The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

Off topic but I wonder if marijuana will ever let be grown free in the wild?  

In the wild, the male plants pollinate the females which result in seeds which drop to the ground for the next cycle. But it's common practice for cash crops to cull male plants and rely on cloning. So most crops rely on humans. 

I'd like to see it grow free one day. As free as a cherry tree. 

1 hour ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Off topic but I wonder if marijuana will ever let be grown free in the wild?  

In the wild, the male plants pollinate the females which result in seeds which drop to the ground for the next cycle. But it's common practice for cash crops to cull male plants and rely on cloning. So most crops rely on humans. 

I'd like to see it grow free one day. As free as a cherry tree. 

It was growing free for thousands of years before we started cultivating it, and continues to grow in the wild all over the planet. 

Edited by luckylager

I have MS and have found Death Bubba the most effective with my MS symptoms (Nerve Pain, TN, Spasms, Insomnia and Fatigue).  Anything out there that is similar in Potency.  B) 

53 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have MS and have found Death Bubba the most effective with my MS symptoms (Nerve Pain, TN, Spasms, Insomnia and Fatigue).  Anything out there that is similar in Potency.  B) 

I grew a cbd strain last year that I shared with a friend with MS who doesn't like the getting high part.  She said it worked well for her symptoms

• Cheers 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, stawns said:

Summer crop strains

Bean Stalk (2nd season)

Moby Dick (2nd season)

Blue Dream (2nd season)

Hawaiian Purple Kush (1st season)

Critical + 2.0 (1st season)

Fire OG (1st season)

Last season I went with 65 gallon pots to see if I could grow the big trees, which I did (as evidenced by the bobcat pic in LL's pics above), but I had to finish them inside and the large pots created problems with space.  This season I am going with 15 gallon pots so if we have to finish them inside, it'll be far easier to get them into the room.

I really liked the Critical + 2.0 got a half pound on my first plant (indoors 12 weeks of veg, 10Gal soil, and 2 100w CREE COB LED light set up) it smokes well and makes killer edibles. I am not much of a smoker but love eating it.

I also did a Dinamed CBD+ (very low THC 1 or 2% but high CBD) (got just over a 1/2 lb)

next run i am doing XXX OG, Purple Panty Dropper (for the wife), Ghost Train Haze, and Blue Widow. 

Last batch  (my second try) I ran a DWC hydro setup and got the same end results with half the Veg time so I am hopeful I can continue to improve quality and yields as i learn.

I tried doing it outdoors last year too but the dogs kept getting into the garden and digging them up even with a fence in place... 

20190806_123624.jpg

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, surtur said:

I really liked the Critical + 2.0 got a half pound on my first plant (indoors 12 weeks of veg, 10Gal soil, and 2 100w CREE COB LED light set up) it smokes well and makes killer edibles. I am not much of a smoker but love eating it.

I also did a Dinamed CBD+ (very low THC 1 or 2% but high CBD) (got just over a 1/2 lb)

next run i am doing XXX OG, Purple Panty Dropper (for the wife), Ghost Train Haze, and Blue Widow. 

Last batch  (my second try) I ran a DWC hydro setup and got the same end results with half the Veg time so I am hopeful I can continue to improve quality and yields as i learn.

I tried doing it outdoors last year too but the dogs kept getting into the garden and digging them up even with a fence in place... 

20190806_123624.jpg

i did the dinamed cbd+ last summer and it was outstanding, about a lb and a half and that was probably half of what I would have got if I didn't have to move it inside in october where it limped across the finish line.  I love it.

I'm a huge fan of dinafem and picked up some blue widow, amnesia cbd and remochemo for my fall indoor crop.  Do you like the blue widow?  It says lower thc level, which is fine by me, but the plant itself looked beautiful.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

i did the dinamed cbd+ last summer and it was outstanding, about a lb and a half and that was probably half of what I would have got if I didn't have to move it inside in october where it limped across the finish line.  I love it.

I'm a huge fan of dinafem and picked up some blue widow, amnesia cbd and remochemo for my fall indoor crop.  Do you like the blue widow?  It says lower thc level, which is fine by me, but the plant itself looked beautiful.

I have not tried the Blue Widow yet it is going in my next grow.

I have only positive things to say about Dinafem so far.

Just now, surtur said:

I have not tried the Blue Widow yet it is going in my next grow.

I have only positive things to say about Dinafem so far.

me too, they'll be my go to seed bank now that weed seeds/i-49 has been busted.  

