The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Journalist Gloats Over Jordan Peterson's Troubles

Timbermen

I was being somewhat facetious.

I think there is a certain chain,

Power gets you money, money gets you sex, how do you get those things?

You can get sex on looks alone, if you are intelligent, you can get money which can get you sex as it makes you an attractive mate, if you have looks and intelligence, well, congrats on winning the life lottery cause that will likely get you power, and power gets sex and money.

But my first sentence, you can get sex on looks alone, and it doesn't always have to be about the face, height alone matters more to a large portion of women than anything else.

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, again, my main issue with PJ's ideas aren't the enforced monogamy bit. It's the idea that if women would just settle, society would stabilize and we wouldn't have incels murdering women out of frustration. 

From watching that video, Patersson seems to view women as a resource that he fears will be hoarded by the upper echelon of men in society. I'm glad Rogan pushed back against what Peters was saying because to be perfectly honest, he comes across like a man who didn't have much success with dating when he was younger and came to resent the men who did and, by extension, women as well. 

IMO, you're projecting.

He's simply looking at patterns of sexual selection data, psychology, Pareto distribution etc IMO.

Edited by aGENT

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, again, my main issue with PJ's ideas aren't the enforced monogamy bit. It's the idea that if women would just settle, society would stabilize and we wouldn't have incels murdering women out of frustration. 

From watching that video, Patersson seems to view women as a resource that he fears will be hoarded by the upper echelon on men in society. I'm glad Rogan pushed back against what Peters was saying because to be perfectly honest, he comes across like a man who didn't have much success with dating when he was younger and came to resent the men who did and, by extension, women as well. 

That's a fair criticism.  The enforced monogamy critique seems a little dated too.  With tons of dating apps around like Tinder, and Bumble, it's very easy to find someone who would be willing to sleep with you.  After awhile, most people grow out of their meaningless sex phase (if they ever had that phase), and look for something deeper.  With my generation monogamy is being delayed it seems for hookups.  

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Are they the majority? Do they have other things (besides looks/power/money) to offer? Are they mentally/emotionally stable/positive? Are the women they're in relationships with also, in your words, 'CHUDS' with limited sexual opportunity themselves? 

Have you never had a friend like @BoKnows's? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't traditionally attractive, nor rich or powerful, but because they have charm and a good personality, have attractive partners who genuinely like them for them. 

It's also CHUDs. 

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps actually form and communicate one rather than the dancing around you appear to be doing now ;)

What exactly am I dancing around?

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And if not, perhaps explain what's so offensive about the premise that monogamy is heavily encouraged ('enforced') by societal norms so that the hierarchy of attractive/powerful/wealthy men that women would over-tend to select (leading to polygamy polyamory) doesn't become too top heavy and unstable with the benefits to not only children/family but that a broader base of men have prospects and hence are less likely to be disillusioned, hopeless and violent.

I'll add that it likely also increases the genetic pool and better protects our species from threats.

Already explain that:

From watching that video, Patersson seems to view women as a resource that he fears will be hoarded by the upper echelon of men in society. I'm glad Rogan pushed back against what Peters was saying because to be perfectly honest, he comes across like a man who didn't have much success with dating when he was younger and came to resent the men who did and, by extension, women as well. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I was being somewhat facetious.

I think there is a certain chain,

Power gets you money, money gets you sex, how do you get those things?

You can get sex on looks alone, if you are intelligent, you can get money which can get you sex as it makes you an attractive mate, if you have looks and intelligence, well, congrats on winning the life lottery cause that will likely get you power, and power gets sex and money.

But my first sentence, you can get sex on looks alone, and it doesn't always have to be about the face, height alone matters more to a large portion of women than anything else.

Do you genuinely believe the only roads to sex are money, power and looks?

Have you never had a friend like @BoKnows's? There are plenty of guys out there who aren't traditionally attractive, nor rich or powerful, but because they have charm and a good personality, have attractive partners who genuinely like them for them. 

It's also CHUDs. 

What exactly am I dancing around?

Already explain that:

They wouldn't be who we're discussing then, would they?

Stop asking other people what they think your issue is and actually express it.

