cop he said that would likely not have happened as another Seal would have stepped in and relieved the guy kneeling on the victim's neck. The Seal also said there is a lot of ignorance involved when suggestions that choking be not allowed. Choking is one of the least violent things that can be done to to neutralize a situation.  

The reason why I feel like being a cop is so stressful and why there needs to be reform is because of simply this. There's no job in the world that requires you to be more and less human at times depending on the severity of the situation and has so much lack of training/resources to cope and deal with it. 

 

A cop could talk a guy off a bridge who's trying to kill themselves and get them help and then have to shoot a guy trying to kill himself by threatening to hurt you or others, suicide by cop. Things vary on extreme levels and the effect on the mental cannot be healthy.

 

If you get behind some in a rear choke position you have a lot of control of that person. If the dude is cuffed and officer is power tripping and decides to choke then consequences need to happen. You can find various instances where a choke-like submission could be useful in resolving conflicts and when it is entirely unnecessary. That goes in part to training too. Police can be trained in some aspects of mma that helps them determine what holds to use, how to safely use them and when it is appropriate to use them. Consistency is required. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If you can listen to the Joe Rogan interview with a Navy Seal do so (sorry I don't remember the Seal's name). The Seal talks about the lack of police training versus what the Seals do. Also talks about the stress problem that does not get addressed well enough by many police departments. In the example of the guy who was suffocated by the kneeling cop he said that would likely not have happened as another Seal would have stepped in and relieved the guy kneeling on the victim's neck. The Seal also said there is a lot of ignorance involved when suggestions that choking be not allowed. Choking is one of the least violent things that can be done to to neutralize a situation.  

Jocko. I think this is the clip you're referring to.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The reason why I feel like being a cop is so stressful and why there needs to be reform is because of simply this. There's no job in the world that requires you to be more and less human at times depending on the severity of the situation and has so much lack of training/resources to cope and deal with it. 

 

A cop could talk a guy off a bridge who's trying to kill themselves and get them help and then have to shoot a guy trying to kill himself by threatening to hurt you or others, suicide by cop. Things vary on extreme levels and the effect on the mental cannot be healthy.

 

If you get behind some in a rear choke position you have a lot of control of that person. If the dude is cuffed and officer is power tripping and decides to choke then consequences need to happen. You can find various instances where a choke-like submission could be useful in resolving conflicts and when it is entirely unnecessary. That goes in part to training too. Police can be trained in some aspects of mma that helps them determine what holds to use, how to safely use them and when it is appropriate to use them. Consistency is required. 

 

Agreed,cops need more training on the regular as well as support for mental health and addiction situations. It's a tough job. 

 

Though I understand your comment about choke holds they should get massive amounts of training first. 

I was a GM of some nightclubs at one point. We did not allow choke holds. Key locks and arm bars were the way to go when restraining patrons. 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

:lol:

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry Jocko, you don't go hard with a rookie, even at their request.

Joe does give him the gears a bit. Joe is a BJJ blackbelt.

Edited by bishopshodan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bishopshodan said:

Agreed,cops need more training on the regular as well as support for mental health and addiction situations. It's a tough job. 

 

Though I understand your comment about choke holds they should get massive amounts of training first. 

I was a GM of some nightclubs at one point. We did not allow choke holds. Key locks and arm bars were the way to go when restraining patrons. 

 

For sure. Tons of training for any holds. And not only that but CONSISTENT training at that IMO

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed,cops need more training on the regular as well as support for mental health and addiction situations. It's a tough job. 

 

Though I understand your comment about choke holds they should get massive amounts of training first. 

I was a GM of some nightclubs at one point. We did not allow choke holds. Key locks and arm bars were the way to go when restraining patrons. 

 

Lol I am trying to picture someone getting arm barred by a bouncer.. I can’t. Standing arm bar?

 

Maybe a kimura 

 

I used to see choke holds used for ejecting patrons all the time when I used to frequent clubs. Of course they just got chucked to the curb once outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Lol I am trying to picture someone getting arm barred by a bouncer.. I can’t. Standing arm bar?

 

Maybe a kimura 

 

I used to see choke holds used for ejecting patrons all the time when I used to frequent clubs. Of course they just got chucked to the curb once outside.

What?, no flying arm bars in the clubs you went to.? Yes, kimura's etc...even had a guy that would do some Akido small joint stuff.

 

Yeah , choke holds were a no no as of about 2010. Liability stuff. Though they were used when we would be overwhelmed. We had some days with UN, Red Scorpion types. Ugly fights. 

 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

The Seal also said there is a lot of ignorance involved when suggestions that choking be not allowed. Choking is one of the least violent things that can be done to to neutralize a situation.  

Here's a story about the pseudo-tough guy Steven Seagal being taught a lesson by a REAL legend - Gene LeBell involving a chokehold:

 

(NSFW:  a fair bit of profanity):

 

 

:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

In this instance, where they're on their own property, on a private street that was broken into, if they feel threatened yeah they can make there presence known. If you feel threatened and in any sort of danger you have the right to defend yourself in the US. If they feel threatened enough to point a weapon then they can. 

 

Had they shot people unjustifiably I would want them arrested and charged but that never happened. They had countless opportunity to cause harm if they had so desired.

 

Given how they've seen and witnessed death and destruction within their own city due to some protest gone wrong that might explain their reasoning behind deciding to make their presence known with guns. That's not to say all protesters are rioters because that would be untruthful but after the street was broken into they showed that they were not willing to take any chances.