U4hxHZQjFvdphgJIvcJCJT5aseJDw_no0Hv0--kza36j7b-hhgwyC-gma8VZ1TqAruN7wnbdkzXN5e6t5wQYC_P_lasmEATJbjGUcTOnQmllNv9OpXuHBDEGHgjHgo6x__9Cg8Ra6a_Vyqxge_iTjjtBmEJrhFFfyesXQcKQgBeOa7khlDJNKq4FT2eMfu4dulu9y03ikGrday3wa6iORL-zVxl5y1DaKhV3y-bUcX10CAYDEnfBMzgiC2hI1Qfp9WUoCRsKCju4etS7XOvFCCYDhzdPTmTQoh5N-QwyY3dx4q_2a0gECM587dzWfWVLjoHeKe9BDyJra3hH1NBYfV4GDw98P9_O3jTqIqupta2hm_-oLTbcoUmYGgX1glfg-pi9VlSKxuAj0G0FDPiXco4LIvv_Xx1FYZGlAn8RguSw2zjiW7HQjFVKpXP6tAXR4vEU1-hr46snNs2d6c2W2NyWp__JvaNlG6PNPADH61AQNy0upBVL9Frv2LXq8VPX7RWsih65keQl8AWNZ2vpTT8y19E4l2bkd-CHnO3YEDCwsdzCw4jSoO_xoMYs5cete4MNbSceLuJyXkbxxSn5u7WrW6wPHCM9rF-P673lNbcMcpNzneLB96skiuZcTWqJXc4xSx_ws6dbkGrzWn1cFpoMk7kvAU6MmSFMjNGZ2uMxdFxLtJC-UP7Ci4tC7g=w469-h625-no?authuser=1

That was my cbd+ around he second week of august

XQfNggMRZpVy7Xn91u9UMinv_VBXWT3PeYW71zIHwu4YW5l03UXCK3ZwwH4QZ8L_eMYVu8kh8hS99GNA7JNSZvn48-lebypuqbR5XLadsQxO-BKQLWgDRtM7fLMl3QIPyk6K53d-Fe228zJkcHk_JweLNh2DUv_1DPNjx4Szr6RPQUJF_9_4WXFYtwV5xy0WbsxsQtjNIvdd5tKjett7BznEgUJMZVUsD7Z0tDAOgwWEYs9OPnEtJpELMIxlY3Aba-xfaXTUp1df6BL-gPrFqiuYkTcl_iFkf9hDKn397s5htxZOIPwPyZ7W0wAmzQihrK1oB4tcoovT8gKjrC4iTMXR_-lMiKEVK2cF0Zpo_RuIKkoBwi8jNs9nM3jY3yxQmAQnCDI0UKXw3mLsXikiXOi8yF7aPc5USf0eP1RqmY8JUkwdP10gG1CfR0WHVhvlFya-6K_P71TezL744NQj5XqTEJFaG2Iv2hGgwwOOlbTxKsm9wU6ZWYQl8exr1oHRlQjOrvxQdHDcpNDDtiCUrbpygiS7va7x67r_o-hDE635XVT2bHwKvsvXjWS5iQAdEmR6R0AykOyqZ1aMpPVdXdHMRrwqQO4_Hjz4FyKKKfRh9JmmTiQseOSNfwHXEJd97BwELsSNYQeFs3TBfZFjeq026q841BF7GHNNIVw_cXxavjXtkGRovoOD8JYAAA=w469-h625-no?authuser=1

about a week before I moved it inside

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I sure wish I got into this earlier. Great thread and awesome information. To be clear, I am the biggest amateur around. Using and growing. I recently started growing, mainly after a colleague of mine decided to do it and mentioned to me so I decided, what the hell, I want to give it a shot. More of a hobby and personal challenge. Beyond grass, I have never grown a thing in my life. I had no idea it would be so rewarding. To be clear, my plants are less than 2 weeks old. I have no idea what I am doing and just learning as I go. Little did I know there was so much to learn. Sent my daughter to get seeds for me as I had no idea what to get. She came back with 5 seeds of purple kush. Whatever that means. I have successfully germinated them and now have 5 plants about 1.5” high in solo cups. I can’t believe how fun/ rewarding it is to look after them. I move them outside daily and keep them under lights until about 11 each night. Now I am trying to decide what to do next. I have good yard and a great spot for plants outside that my wife always grew sunflowers and has allowed me to use. My intention was just to dump them there when they’re ready. Now I’m not so sure if I should do that or if I should just keep them in pots. Allowing me to bring them in in the fall. I know I am late to the game so thinking pots may be best. But I would still just rather just dig out a big hole and fill up with good soil. So much to learn but man I’m enjoying this. I just read as much as I can before each stage in the process. I still am clueless about the flowering and harvesting phases. But I’ll get there. Will definitely be following this thread. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, zapperman said:

