bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Charges laid on all the cops. That'll probably be it for the riots.

The people are on the streets now. They're not going back to some type of self-administered lockup anytime soon.

There is no plan and there’s still a pandemic and now thousands of people have been exposed to a virus through this demand for change.

The changes people are asking for in America, is incompatible with the end game of this administration; Authoritarian Regime.

“His people” are being boxed into the Radical Left/ Antifa, and very soon every Democrat and people of colour will fit under Domestic Terrorism

People have had it down there.

I knew there’d be some type of Civil War again in America, maybe even in my lifetime. I just never in my dreams, imagine it would be a Monster Truck mashup TV show wrestling style of MAGA vs ANTIFA involving the military on domestic soil.

This is just the beginning.

Edited by Me_

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree with Mattis of course, but one has to wonder why so many former members of Trump's staff only develop a spine after they're gone from the administration.

I would say because of duty to the Constitution itself.

The belief that it will hold up. But now, he’s burning page after page.

Well this sucks. Good job looters once again.. or maybe I just can't put myself in their shoes... let them keep running wild.

Probably old news by now though... 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html 

Retired St. Louis Police captain killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting

https://fundly.com/captain-david-dorn-memorial-fund 

We are raising money for the family of Captain David Dorn, who was killed in St Louis while defending his community. 77 year-old Dorn was reportedly murdered by a looter. All funds from this will go to his family.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I would say because of duty to the Constitution itself.

The belief that it will hold up. But now, he’s burning page after page.

I dunno....:unsure: I'd say they had a duty to the constitution to keep Trump from doing as much damage as he did.....but most of them just stood by and let it happen....

7 hours ago, Toews said:

I have never gotten the impression that @DonLever is a racist. There have been many on the left who have justified rioting by quoting MLK, talking about centuries of black oppression. I do think black people have a reason to be angry, I think protesters should channel their anger in more productive ways than lighting cop cars on fire but I can't put myself in their shoes.

But then you see a skinny white kid in a hoodie running around smashing car windows with a hammer and it's a reminder that there have always been people who will capitalize on such incidents to sow chaos. These are political opportunists and they exist on the left and the right. They care not one iota about George Floyd and I believe that was the focus of @DonLever's post rather than race. I will chalk it up to a poor choice of words. But I won't speak for him, he can defend himself.

Thanks for your support.   I was merely pointing out that some people, whether black or white,  was exploiting the George Floyd death for their own purposes.   I don't why that other guy was ranting about me being a racist when my point was that violence/looting was undermining the BLM movement.

Perhaps this by Governor Cuomo may explain it better:

Cuomo voices support for protesters, says some have 'hijacked' the moment to steal

"Can you have a legitimate protest movement hijacked? Yes you can," said Cuomo in his Monday press briefing. "There are people who will use this moment to steal. Is it a coincidence that they broke into a Rolex watch company?"

"To the extent that people are looting, they're actually undermining the message of the demonstration of the protest, and it's not helpful, and I'm hopeful that is going to end, violence it is not acceptable, looting is not acceptable," says Suffolk Executive Steve Bellone.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

image.png.f3320157467a2cd61e7e200be27c2927.png

Thought this was cool.  Plus, dogs.

I love dogs.

Unfortunately Black dogs have gotten discriminated against. Not by other dogs, obviously by humans. It's called black dog syndrome. Although , that is starting to change. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I doubt it, it's like pandora's box has been opened. Charging four cops isn't going to be enough to make everyone cease and desist, people are out in the streets protesting and despite the pushback it seems more and more people are standing up. 

Yes there are looters, anarchists, police both uniformed and probably undercover, and a bunch of other groups involved but that doesn't change the fact that thousands and thousands of people in the States and around the world are out protesting for change. 

Edited by Coconuts

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I love dogs.

Unfortunately Black dogs have gotten discriminated against. Not by other dogs, obviously by humans. It's called black dog syndrome. Although , that is starting to change. 

I thought you were joking.  Googled black dog syndrome, and was shocked to see you weren't.  Man, some people are messed up.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think Donnie may have finally gone too far

I would love to see a General with a spine march on the White House and place him under arrest.  Enough is enough.

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think Donnie may have finally gone too far

How dare you disrespect Saint Mattis himself 

E26B4548-9E40-4F5F-AE95-E7E39A9B202D.jpeg.b1ae92c86e1e53c11dea5eb7c07017d9.jpeg

Edited by Pickly
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

image.png.f3320157467a2cd61e7e200be27c2927.png

Thought this was cool.  Plus, dogs.

Labs making us all look terrible. Sons of b i tches

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Well this sucks. Good job looters once again.. or maybe I just can't put myself in their shoes... let them keep running wild.

Probably old news by now though... 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html 

Retired St. Louis Police captain killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting

https://fundly.com/captain-david-dorn-memorial-fund 

We are raising money for the family of Captain David Dorn, who was killed in St Louis while defending his community. 77 year-old Dorn was reportedly murdered by a looter. All funds from this will go to his family.

RIP to Captain Dorn. Sad he had to go out in such a way.

Stockwell Day exits CBC commentary role, corporate posts after comments about racism in Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stockwell-day-systemic-racism-canada-1.5597550