I believe you've whiffed on his premise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

That's a fair criticism.  The enforced monogamy critique seems a little dated too.  With tons of dating apps around like Tinder, and Bumble, it's very easy to find someone who would be willing to sleep with you.  After awhile, most people grow out of their meaningless sex phase (if they ever had that phase), and look for something deeper.  With my generation monogamy is being delayed it seems for hookups.  

Preston's fears also seem to hinge on the idea that only men would desire to have multiple partners. The fact that women could want the same for themselves doesn't seem like it's crossed his mind. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Enforced monogamy by society to help fix the problem of Incels?

Sounds like we are going back in time to me. 

What if we encouraged women to enjoy sex more as a society?

It's still 'Stud' if you are a man, 'Slut' if you are a women.

Never heard Stud before.  We use the term "manwhore" now.

Hookup culture is huge right now, women are able to open about sex without fear of being shamed for it.

I think the way to fix the problems with inches, is to inform inches that it's their fault they're not getting anything.  I believe that was the premise of his argument.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

They wouldn't be who we're discussing then, would they?

Stop asking other people what they think your issue is and actually express it.

I believe you've whiffed on his premise.

I've expressed my issues with Penston's ideas to you multiple times. You're either not understanding what I'm saying, choosing to ignore it, or don't have a rebuttal for them.

• Wat 1

Preston's fears also seem to hinge on the idea that only men would desire to have multiple partners. The fact that women could want the same for themselves doesn't seem like it's crossed his mind. 

Yup, and if you look around today I'd argue girls have more sex, with more partners than a lot of guys my age now.  As a 20 yearly guy, I see nothing wrong with that either.  If I'm going to sleep with multiple girls, why can't girls do the same?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Never heard Stud before.  We use the term "manwhore" now.

Hookup culture is huge right now, women are able to open about sex without fear of being shamed for it.

I think the way to fix the problems with inches, is to inform inches that it's their fault they're not getting anything.  I believe that was the premise of his argument.

Manwhore is still a badge of pride IMO. Whore is not.

Yes, we are moving into the future with people casually hooking up. It was getting like that until the 80's when AIDS hit. Maybe we're back on track.

Equality in regards to sexual promiscuity may be getting better but it is not equal yet....In societies eyes.

Which brings me to a question.Do you have a guess on what the average age of JP followers are? 

I agree that the incels have nobody to blame but themselves. They are a lame batch to say the least. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Yup, and if you look around today I'd argue girls have more sex, with more partners than a lot of guys my age now.  As a 20 yearly guy, I see nothing wrong with that either.  If I'm going to sleep with multiple girls, why can't girls do the same?

If you boil away all the BS, there's no reason why girls can't do the same. However, we're still part of a society that lauds men who are able to attract partners with ease but condemns women for doing the same. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Manwhore is still a badge of pride IMO. Whore is not.

Yes, we are moving into the future with people casually hooking up. It was getting like that until the 80's when AIDS hit. Maybe we're back on track.

Equality in regards to sexual promiscuity may be getting better but it is not equal yet....In societies eyes.

Which brings me to a question.Do you have a guess on what the average age of JP followers are? 

I agree that the incels have nobody to blame but themselves. They are a lame batch to say the least. 

A lot JP's followers are young men.  I actually think the large majority of them are.

• Thanks 1

If you boil away all the BS, there's no reason why girls can't do the same. However, we're still part of a society that lauds men who are able to attract partners with ease but condemns women for doing the same. 

I haven't really seen anyone shamed for the amount of sex they have.  It could just be where I'm from, and who I hang around with.

30 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Do you genuinely believe the only roads to sex are money, power and looks?

An extremely simple way of putting it yes, this is exactly how many women choose their partners, why do you think old doofuses like Donald Trump can land younger women? 

He doesn't strike me as prince charming.

Awkward moment Melania Trump's smile turns into a sad frown the ...

Edited by canuckster19

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah I don't get that, why do we applaud men for being man hos?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

An extremely simple way of putting it yes, this is exactly how many women choose their partners, why do you think old doofuses like Donald Trump can land younger women? 

His awesome personality?

In all seriousness though, while some women do exclusively date rich, powerful and attractive men (regardless of those men's deficiencies); that's obviously not the case for all women; otherwise we would indeed live in the world Percivall fears where elite men would sleep on piles of attractive women like Smaug's hoard and the regular Joe's would be SOL.