I sure wish I got into this earlier. Great thread and awesome information. To be clear, I am the biggest amateur around. Using and growing. I recently started growing, mainly after a colleague of mine decided to do it and mentioned to me so I decided, what the hell, I want to give it a shot. More of a hobby and personal challenge. Beyond grass, I have never grown a thing in my life. I had no idea it would be so rewarding. To be clear, my plants are less than 2 weeks old. I have no idea what I am doing and just learning as I go. Little did I know there was so much to learn. Sent my daughter to get seeds for me as I had no idea what to get. She came back with 5 seeds of purple kush. Whatever that means. I have successfully germinated them and now have 5 plants about 1.5” high in solo cups. I can’t believe how fun/ rewarding it is to look after them. I move them outside daily and keep them under lights until about 11 each night. Now I am trying to decide what to do next.

2 hours ago, zapperman said:

I have good yard and a great spot for plants outside that my wife always grew sunflowers and has allowed me to use. My intention was just to dump them there when they’re ready. Now I’m not so sure if I should do that or if I should just keep them in pots. Allowing me to bring them in in the fall. I know I am late to the game so thinking pots may be best. But I would still just rather just dig out a big hole and fill up with good soil. So much to learn but man I’m enjoying this. I just read as much as I can before each stage in the process. I still am clueless about the flowering and harvesting phases. But I’ll get there. Will definitely be following this thread. 

If sunflowers did well in the garden, the kush will too.

Leave them in solo cups until they've produced their 2nd full set. (5 pointed leaf)

At that point you'll be fine to plant or pot them.

If you plan on moving 5 purple kush indoors in the fall, I hope you have a ton of extra space. Even though they're tiny know, they should still be pretty big by september. And they'll stink the entire house out.

I had decent luck with purple Kush a while back, but like all Kush strains they hate the rain and will turn to $&!# on you if you dont have cover/greenhouse/indoor by the time September rolls around.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

me too, they'll be my go to seed bank now that weed seeds/i-49 has been busted.  

I've ordered from Vancouver Seed Bank for the last few years. They're reliable, have a great selection of new strains and a lot of west coast classics too.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

If sunflowers did well in the garden, the kush will too.

Leave them in solo cups until they've produced their 2nd full set. (5 pointed leaf)

At that point you'll be fine to plant or pot them.

If you plan on moving 5 purple kush indoors in the fall, I hope you have a ton of extra space. Even though they're tiny know, they should still be pretty big by september. And they'll stink the entire house out.

I had decent luck with purple Kush a while back, but like all Kush strains they hate the rain and will turn to $&!# on you if you dont have cover/greenhouse/indoor by the time September rolls around.

Thanks for the tips, Lucky. Outside they will stay then. :-). And yeah, the sunflowers would routinely grow to 12-14 feet. Good to know that it should be a good spot. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, zapperman said:

Thanks for the tips, Lucky. Outside they will stay then. :-). And yeah, the sunflowers would routinely grow to 12-14 feet. Good to know that it should be a good spot. 

No probs, Zap. Are you on the coast?

8 minutes ago, zapperman said:

Yes, out in the valley. 

Considering how late you started your seeds and the natural flower cycle of most kush varieties, you should probably think about a hoop house or makeshift shelter for them by September.

Even if you have the space to move them indoors, they still need lots of light and very good airflow or they'll just turn to a moldy, rotten mess.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Considering how late you started your seeds and the natural flower cycle of most kush varieties, you should probably think about a hoop house or makeshift shelter for them by September.

Even if you have the space to move them indoors, they still need lots of light and very good airflow or they'll just turn to a moldy, rotten mess.

Yeah you got me thinking about that when you mentioned they hate the rain. Damn. Wish my daughter had picked me up something easy and low maintenance for my first time. :/). Oh well, it will be a great learning experience and I’m having fun. Especially in the absence of the Canucks right now...

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, zapperman said:

Yeah you got me thinking about that when you mentioned they hate the rain. Damn. Wish my daughter had picked me up something easy and low maintenance for my first time. :/). Oh well, it will be a great learning experience and I’m having fun. Especially in the absence of the Canucks right now...

That's the spirit! Still though, when the buds start getting fat, do your best to keep em dry; even a white tarp over the garden helps a lot.

For next year - I'd definitely recommend Apricot Kush or Blue Papaya Kush for the beginner, or any outdoor grower. They both finish early, have heavy yields, potent enough and are easy going plants. 

8 hours ago, luckylager said:

This is so right.    
when I moved back to the coast years ago I had 4 apricot kush going on my deck.    

They were glorious.  6-7’ tall.  They had pounds on them.     
I got greedy and waited too long.   I just wanted 1 more week to really finish them.  One day of rain at that point was all it took.   
They moulded away before I could bring them in.     I was heartbroken 

• Cheers 1