The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which teams win the play-ins? (poll/discussion)

Rate this topic

Which teams win the 2019-2020 Play-ins  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so is there any wild cards.....any upsets?

Take a stab at it!

I will put mine down...……...

Pitts...……………….in 3

Carolina...…………. in 3

Islanders...………… in 4

Columbus...………...in 5

Chicago...…………...in 4

Nash...……………….in 3

Vancouver...………...in 5

Winnipeg...…...……..in 5

Edited by janisahockeynut

I think the Pittsburgh-Montreal series has fascinating potential. Pittsburgh’s so deep overall they’ll probably just over power them but you never know when you’re facing Carey Price. 

I got

Pittsburgh (4)

NY Rangers (5)

Florida (4)

Columbus (5)

Edmonton (3)

Nashville (4)

Vancouver (4)

Winnipeg (5)

• Thanks 1

I got pens

Carolina will lose they are 0-4 against the rangers this year and panarin and zibenjad once he came back from injury were something else.

Toronto will beat Columbus imo, but this is a toss up. 

Edmonton, Mcdavid and Draisaitl will prove to be too much

nashville

The canucks obviously 

And winnipeg 

• Cheers 1

Pretty early considering it's still months away and we don't know all the details, but for now, here are my early predictions:

Penguins in 3

Hurricanes in 5

Islanders in 4

Blue Jackets in 5

Oilers in 3

Predators in 3

Canucks in 5

Jets in 5

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

I got pens

Carolina will lose they are 0-4 against the rangers this year and panarin and zibenjad once he came back from injury were something else.

Toronto will beat Columbus imo, but this is a toss up. 

Edmonton, Mcdavid and Draisaitl will prove to be too much

nashville

The canucks obviously 

And winnipeg 

Edmonton is playing Chicago just so you know

- I took the Habs over Pitts - Just something about Price and Weber although I can certainly see it going the other way (in a lopsided series)

- Florida & Rangers for the same reason - they have young guns that won't need that much time to get their legs going. The teams they're playing against usually follow a more structured system so I think it will take them a while to re-learn all the details in their systems, and that's time they don't have when they jump into a 5 game series right away.

- Toronto Columbus - complete toss up for me. CBJ will probably play Toronto the same way they played Tampa last year, but Toronto will also probably see that coming and may have some coaching adjustments to address it. Although Tampa was a MUCH better team last year than Toronto is this year. I'm giving the edge to CBJ but obviously anything can happen.

- Edmonton over Chicago - McDavid/Draisaitl. Nuff said.

- Arizona over Nashville - Arizona is younger and they have an x factor in Hall that can really take over a series (same logic as my Florida Rangers picks).

- Vancouver. Honestly it's a toss up and I'm just being a homer hoping Canucks will take it.

- Winnipeg over Calgary - Just a feeling. Plus Monahan and Gaudreau have always "struggled" in the playoffs and I don't see that changing against a big team in Winnipeg. Plus Winnipeg have Laine, Scheifele and a significant edge between the pipes imo.

4 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Yeah I am aware of that . Chicago doesn’t really have the horses to stop those two . 

I'm not sure sure, in a short series Toews can dominate too, if he has the assignment to deal with McPouty and Keith gets a dirty shot into Drai it could be game over for them. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Yeah I am aware of that . Chicago doesn’t really have the horses to stop those two . 

I don't know about that, T/K always seem to find that next gear and are able to rally their team behind them in the playoffs. The Oilers don't really have that, though they undeniably have the firepower up front.

I could see Chicago taking it hard to Edmonton and closing out a short series against them.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not sure sure, in a short series Toews can dominate too, if he has the assignment to deal with McPouty and Keith gets a dirty shot into Drai it could be game over for them. 

Valid points, Kane and Toews have the championship pedigree to squeeze out a win. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackofwind said:

I don't know about that, T/K always seem to find that next gear and are able to rally their team behind them in the playoffs. The Oilers don't really have that, though they undeniably have the firepower up front.

I could see Chicago taking it hard to Edmonton and closing out a short series against them.

Can't ever count out those two with all the experience they have, plus kane has only gotten better and better it seems. Will be a good series for sure.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Well, to be fair, the Hawks were 2-0 against Edmonton this year, outscoring them 7-4.  And in those two games,  McDavid had zero points and was a -4.  Also, Toews, Kane, and Keith are some pretty savvy playoff performers.  Plus I'm a Hawks fan.

So, with all that said, I still have the Oilers in 4.