bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

Now armed citizens In Cicero are banding together, guarding their businesses and patrolling streets to stop looters.

20 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I trolled a bunch of people in the Facebook group just now about this.

I posted along the lines of you guys don't get to complain about the riots. You started a literal civil war over race and got your asses kicked by a bunch of "libtards."

Man, oh man, were they ever pissed. 

A recurring theme to everyone (myself included) who have been speaking out against racism have lost a lot of followers :lol: 

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Racism ended once Obama became President. Those poor black folks in America just lack any initiative and have failed to apply themselves otherwise they too would be President. A black man has already proven it can be done.

IMHO, and others, it didn't.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/14/barack-obama-us-racism-police-brutality-failed-victims

It's been going on for ages and quite frankly, it sucks.  

I thought this was a pretty good article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/opinion/george-floyd-protest-police.html

"More than half a century later, justice is still being postponed. Racial inequality remains rampant in wealth, housing, employment, education — and enforcement of the law. This is not news, but it is the responsibility of all those in power to recognize and fix it. As President Lyndon Johnson’s Kerner Commission found after studying the inequality at the root of the 1960s riots: “White institutions created it, white institutions maintain it and white society condones it.”

That's in reference to Martin Luther King's quote “In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard,” Dr. King said. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

i dont know if im more pissed at the cops, or the reporter for confusing the f out of them. 

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Racism ended once Obama became President. Those poor black folks in America just lack any initiative and have failed to apply themselves otherwise they too would be President. A black man has already proven it can be done.

What in the hell? That's like saying Grant Fuhr's success wiped away all of the racial bias that exists in the NHL. 

North America is at the tipping point with racial injustice towards the black community and you're sitting there pointing the finger at poor black people? 

You should look up survivorship bias, it's clouding your judgement. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like America is headed for another civil war with a hint of covid.

4 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Looks like America is headed for another civil war with a hint of covid.

I’d sit back and watch. I think all the people of colour + the good whites could easily wipe out the trump hillbillies and maga frat do*chebags. 

Might not be such a bad idea to just wipe them all out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I’d sit back and watch. I think all the people of colour + the good whites could easily wipe out the trump hillbillies and maga frat do*chebags. 

Might not be such a bad idea to just wipe them all out. 

Except Republicans are generally more pro-2nd than those more likely to vote Democrats.  

If there is another civil war... it'll be the Democrats losing again. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Holding it upside down & backwards! :lol:

Because he's the anti-Christ. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Look out everyone, lol. It's vanilla isis.

5539fdb.jpg

"Gravy Seals"....that's the best one yet.....:lol:

They could make a movie.....Zero Dork Thirty......

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know how you can call yourself a "christian" and support his guy. Separation of church and state now means tear gassing a peaceful demonstration to clear a space for a photo op. Evangelicals in the US care more about having 'their guy' in the white house than what they profess to believe. 

Trump is in profound political trouble on numerous levels, and he knows that unless he can activate his base he will be thrashed at the election. That base includes the 81 per cent of white evangelicals who voted for him last time round, and many other Americans who have a sense—sometimes vague, sometimes deeply ideological—that their nation is a Godly light on the hill, a geopolitical product of faith and patriotism.

It’s absurdly ironic that a country so eager to boast the separation of church and state is in fact so riddled with its inter mingling. Trump was determined to evince strength against protest and to link this to devotion to Jesus. As risible as it all may seem, it may well have succeeded with many of his followers.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/donald-trump-a-bible-and-blasphemy/

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1

13 hours ago, BoKnows said:

I hope Trump comes up with a better plan to create peace in his country.  America needs a leader, not someone who's threatening to mobilize the military on his own citizens!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-national-address-race/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vows-to-mobilize-federal-resources-to-end-riots-i-will-fight-to-protect-you

Doubt the military will actually get involved, Trump likes to talk tough (like sending troops to the border, 3M, building a wall, etc...) but let's see if he really does it.

Though, it would be interesting to see the military in Chicago.  I'd like to see the troops reactions when they enter Englewood or Garfield Park only to find out the residents have more fully automatic weapons than they do.

7 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Look out everyone, lol. It's vanilla isis.

5539fdb.jpg

Is that an emblem, or jelly donut filling?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1