bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I believe American officers have the duty to disobey unlawful commands.  Things will get very, very ugly for Bunker Boy if the military perform their duty and refuse to murder American civilians.

I can't confirm or deny that, but i wonder if military personnel would disobey or not....

...the actions of the Ohio National Guard at Kent State would suggest "no", but i suppose it's possible that some lessons have been learned in the past 50 years....

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You are correct

Military trucks seen arriving at White House after Trump tells governors to be tough on protests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/white-house-trump-protests-military-trucks-army-george-floyd-a9543546.html

He's finally getting that military parade he wanted.

I wonder if he has a CC feed from his bunker?

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure but that doesn't mean they aren't critically looking at what media they do consume. 

I can see their point when you look at what US-style capitalism has brought the world over the last 20 years. I don't agree with not talking, but i can see why some would dismiss someone who still aligns with e.g, how someone like McConnel or Trump acts in the US, or still thinks a very socially conservative Scheer was a good idea up here.

Sure that's a fair point.  You do see it both sides, I know I came off attacking liberals.  I think it's just frustrating to see since I do consider myself liberal.  I find that some people are quick to dismiss Fox News, whilst they only read CNN (and vice versa, I also realize CNN is more factual than Fox but both are heavily biased).  

What I'm trying to say is, a lot of people put their "side" up on pedestal, and call out the other sides faults.  But when one of their own make the same mistakes that someone from other side made they're quick to sweep it under the rug.  I think it's more important of keeping your side more accountable than trying to fix the other side.  Practise what your preach.  Sorry I went on a little bit of a ramble there.  Not everyone is like that either, but a lot of people are.

For the US capitalism, I think it needs a lot of fixing.  US capitalism should be called "cronyism".

Andrew Scheer was also overly conservative.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

caught my eye how big he is.

.....words that Melania will never utter.:ph34r:

Time for Urine man to show the world his two inch......errr.....by sending in the Army.  Guess he got some tips for the phone call with Putin.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder if he has a CC feed from his bunker?

Wouldn't it be nice if it had lead walls or something so he couldn't tweet from in there? would drive him batty. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Wouldn't it be nice if it had lead walls or something so he couldn't tweet from in there? would drive him batty. 

Pipe CNN 24/7 onto his TV.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I read "Eric Trump's autopsy" and got excited for a minute.

Hahaha we can only wish. 

If he really does attempt to turn the military on protesters (whether it's requested by a state or not) things are going to get even uglier and a lot of people attempting to protest peacefully could be hurt or killed. Right now there seem to be forces not related to the actual protesting (though I'm sure actual protesters are participating to an extent as well) at work and they're endangering those genuinely protesting racial inequality and the current system. 

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If he really does attempt to turn the military on protesters (whether it's requested by a state or not) things are going to get even uglier and a lot of people attempting to protest peacefully could be hurt or killed. Right now there seem to be forces not related to the actual protesting (though I'm sure actual protesters are participating to an extent as well) at work and they're endangering those genuinely protesting racial inequality and the current system. 

But China!  Bunch of hypocrites.  I can see that kind of garbage from a Communist regime.  

Next time these clowns from the GOP complain about Hong Kong.....they should clean up their act first.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1

George Floyd death: Liverpool players take knee in picture at Anfield

https://www.bbc.com/sport/52875059

Liverpool players took a knee around the centre circle at Anfield in a message of support following the death in police custody of African-American George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The world is watching...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

Bone spurs is breaking his own curfew.

He's going for a walk!

BBC is being hilarious...."what is Trump doing? does anyone have an idea?"

Edit: oh he is going to a 'special place'... Is that like a safe space? ...it's going to be a church that got burnt

Edited by bishopshodan

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Pipe CNN 24/7 onto his TV.

Even better....D Lemon on a permanent loop.....

....and remove the batteries from his remote. Guarantee he doesn't know how to shut the TV off without it.....

• Haha 2

They about to hit 5 star status.

060F6553-2EF9-456D-B1A4-A43E69A91F08.jpeg

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

George Floyd death: Liverpool players take knee in picture at Anfield

https://www.bbc.com/sport/52875059

Liverpool players took a knee around the centre circle at Anfield in a message of support following the death in police custody of African-American George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The world is watching...

It's amazing how these protests are spreading, there will be on taking place in Nanaimo on Friday. It's spreading internationally as things continue to escalate, the world really is watching and they're speaking up too. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

From my vantage point in Chicago there are four groups involved.
Legitimate protestors protesting killing of an unarmed man.

Antifa thugs and probably right wing groups causing havoc and destroying things in order to provoke bigger conflict.

Organized gangs of criminals going after banks, jewelry, high end stores etc. to make money

Morons caught up in the moment and looting while live-streaming it and taking selfies, kind of like 2011 riots in Vancouver 

Just now, Coconuts said:

It's amazing how these protests are spreading, there will be on taking place in Nanaimo on Friday. It's spreading internationally as things continue to escalate, the world really is watching and they're speaking up too. 

You on the rock?

I'm 30mins from Nanaimo but I won't be going. I still remember that there is a pandemic on the menu.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

From my vantage point in Chicago there are four groups involved.
Legitimate protestors protesting killing of an unarmed man.

Antifa thugs and probably right wing groups causing havoc and destroying things in order to provoke bigger conflict.

Organized gangs of criminals going after banks, jewelry, high end stores etc. to make money

Morons caught up in the moment and looting while live-streaming it and taking selfies, kind of like 2011 riots in Vancouver 

Doesn't sound far off, I think Covid isolation is a contributing factor too. I'd add racist groups to the mix as well, there's no way they're not out there trying to undermine the protestors. 

And anarchists looking to spark a larger conflict as you've said, though it's likely many of em don't identify as right or left. There will always be those who seek to escalate conflict for their own agendas. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1