bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think this article might be informative for those people who don't believe that "systemic racism" exists.....this predatory lending is a perfect example of just that.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I think this article might be informative for those people who don't believe that "systemic racism" exists.....this predatory lending is a perfect example of just that.

this documentary series from Netflix really covers the racial wealth gap in the US well:

• Hydration 2

58 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I do think fear is a the root of it all. E.g., Why block people from certain neighbourhoods? fear. Property ownership history in the US is also the history of black poverty in the US. 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@Smashian Kassian here's an example of what i'm talking about with real estate history in the US: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-17/how-housing-finance-enriched-whites-at-expense-of-black-borrowers

Ya that messed up. Not at all surprised something like this would happen throughout the 60's. Fear and a legitimate belief that blacks were somehow biologically less than whites. 

I guess where partisanship plays into this is when you ask what to do about these problems. When something like police brutality against blacks (which everyone should view as unjust) is somehow spun into this argument about disrespecting the flag & the military.

I realize it's a double edged sword in that you need opposing POVs to push back & forth on issues, but the extremism in that creates a barrier to productive change IMO. 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Beat me by seconds. It's good news, it's astonishing they weren't all charged to begin with.

Congrats on 20k. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

I'm wondering where are these people are going to get jobs at if nothing is going to open in the near future. I can tell you one thing is not many business' are going to have any capital to rebuild and start up especially after being shut down for the past 3 months. I doubt half of them even paid their insurance before they got ransacked and burnt to the ground.

A number of hockey players have been speaking out lately, and that's great. I particularly like the response of Ben Scrivens.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I'm wondering where are these people are going to get jobs at if nothing is going to open in the near future. I can tell you one thing is not many business' are going to have any capital to rebuild and start up especially after being shut down for the past 3 months. I doubt half of them even paid their insurance before they got ransacked and burnt to the ground.

Sometimes people don’t think that far ahead, at the moment it seemed like a good idea.

I was watching this older lady in her 80s wondering where she is going to get her prescription filled.

CVS and Walgreens on Southwest side of Chicago have been looted and destroyed as well as grocery store pharmacies.

People that did this live in the neighborhood for sure.

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

All 3 on top of Floyd should have been equally charged since the cause of death was compression to the neck AND the back. With Thao given the lesser sentence. Atleast all 4 will finally face their crimes

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/technology/twitter-removes-account-of-white-nationalist-group-posing-as-antifa-online/ar-BB14YnOE?li=AAggFp4

The question we all should be asking here is, if you've been going off on ANTIFA in this thread, were you suckered by white supremacist group, just as FF Jr. was?

No, this doesn't give them a free pass for the things they've been known to do in the past. They suck. they're a bunch of Identity politics,post modern, marxist, nihilist losers with zero common sense. They should go back to their university dorms and clean their rooms before thinking they have any qualification whatsoever ever to change world economics. These were the useless, murderous losers at the bottom of the pecking order when the Bolsheviks took power in the Soviet Union. The Bolsheviks would go into villages and convince them that the people who were succesful farmers were their oppressors and the reason why they were such losers. These people then kicked in doors, murdered and took over the farms and as a rusult, failed and 60,000,000 Ukrainians starved to death. These are facts about communism and to say,"what's wrong with Marxism" "those were just dictators" is being in denial about the facts. Show me an example where Marxism is good.

2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

No, this doesn't give them a free pass for the things they've been known to do in the past. They suck. they're a bunch of Identity politics,post modern, marxist, nihilist losers with zero common sense. They should go back to their university dorms and clean their rooms before thinking they have any qualification whatsoever ever to change world economics. These were the useless, murderous losers at the bottom of the pecking order when the Bolsheviks took power in the Soviet Union. The Bolsheviks would go into villages and convince them that the people who were succesful farmers were their oppressors and the reason why they were such losers. These people then kicked in doors, murdered and took over the farms and as a rusult, failed and 60,000,000 Ukrainians starved to death. These are facts about communism and to say,"what's wrong with Marxism" "those were just dictators" is being in denial about the facts. Show me an example where Marxism is good.

It appears these Antifa cells are well organized and even well financed. Downtown Portland and Seattle have a heavy presence. I think they are communist and won't stop until they start a civil war. 

Just now, Boudrias said:

It appears these Antifa cells are well organized and even well financed. Downtown Portland and Seattle have a heavy presence. I think they are communist and won't stop until they start a civil war. 

Now that regular people know who they are, they'll likely get their asses kicked '72 Canada/USSR summit series style.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Now that regular people know who they are, they'll likely get their asses kicked '72 Canada/USSR summit series style.

I thought ANTIFA had been around for ages?

I'm surprised regular people haven't heard yet.

They do get their asses kicked too. In Chalottesville they were there with their pink shields trying to go against militia types. I remember one of the 'good guys' on the militia side full on swinging with a girl. She was holding her own pretty good. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

I tend to agree on ANTIFA, I've seen too much violence from them to give any kind of benefit of the doubt. There seems to be an anti-humam element too it, and I'm not even totally sure what exactly a nazi/fascist is in 2020 tbh. Besides ppl who sport the nazi flag I guess.

The Marxists seem to always latch onto these things, even in Canada with the Wetsuweten protests. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Beat me by seconds. It's good news, it's astonishing they weren't all charged to begin with.

Congrats on 20k. 

Apparently, the AG was appointed after the first charges had already been laid. He said from the get-go that he expected more charges, but wanted to do a proper review of the case first.

Really unfortunate timing, as it's entirely possible that the delay led to more rioting and property damage, but i can't recall why the assignment was switched.

• Hydration 1