 

If anything blame those rioters that made it worse for the actual peaceful protesters. IMO this whole thing just serves as a distraction from actually talking about police brutality.

Glossed over the finger on the trigger part I see.

From what I've read no one even stepped foot on their property. If they just stood there with their weapons in plain sight, still douchey but fair enough. Screaming at people walking by while pointing your weapon at them with your finger on the trigger, and mustard stains on your shirt. That's a whole other level of douche. And in most gun lubbin states, it's completely unlawful. I guess we'll see if Missouri is one of those states soon. I'm not holding my breath.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Glossed over the finger on the trigger part I see.

From what I've read no one even stepped foot on their property. If they just stood there with their weapons in plain sight, still douchey but fair enough. Screaming at people walking by while pointing your weapon at them with your finger on the trigger, and mustard stains on your shirt. That's a whole other level of douche. And in most gun lubbin states, it's completely unlawful. I guess we'll see if Missouri is one of those states soon. I'm not holding my breath.

I think the finger on the trigger is besides the point. I could point out that those people shouldn't have broken down the gate and entered a private property but that's also besides the point. They're both irrelevant to the outcome. I made the distinction had the couple unlawfully shot the protesters than they should face justice. That never happened. I pointed out that the couple had ample opportunity to cause harm if they had so desired. That never happened. So in the end nothing actually happened, so why is this worth being distracted over when we should be focused on creating a better system for police and the people?

 

Whether you think it's douchey is your opinion and you can definitely have those feelings. I am just saying no one was hurt, the end. Shouldn't dwell on something not worth dwelling on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They killed a federal security guard. Of course it was originally blamed on Antifa.

I'm probably not up to speed but have you heard of this? They like guns, want a civil war and wear stupid shirts...

 

The Boogaloo movement. 

The Boogaloo Tipping Point

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/07/american-boogaloo-meme-or-terrorist-movement/613843/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They killed a federal security guard. Of course it was originally blamed on Antifa.

I'm probably not up to speed but have you heard of this? They like guns, want a civil war and wear stupid shirts...

 

The Boogaloo movement. 

The Boogaloo Tipping Point

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/07/american-boogaloo-meme-or-terrorist-movement/613843/

the internet is the epitome of a double edged sword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stawns said:

the internet is the epitome of a double edged sword

Al Gore... Tim Berners-Lee created a monster. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

What?, no flying arm bars in the clubs you went to.? Yes, kimura's etc...even had a guy that would do some Akido small joint stuff.

 

Yeah , choke holds were a no no as of about 2010. Liability stuff. Though they were used when we would be overwhelmed. We had some days with UN, Red Scorpion types. Ugly fights. 

 

People don’t fight by me anymore, you just get riddled with bullets.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 9:52 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I guess the question is: Are these incidents happening more frequently, or are we just hearing about them more?

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/shes-got-the-gun-on-me-video-shows-white-woman-pulling-pistol-on-black-mother-daughter-in-michigan/ar-BB16fLnG?li=AAggNb9

 

 

Couple is getting charged but after watching few other videos from the this incident.

Black family acted like bunch of idiots as well and were looking for confrontation.

She shouldn’t have drawn her gun period but smh at all stupid people out there.

 


https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/us/michigan-woman-pulls-gun.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Lots of far right Nazi's from Eastern Africa, why is he even being charged? Ridiculous, play stupid games win stupid prizes, these protesters are so dumb they don't realize how easily they are killing their own movement, I have 0 sympathy for premeditated idiocy.

Edited by canuckster19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick up trucks, confederate flags and Trump supports in video 1. Sure looks like a hate crime to me video number 2

Some real degenerates out there.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be a backlash against the progressive left at the polls. These people live in a caccoon. The major of LA and the governor call for no fireworks on July 4th and yet the night sky is lite up. The Backlash against Newsome is in full mode. 

 

I blame the Democrats for the anarchy evolving in the streets of the USA. There is no price they won't pay to defeat Trump. IMHO Trump could have been beaten if the DNC had moved back to the middle and rejected the radical left. They have done the opposite. The MSM conducts its daily attacks on Trump and I suspect most people see that for the BS it is. Media has a lower poll ranking than lawyers in the USA. There was an opportunity for the DNC to defeat Trump, might still be as the election is months away. They have been no more truthful than Trump in their efforts to defeat him. The DNC needed a stronger candidate and a campaign based on their principals of how they can rebuild America. Instead we see nightly insurrection which many Democrats support. Instead of an easy victory in November there is likely a backlash that could easily re-elect Donald Trump.   

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

There will be a backlash against the progressive left at the polls. These people live in a caccoon. The major of LA and the governor call for no fireworks on July 4th and yet the night sky is lite up. The Backlash against Newsome is in full mode. 

 

I blame the Democrats for the anarchy evolving in the streets of the USA. There is no price they won't pay to defeat Trump. IMHO Trump could have been beaten if the DNC had moved back to the middle and rejected the radical left. They have done the opposite. The MSM conducts its daily attacks on Trump and I suspect most people see that for the BS it is. Media has a lower poll ranking than lawyers in the USA. There was an opportunity for the DNC to defeat Trump, might still be as the election is months away. They have been no more truthful than Trump in their efforts to defeat him. The DNC needed a stronger candidate and a campaign based on their principals of how they can rebuild America. Instead we see nightly insurrection which many Democrats support. Instead of an easy victory in November there is likely a backlash that could easily re-elect Donald Trump.   

Is that the title of your Greatest Hits album?

 

 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.