The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' first-round pick transfers to Devils if they make playoffs

Rate this topic

xereau

3 hours ago, naslundfan921 said:

With all the uncertainty and chaos surrounding the playoffs and its structure I think we stand a better chance of running deep than we would've had the season continued. Who knows? Maybe the pick ends up being the 31st pick :P 

Also I don’t think we’re going to have a roster this good that fits under the cap for awhile. Gotta take advantage of that. 

Make the Toffoli trade count too.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, The Colt 45s said:

Nothing burger... Canucks win their first Cup, and can't have fans in the building.  Now that would be great and suck.

Still take a Canucks Stanley Cup with no fans in the building any day all day every day. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So don't choke, simple right?

Was semi-joking with my buddies that the riots will be thier MinnyStrong rallying cry based on our luck(not to make light of what is going on there). 

19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

So don't choke, simple right?

Was semi-joking with my buddies that the riots will be thier MinnyStrong rallying cry based on our luck(not to make light of what is going on there). 

If fans were involved this year I would say you might be right.

However unless Minny is chosen to be a hub city (very doubtful now) I don’t think it will be a factor.

This two week isolation is for people without brains....test the players and staff for both covid and anti-bodies than they don't need to self isolate, unless they test positive.

Alberta is now testing everybody because it is time to get back to work

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

However unless Minny is chosen to be a hub city (very doubtful now) I don’t think it will be a factor.

I'd take the 1982 Canucks team, teleport them to our time and have them play on the streets.  That was one tough #@%@#%$13 team.:lol:  Though, any team with Gino on it, you wouldn't bet against either if you were in stuck in a dark alley.:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'd take the 1982 Canucks team, teleport them to our time and have them play on the streets.  That was one tough #@%@#%$13 team.:lol:  Though, any team with Gino on it, you wouldn't bet against either if you were in stuck in a dark alley.:P

The teleport idea is interesting, common NHL players are much better than players of 1982 with much better equipment too. My bet is on  the 2020 Canucks skating by the 1982 team, If it's 1982 Mustang or 2020 Mustang i know which one i want

Back to the teleport idea

Who would win a 7 game series The '72 Team Canada vs 2020 NHL Teams ?

Played with '72 equipment and rules and again with 2020 equipment and rules?

That i would like to see, just to see how it would play out

I would love the Canucks to make the playoffs and get lots of experience, but I will also be happy if we also retain the first round pick too.

If we land within the 8-15 range, there are some really good prospects that could help us too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That first round pick (potential lotto pick) would be a nice consolation prize but for me playoffs is more important this year.

We need to start getting our young guys playoff experience. Especially our Captain who’s just entering his prime at 25 and has only had 6 games experience.

Plus I’ve said it before this may be the best roster we can ice for awhile with the cap crunch coming. Gotta take advantage of that while also boosting the value of guys like Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, Pearson, Benn, and Ferland. A few of which were going to have no choice but to trade.

seems like a bit of a no-lose situation really, we get a lotto pick or we gain much needed playoff experience. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1