bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

what a deceptive photo. im no photo expert, but the cop clearly isnt pointing at the man with the kid. look at where is eyes are, hes not even looking at the guy...

Good point. 

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/06/01/who-david-mcatee-louisville-barbecue-store-owner-killed-police/5308229002/

Such a thug that he fed police for free.  Complain about people damaging local businesses all you want, the US government just murdered a black man trying to run a legitimate business.

Lets not forget the protests in Louisville are also about Breonna Taylor who was killed by police during an "no knock raid".

• Hydration 2

I hope Trump comes up with a better plan to create peace in his country.  America needs a leader, not someone who's threatening to mobilize the military on his own citizens!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-national-address-race/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vows-to-mobilize-federal-resources-to-end-riots-i-will-fight-to-protect-you

8 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I hope Trump comes up with a better plan to create peace in his country.  America needs a leader, not someone who's threatening to mobilize the military on his own citizens!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-national-address-race/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vows-to-mobilize-federal-resources-to-end-riots-i-will-fight-to-protect-you

Last time he had a better plan, he left it swirling in the bowl.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Last time he had a better plan

He does have a plan (whether you like it or not):

I wonder if those that voted for Trump out of spite still think that Clinton was a worse candidate?

3 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Sure that's a fair point.  You do see it both sides, I know I came off attacking liberals.  I think it's just frustrating to see since I do consider myself liberal.  I find that some people are quick to dismiss Fox News, whilst they only read CNN (and vice versa, I also realize CNN is more factual than Fox but both are heavily biased).  

What I'm trying to say is, a lot of people put their "side" up on pedestal, and call out the other sides faults.  But when one of their own make the same mistakes that someone from other side made they're quick to sweep it under the rug.  I think it's more important of keeping your side more accountable than trying to fix the other side.  Practise what your preach.  Sorry I went on a little bit of a ramble there.  Not everyone is like that either, but a lot of people are.

For the US capitalism, I think it needs a lot of fixing.  US capitalism should be called "cronyism".

Andrew Scheer was also overly conservative.

I like what you're saying about accountability, particularly if you're going to be always coming at things from a narrower pov. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I wonder if those that voted for Trump out of spite still think that Clinton was a worse candidate?

I don't think thats going to happen again this time. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don’t know, it is America.

• Hydration 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

It was asinine even back then, I really hope everyone wakes the &^@# up!

20 hours ago, DonLever said:

They have plenty of options.    You seem to think the black community is monolithic and everyone is oppressed, which is not true at all.   There are of a lot of black people who have become highly successful despite being discriminated against.  There are lot of successful black businessmen, doctors, scientists, teachers, and politicians who have made it. They did not play the victim card like these protestors are doing.   Instead of using their energy to riot, use their energy to improve themselves.

so you're saying the exception proves the rule? except that you can ask many of those "successful" black people if they've ever been pulled over for something as dumb as the cop thinking they couldn't afford the car they were driving because of the colour of their skin.

Also it shouldn't matter what your job is (or even if you have one) what should matter is that police in many cases act very aggressively towards people who are black for no reason other than the colour of their skin. These protests are about seeking justice for those killed and a change in policing overall. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/us/racial-disparity-traffic-stops-driving-black.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/driving-while-black-in-canada/article38107157/

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

People are going to do it again. That Kyle Kulinski guy's videos I share on here often - he's on that boat. I like him and think he's usually 100% on the mark, but he and much of his following assert they simply won't vote because Biden is just an establishment corporate hack in Dem colours. So that means they'll go right back to bitching about Trump. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

People are going to do it again. That Kyle Kulinski guy's videos I share on here often - he's on that boat. I like him and think he's usually 100% on the mark, but he and much of his following assert they simply won't vote because Biden is just an establishment corporate hack in Dem colours. So that means they'll go right back to bitching about Trump. 

You can’t force people to vote so he will do what he wants.

But people like that are responsible for everything that Trump did or will do.

Folks like that are worse than those that actually support Trump.

Americans would have died from covid 19, but I guarantee you if Obama, Clinton even Romney were in the office, less people would have been dead. Its called, you got blood on your hands.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, otherwise said:

so you're saying the exception proves the rule? except that you can ask many of those "successful" black people if they've ever been pulled over for something as dumb as the cop thinking they couldn't afford the car they were driving because of the colour of their skin.

Also it shouldn't matter what your job is (or even if you have one) what should matter is that police in many cases act very aggressively towards people who are black for no reason other than the colour of their skin. These protests are about seeking justice for those killed and a change in policing overall. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/us/racial-disparity-traffic-stops-driving-black.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/driving-while-black-in-canada/article38107157/

Racism ended once Obama became President. Those poor black folks in America just lack any initiative and have failed to apply themselves otherwise they too would be President. A black man has already proven it can be done.

Edited by Toews

On 5/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, Grapefruits said:

Well one of those groups of people weren't burning down buildings, looting, and 

The dear leader holding up “a bible” before going to battle. Moral bankruptcy on full display. 

A1F892FF-6C41-40E7-92B8-811C03B1AD69.jpeg

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Amateur crook vs professional crook.:lol:

6 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

The dear leader holding up “a bible” before going to battle. Moral bankruptcy on full display. 

A1F892FF-6C41-40E7-92B8-811C03B1AD69.jpeg

Holding it upside down & backwards! :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1