Sign in to follow this  
xereau

Canucks' first-round pick transfers to Devils if they make playoffs

Rate this topic

Any word/rumors on compliance buyouts? If we can get out of the Louie contract then I wont be nearly as disappointed with being bounced in the play-in round as then we would get a quality pick and be in an excellent position to be better next year because we can (probably) afford all of our UFA's and RFA's.  No buyout likely means cap-hell and going into next season with an equal or inferior team, and therefore risking a lottery pick being given to the Devils.  Under that scenario this season would seem to have a better chance on a long run then next year or the one after and I'll be :frantic:

Interesting play in format

So, my understanding is...….if we win, were are in ……….no pick! (Everybody understands that!)

If we loose, we can not have the 15th OA pick, as either Toronto or Columbus, both with a higher winning percentage than us, play each other, so either one will have the 15th pick?

So, that leaves us with picks, 1,2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14th OA pick. (IF we loose), 

So of the play in teams...……..

If we pick...………….

If one of the teams other than TML or Columbus looses...……….we get 13th OA pick at worst

If two of the teams other than TML or Columbus looses...……….we get 12th OA pick at worst

If three of the teams other than TML or Columbus looses...……..we get 11th OA pick at worst

And to get 11th OA, 4 teams with a higher winning percentage have to loose

So realistically, we will get 1, 2, 3, 12, 13, or 14...………………(yes, 8, 9, 10 and 11 could happen)

Pitts vs Mtl

Carolina vs NY Rangers

NY Islanders vs Florida

TML vs Columbus

Edmonton vs Chicago

Nash vs Arizona

Vancouver vs Minn

Calgary vs Winnipeg

I will do a poll on this...………(did not see one!)

Posted (edited)

Edited by mll
  • Sedinery 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

I thought it was top 10 protected if nj was to get a top 10 pick and we wanted to keep it we could 

It’s actually top 15 protected this season (if you factor in the condition that Vancouver keeps the pick if they miss the playoffs). If the pick slides to next season there is no protection on that pick. 

Edited by qwijibo

With the 31st overall pick, the New Jersey Devils, select....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 10:58 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I would love the Canucks to make the playoffs and get lots of experience, but I will also be happy if we also retain the first round pick too.

If we land within the 8-15 range, there are some really good prospects that could help us too. 

The lose would be if we ended up giving an unprotected lottery pick next year.

I have been following the Canucks long enough to know that would be the year our pick defies the odds and moves up to a top pick.