bishopshodan

USA burns. The George Floyd Thread

4 hours ago, Timbermen said:

I'm not right or left but the left has me concerned right now. It's supposed to be a Democracy, they obviously don't think they will win in the polls if they have to stage a government coup. 

CHAZ is not "the left" just as the KKK is not "the right". Most reasonable people think CHAZ is ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

CHAZ is not "the left" just as the KKK is not "the right". Most reasonable people think CHAZ is ridiculous.

Not at all. 

Support for the movement is at least split, if not positive. Media coverage also mostly positive. Except one network, the one creating fake images to scare people like you. 

Even the Gov. and Mayor lean towards support. 

The President tweeted: "Radical Left Governor @JayInslee and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before. Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped [sic] IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!" 

In response, Gov. Inslee tweeted: "A man who is totally incapable of governing should stay out of Washington state’s business. “Stoop” tweeting."

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan replied on Twitter with "Make us all safe. Go back to your bunker. #BlackLivesMatter"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Shapiro is a piece of human excrement. You aren't left or right? Lol. Dude you are the definition of an alt right fanboy

6 hours ago, stawns said:

who could ever take this buffoon seriously?  It would be impossible to have a face to face conversation with him because I'd do a spittake in his face everytime he opened his mouth and let loose that voice.

Well said.......

6 hours ago, gurn said:

do you actually think your name calling does anything to help your point?

Or does it only count when the insults are flying the other way???

• Hydration 2

4 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Colonialism? Creating their own security force? Rejecting the guy who wanted to his own autonomous zone within the autonomous zone? Security checkpoints, are they not for the free movement of people?

Here's a thought experiment, I think we can both agree that the people who did this are for indigenous rights, do you think these people would ever take back land and hand it over to the indigenous people of Washington State or wherever? No they wouldn't, what they are doing is just another form of their so called colonialism and sugar coating it with their own catchphrases and words of the day.

They are doing this because they are completely incapable of organizing themselves democratically, what happens if average Joe King County votes in a mayor or whatever they have there who would promise to go in and clean them out, what happens then? You think those people are going to roll over and accept democratic results? They haven't done it so far.

I wish them the best of luck because I'm actually interested in seeing where this goes, but I'm not going to pretend that how they achieved their goals isn't a complete hypocrisy of what they say they stand for, it is in my opinion a complete mockery, but if they can actually show that they can build a better society then I can look past that, my problem is I have zero confidence in their capabilities because again, in my opinion most of those people have the attention span of a gnat.

I think you're over thinking it just a bit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not saying I agree with everything he says but Shapiro does have a list of all the dumb stuff he's said in the past on his website. Doesn't hide and owns up to his mistakes.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/so-heres-giant-list-all-dumb-stuff-ive-ever-done-ben-shapiro

Not sure how you walk a comment like that back? Given some of the high profile alt right personalities that tout Shapiro, I'm not sure it matters to them anyway.

There's a paywall when I click the link. Can you post some of the dumb stuff? 

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Well said.......

Or does it only count when the insults are flying the other way???

It's been a bit of a theme around here for the past few days.

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Not sure how you walk a comment like that back? Given some of the high profile alt right personalities that tout Shapiro, I'm not sure it matters to them anyway.

Do you really believe that old comments and actions can't be walked backed? We've all said and done stupid stuff in the past.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

There's a paywall when I click the link. Can you post some of the dumb stuff? 

I am not subbed to the Daily wire. I remember him saying something like Jews that voted for Obama are Jewish in name only. I am sure some articles made on his list will state some.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ben-shapiro-compiles-list-of-all-the-dumb-stuff-he-has-said-in-the-past-to-combat-social-media-outrage/

I haven't been following the news lately, so I'm playing catchup here.

The majority of it seems to be peaceful from everything I've seen so far. As this guy says a bunch of people have joined in with their different agenda's. (The revolutionaries/communists, as usual, attaching themselves to the BLM movement).

This guy doesn't lay out an end goal but doesn't seem to be looking for a conflict/revolution. I've seen clips of other people saying they don't plan on giving up the police station at all.

Such a bizarre situation. Its a progressive city obviously. I'm sure its a mix of peaceful BLM protests, more malevolent revolutionaries, and people who just want to be apart of something.

Not sure I'm a fan of the mayor glorifying it with the 'summer of love' statement, just because there are people involved with extreme intentions. But we'll see where it goes. 

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Do you really believe that old comments and actions can't be walked backed? We've all said and done stupid stuff in the past.

That comment in particular? No. Did he even walk it back? 

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

That comment in particular? No. Did he even walk it back? 

