Sign in to follow this  
luckylager

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Same. I need to find a way to jimmy sufficient lighting onto my balcony or I could try to make a mini greenhouse out there but it would probably stank up the whole building anyway.

Legal cannabis products are just too darn expensive still sadly, I'm using the grey market.

I can't wait until the oil and distillate extraction market is up and running fully, something like this a friend of mine works at will reduce prices once up and running to utilize all biomass waste generated from producers that can't be sold  https://www.nextleafsolutions.com/our-services/ 

Lastly... love the Moby Dick strain

image.png.4aa4fa8f5ae94becb68022cda646d3ff.png

Dont do a mini greenhouse. Excessive heat, humidity and dead air aren't a friend to cannabis.

I built all kinds of ventilation into my greenhouse. Each wall has a sliding glass door and removable pannels at the peak of my gables.

Cannabis needs lots airflow to prevent infestations, disease, heat shock, mold and bud rot.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Same. I need to find a way to jimmy sufficient lighting onto my balcony or I could try to make a mini greenhouse out there but it would probably stank up the whole building anyway.

Yeah that's the issue for me as well.  No way in hell the misses would let that fly.  

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Yeah that's the issue for me as well.  No way in hell the misses would let that fly.  

Get a grow box, or light box or whatever they're called.

A buddy lives in a condo and grows all year in his. It's about the size of a fridge.

Bruce Banner and Guerilla Glue have been my go to's lately...both really easy to grow indoors and very tasty strains.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

Bruce Banner and Guerilla Glue have been my go to's lately...both really easy to grow indoors and very tasty strains.

Big fan

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Here's what's in the greenhouse.

As already explained, first seed batch went to flower, so one of the Grapefruit Kush and the Purple Papaya look like crap RN, however I'm fairly certain theyll be just fine. 

Pic 1- Blue Dream

Pic 2- Re-Vegged and trained Grapefruit Kush

Pic 3 - Left- Grapefruit Kush (Second seeding) Right - Purple Papaya trained and finally back in veg... (that damn timer &^@#ed me hard this year)

20200603_152250.thumb.jpg.9ffa14fc5eaee56f2846de1814f35e56.jpg

20200603_152210.thumb.jpg.04fd3a43c28bb7e1e1b88e20ab2f2b15.jpg

20200603_152326.jpg

GK (left) will be going in its tote and in the hole behind it very soon. I'm still mad at the Purple Papaya (right) and may just leave it in that small pot.

Edited by luckylager
  • Hydration 1

36 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Get a grow box, or light box or whatever they're called.

A buddy lives in a condo and grows all year in his. It's about the size of a fridge.

How's the smell? 

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

How's the smell? 

He connected the exhaust fan ducting to the hood vent in his kitchen. There's a subtle smell in the condo, but it's not heavy, even in the last weeks of flower.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

He connected the exhaust fan ducting to the hood vent in his kitchen. There's a subtle smell in the condo, but it's not heavy, even in the last weeks of flower.

Right on.  Misses still probably wouldn't be a fan tho.  One day I'll snag a dirt patch...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Right on.  Misses still probably wouldn't be a fan tho.  One day I'll snag a dirt patch...

My wife put her foot down this year and won't let me grow more than 4 plants.

Apparently my garden was a talking point for the hockey moms after our season opening BBQ. I told her we shouldn't host anymore if they want to be lame and got the ol "think of the children" line

• Haha 4

is it too late to try and grow a plant outdoors? where in the okanagan can you get a plant that is already started in a pot?

19 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

is it too late to try and grow a plant outdoors? where in the okanagan can you get a plant that is already started in a pot

It's not too late to put em in the ground., but it's too late to start seeds.

I dont live in the okanagan, so I can't help you with that.

But try asking around at your local dispensaries, and if there's a "compassionate club" in your area definitely drop by there and ask for help.

I got some free seeds from some Canadian company and was going to plant it, never got around to it, think they ended up in the trash or lost in a box in the house somewhere. I think the plants look pretty cool some of them. 

The pot stigma's still huge in Japan. Feel like I'll get arrested just appreciating these robust, verdant jungle pics. Nice thread, L2..w/ you in spirit!

• Hydration 1

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

Mental note - don't ever give seeds to Russ.

It was that seed company that would hand them out and encourage people to go toss them around town to try and push the idea "pot plants aren't bad"  Whatever blend it was it was low in THC or something, whatever the drug that gets you high in the plant, that was really low in to the point that it wasn't supposed to get you high.  Was higher than the CBD stuff.

Thats what happens when you're busy renoing your house, things get pushed to the side outdoors especially if the wife doesn't get around to planting stuff (our veggie garden is meh lol)

• Huggy Bear 1

@luckylager

I recently reno'd my mums rental cabin.

In the shed I found jars full of seeds. My wife, not knowing what they were said I'll spread them around the property and see what flowers grow. I gave them a smell and told her not to.... realised we have thousands of Mary seeds.

Should I even bother planting them? I don't know how old or what strains they are. I have never grown before but want to. 

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

@luckylager

I recently reno'd my mums rental cabin.

In the shed I found jars full of seeds. My wife, not knowing what they were said I'll spread them around the property and see what flowers grow. I gave them a smell and told her not to.... realised we have thousands of Mary seeds.

Should I even bother planting them? I don't know how old or what strains they are. I have never grown before but want to. 

I've never started seeds this late into spring. The plants will be pretty small by the time they start their flower cycle, but it can't hurt I guess.

Seeds dont last forever though. Grab a handful and see if they germinate. In the meantime, ask around for clones. Probably too late but someone may have a few stragglers kicking around that didn't sell.

• Thanks 1