bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

3 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Yeah I read those, and people are like, "oh the post millenial is right-wing" doesn't make that any less factual. I can't stand journalists that make things about them, or making themselves sound like, "oh I am you cause I had to "struggle" as well", virtue signalling morons.

I don't understand how many people are quick to dismiss something because it's "right wing" but consume anything "left-wing" journalist tells them.  Just because something doesn't fit your narrative doesn't make it any less factual.  

Personally I think you should challenge your own views, only way to grow.

• Hydration 2

Imagine that....an independent autopsy disputes the ME report of Floyd's cause of death:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/george-floyd-independent-autopsy/index.html

An independent autopsy into the death of George Floyd found that the unarmed black man died from "asphyxiation from sustained pressure," according to attorney Ben Crump.

Floyd was essentially "dead on the scene" in Minneapolis on May 25, Crump said.
"The ambulance was his hearse," the family's attorney told reporters Monday.
The independent autopsy's findings come after the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found "no physical findings" to "support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," according to the criminal complaint released by the Hennepin County Attorney's Office in the arrest of former Officer Derek Chauvin.

Chauvin had his knee on Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in total and two minutes and 53 seconds after Floyd was unresponsive, the complaint says.
Preliminary autopsy results cited in the complaint said combined effects of being restrained, any potential intoxicants in Floyd's system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, probably contributed to his death. Toxicology results can take weeks.

"George died because he needed a breath. He needed a breath of air," Crump said.

In other news, grass is green, the Pope is Catholic and bears do indeed sh!t in the woods....<_<
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

If the USA offered 2k a month like us there would probably be far less protestors. Bad economy, less jobs, and no government support isn't a good combination with confinement then on top of it a national tragedy. 

I have no doubt that the pandemic coupled with financial stress, job loss, frustration with govt/law enforcement and other factors are providing fuel to the anger. This is a very good example of how well run countries that takes care of its citizens or puts its citizenry over politics tend to fair better through stressful times as a collective.

• Vintage 2

If anyone is wondering about the mentality among police officers that leads to incidents like this, maybe this video will give you some insight:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/01/minneapolis-police-union-president-praise-trump-campaign-rally.cnn

In the video, the speaker mentions that he had the "honor" of meeting Sheriff David Clarke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Clarke_(sheriff)

While Sheriff of Milwaukee County, Clarke came under scrutiny for deaths and alleged mistreatment of the inhabitants of Milwaukee County jail facilities. One man died of thirst in what a coroner ruled was a homicide, and pregnant women were handcuffed and shackled while undergoing labor.

Clarke frequently appeared as a guest on Fox News through February 2018 and was a speaker at the 2016 Republican National Convention. He resigned as sheriff in August 2017.[7] A vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, Clarke was considered for a role in the Trump Administration. After resigning as Sheriff of Milwaukee County, Clarke joined the super PAC America First Action as a spokesman and senior advisor, serving until February 2019.

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

LbcQM2v.jpg

At a time that calls for a calming presence and direction from the Commander in Chief,  the @realDonaldTrump cowers in the bunker.

Calls himself the greatest President In US history. SO TERRIBLE!!!! Sad really.

Posted (edited)

Some good points were made.

Edited by BoKnows
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

All the first reporter did was report what she saw unlike the second story.  Honestly don't think she deserves any hate and it was probably a very frightening experience for her.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Protestors tackle antifa scumbag that is getting rocks to throw at the police.

Anti fascists my ass!

Is that big dude at the end, with the welding gloves hanging off his back, ANITFA?

Anyway, good for those folks.

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Watching police superintendent Brown and mayor Lightfoot press conference.

Few quotes from the press conference, Trump should take notes.

”Hate will not drive out hate””evil will not drive out evil” “rioters and looters are disgracing Floyd’s name”

Becoming big fan of LL, I wish she could run as Biden’s VP.

With each passing day, I become a bigger fan of hers.  Love her no-b.s., straight-to-the-point attitude.  Especially liked her "coded" message to Trump.

• Thanks 1

There are stories circulating that Trump is considering invoking the Insurrection Act, which looks kind of like our "War Measures Act" which was invoked by PET during the FLQ crisis in Quebec.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-considering-a-move-to-invoke-insurrection-act/ar-BB14Tflu?li=AAggNb9

President Donald Trump is considering invoking a 213-year-old federal law that would allow him to deploy active-duty U.S. troops to respond to protests in cities across the country, according to four people familiar with the internal White House discussions.

Trump has warmed to the idea of using the Insurrection Act, a law first adopted in 1807, to deploy troops as his frustrations mount over continued protests in response to the death of George Floyd, a black Minneapolis man who was killed by a white police officer.

Some of the president's aides have been encouraging him for days to invoke the act, as he weighs options for exercising executive powers to address the crisis.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment for this story but at a briefing with reporters Monday, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany left open the possibility that the president could invoke the Act.

"The Insurrection Act, it's one of the tools available, whether the president decides to pursue that, that's his prerogative," McEnany said.

Governors can request the federal government send active duty troops to help in cases of civil unrest like the widespread protests plaguing U.S. cities. But, so far, no state governors have requested active duty troops to assist and instead have relied on local law enforcement and National Guard soldiers and airmen on state active duty.

Governors often prefer the National Guard forces in these cases because they can legally perform law enforcement duties in the U.S., whereas troops on active duty cannot or they violate the Posse Comitatus Act.

But, the president could invoke the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty troops without a request from a state. Those troops would be allowed to conduct law enforcement missions. To invoke the act, Trump would first have to issue a proclamation to "immediately order the insurgents to disperse and retire peaceably to their abodes within a limited time," according to the law.

In the past the Justice Department has drafted such proclamations. And according to the Congressional Research Service, the Act has been invoked many times throughout U.S. history although rarely since the 1960's Civil Rights Era. The Insurrection Act was last invoked in 1992, for instance, during the Los Angeles riots after the brutal police beating of Rodney King. In that instance, however, the move was requested by then-California Gov. Pete Wilson, not invoked solely by the president.

After criticizing state Governors for their "weakness" in responding to the George Floyd protests, it will be interesting to see if "Mr Man" Trump actually has the stones to do this.

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

I don't understand how many people are quick to dismiss something because it's "right wing" but consume anything "left-wing" journalist tells them.  Just because something doesn't fit your narrative doesn't make it any less factual.  

Personally I think you should challenge your own views, only way to grow.

How did you come to that conclusion? 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Protestors tackle antifa scumbag that is getting rocks to throw at the police.

Anti fascists my ass!

Of course it's some middle aged white dude, probably a college professor.

Just now, canuckster19 said:

Of course it's some middle aged white dude, probably a college professor.

They had 2 New York lawyers arrested for throwing Molotov cocktails at police.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

How did you come to that conclusion? 

Just from personal experience.  I know people that won't even listen to a conservative's, or capitalists' opinion.  Obviously my statement isn't true for moderates, but people who are on the fringes.  Same thing for people on the right wing fringes.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Is that big dude at the end, with the welding gloves hanging off his back, ANITFA?

Anyway, good for those folks.

I think he was part of the regular protest but he caught my eye how big he is.

• Hydration 1