How about this comment in regards to de-segregation policies in schools.

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

Didn't we all hate that racist dad in the movie remember the titans?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Second deadly shooting involving FN person and RCMP in the last seven days.

I have to say with so many in Canada concerned with BLM, how about start paying attention to indigenous population in Canada?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/indigenous-man-fatally-shot-by-rcmp-was-troubled-but-not-violent-says-chief/ar-BB15qUUC?li=AAggNb9

Some of us have been doing so for quite a while....myself and @Warhippy to name just a couple....

I don't remember if there was an actual thread dedicated to it, or if it was part of a different thread, but some of us argued quite a bit about the Colten Boushie case, with the usual gun loving, Trudeau hating cadre taking up the opposing position.

I have talked often and at length about the Residential School system and suggested people read about Chanie Wenjack,

I was also front and center in "debates" about the Dakota Access Pipeline protests and the smirking punk in the MAGA hat who disrespected the Native American Elder at the Lincoln Memorial.

That being said, I'm more than able to pay attention to more than one thing at a time.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I have to say with so many in Canada concerned with BLM, how about start paying attention to indigenous population in Canada?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/indigenous-man-fatally-shot-by-rcmp-was-troubled-but-not-violent-says-chief/ar-BB15qUUC?li=AAggNb9

Absolutely.

May not be in this thread. It is on the minds of us in Canada. We have no excuses. We do need to pay more attention. 

CBC - https://www.cbc.ca/

Global - https://globalnews.ca/canada/

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Some of us have been doing so for quite a while....myself and @Warhippy to name just a couple....

I don't remember if there was an actual thread dedicated to it, or if it was part of a different thread, but some of us argued quite a bit about the Colten Boushie case, with the usualgun loving, Trudeau hating cadre taking up the opposing position.

I have talked often and at length about the Residential School system and suggested people read about Chanie Wenjack,

I was also front and center in "debates" about the Dakota Access Pipeline protests and the smirking punk in the MAGA hat who disrespected the Native American Elder at the Lincoln Memorial.

That being said, I'm more than able to pay attention to more than one thing at a time.

What does Trudeau have to do with this?

I remember that, that punk pissed me off. Time to get off the necks off the Natives too.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

That's one thing about the BLM situation up here that's bothered me greatly. The leader of the BLM in Toronto made some comment about how she doesn't care about something being said but about how police are killing their people. It was about comments made in Canada about Canada. So I looked up police shootings in Canada.  It's mostly FN people being shot up here and very few people that BLM is representing. I am sure there are issues involving police and that demographic but it pales in comparison to what the First Nations people face up here. 

• Burr 1

28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't remember if there was an actual thread dedicated to it, or if it was part of a different thread, but some of us argued quite a bit about the Colten Boushie case, with the usualgun loving, Trudeau hating cadre taking up the opposing position.

I am not talking about paying attention to more than one thing here on CDC but actually doing something about it.

You and WH are personally involved into FN struggles in Canada so I am leaving you out.

How about rest of Canada?

Police shootings in U.S always get attention in Canada, FN deaths just don’t seem to be that popular.

Sure there are protestors but they most include smaller groups.

No huge organization with publicity and money, look how many Canadians have spoken about Floyd, Brown, Martin etc.

When was the last large rally in Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal protesting killing of the indigenous people.

What I have personally encountered over the last 20 years, is constant complaining about “privileges” that FN have in Canada.

I have to be honest, as a non Canadian and not native, sounds like huge load of $&!#.

33 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

What does Trudeau have to do with this?

I remember that, that punk pissed me off. Time to get off the necks off the Natives too.

It's just a description. The people who thought Boushie had it coming were the same people who criticize Trudeau all the time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I am not talking about paying attention to more than one thing here on CDC but actually doing something about it.

You and WH are personally involved into FN struggles in Canada so I am leaving you out.

How about rest of Canada?

Police shootings in U.S always get attention in Canada, FN deaths just don’t seem to be that popular.

Sure there are protestors but they most include smaller groups.

No huge organization with publicity and money, look how many Canadians have spoken about Floyd, Brown, Martin etc.

When was the last large rally in Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal protesting killing of the indigenous people.

What I have personally encountered over the last 20 years, is constant complaining about “privileges” that FN have in Canada.

I have to be honest, as a non Canadian and not native, sounds like huge load of $&!#.

It's a tired, racist old trope and the people saying it don't know WTF they're talking about.

They're the same as the clowns in your country who think white, middle class people are getting screwed because too much attention is being paid to the problems of the marginalized....

• Upvote 3