The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Journalist Gloats Over Jordan Peterson's Troubles

Timbermen

On 7/14/2020 at 11:25 PM, Master Mind said:

Found this update:

They go over what's happened during the past year. Benzodiazepines and Akathisia being quite prominent, in addition to his wife's cancer of course, which fortunately turned out to not be terminal.

Glad they are getting better, sounded absolutely dreadful. Mikhaila is a great person, hoping the best for them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Man its been a tough year for him. Not easy stuff to overcome. Hopefully he recovers. 

I saw a bunch of people on twitter celebrating JP getting COVID. That website never fails...

Some people on youtube seem to be reveling in the news too.

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

and some people seem to be reveling in the fact that others are enjoying JP's misery; strange world isn't it?

Definitely a strange world.

Although nothing strange about the way people are reacting to this latest news. Exact same thing happens whenever anything bad happens to a public figure that people don’t agree with or is somehow seen as controversial. The politics really don’t matter.

You might even say there are good and bad people on “both sides.”

I mean, I do get it. I know people who hate JBP to the point of wishing him ill, even death. And they definitely have their reasons.

I also know some people who love the guy. And, I suppose, they have their reasons, also.

Personally, I’m not a fan. I think the guy is a troll and a charlatan. 

But I don’t wish him any harm. I do hope that many of his ideas eventually wither away and die, but I also wish for JBP, the human being, to recover from his illnesses and live a long, happy, and healthy life.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

and some people seem to be reveling in the fact that others are enjoying JP's misery; strange world isn't it?

I don't know if your talking about me (I assume possibly, b/c I posted that) but I'm not reveling in it at all.

Some of these people I read on Twitter come across as cult-ish in their beliefs and they want power. (or atleast their ideas to take power). I don't revel in that at all, if anything I regard it as troubling. 

I've followed people (some still do) that I completely disagree with on Twitter, & people that post things I disagree with all the time (often vehemently). I wouldn't wish them to die of this virus or die period, that's deplorable. I'd rather have a legitimate conversation with them if anything.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Some people on youtube seem to be reveling in the news too.

I thought that was the theme of this thread? People gloating over his troubles.

I don't know enough about him to form an opinion but people that like him sure do get defensive. If anything and sadly, famous people getting covid at least brings emphasises to the serious reality of the virus. 

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't know enough about him to form an opinion but people that like him sure do get defensive. If anything and sadly, famous people getting covid at least brings emphasises to the serious reality of the virus. 

I guess we've come full circle :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely a strange world.

Although nothing strange about the way people are reacting to this latest news. Exact same thing happens whenever anything bad happens to a public figure that people don’t agree with or is somehow seen as controversial. The politics really don’t matter.

You might even say there are good and bad people on “both sides.”

I mean, I do get it. I know people who hate JBP to the point of wishing him ill, even death. And they definitely have their reasons.

I also know some people who love the guy. And, I suppose, they have their reasons, also.

Personally, I’m not a fan. I think the guy is a troll and a charlatan. 

But I don’t wish him any harm. I do hope that many of his ideas eventually wither away and die, but I also wish for JBP, the human being, to recover from his illnesses and live a long, happy, and healthy life.

Thanks for the update, hopefully he'll be ok.

How is a troll and a charlatan, though? He's not some charlatan Guru, cult leader forcing people to pay him. He had the best selling book on amazon for ages. He makes huge coin on his youtube chanel because people want to hear what he has to say. What has any of these journalist hacks done, they just regurgitate the same, lame, dishonest, lazy talking points. They write books like 'white fragilty', complete $&!#.

The far left doesn't like JBP because they can't handle reality at the moment. They can't handle any sort of criticism because they are incapable of debating their beleifs because most of it is dishonest tripe.  

Again, how is JBP a troll and charlatan?  Seems like the ones on twitter and youtube are the trolls and charlatans. 

Edited by Timbermen

On 8/7/2020 at 5:12 PM, bishopshodan said:

That was just the title for the first video. This thread is open for posts of anything relating to the 'Dark Intellectual Web'.

The Dark Intellectual Web is made up of public personalities that oppose the dominance of identity politics and political correctness in academia and the media.

Here's a good one of Sam Harris debating some 'woke' author. Harris was wrong in his debate over religion with Jordan Peterson though, clearly lost that one but that's what's great about these debates. Harris is left, Peterson is a centrist that leans a little right and they can disagree on some things and still have mutual respect.

Harris does a good job dismantling this 'woke' author though.

This video is an example of twitter vs reality. On social media Jordan would be mobbed for being a bigot/sexist/racist but in reality, he's none of these things, not even close.

In this video from 2019, He is given a standing ovation by a diverse crowd, i think Patrick said it was made up of 54% Latino, then the next largest was African-American and it was a love fest in there. Also Patrick Bet-David is from Iran that became a successful entrepreneur in America.

If you call JBP a bigot, it only reveals your own lack of understanding and puts you in the group of the twitter mob. The mindless people that can't read or sit through any ideas over 10 minutes. Too busy spreading BS to actually do any research.

26 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Jordan Peterson's name keeps popping up and I feel like I need to start getting to know this guys views because of it (I dont know jack-ola about him).  That being said, from what Ive heard I dont think Im that motivated either but @Timbermen seems to be a big fan.

If you actually listen to what he says and not what those SJW's say about him, you'll see how disgustingly dishonest they really are. Either that or they are completely ignorant, 

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

If you actually listen to what he says and not what those SJW's say about him, you'll see how disgustingly dishonest they really are. Either that or they are completely ignorant, 

Took a quick look at his views.   Looks like a topic id rather not get involved in

8 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Took a quick look at his views.   Looks like a topic id rather not get involved in

There's nothing obvious about him, the only way to not misconstrue his words is to get them right from the horses mouth. If you go on a quick google search you'll likely get hit pieces from misinformed journalists like the one in the first post of this thread. She did not read his books or listen to any of his pod casts but was going on what others had said, they don't know what they're talking about either. That would be a good one to start with but it isn't everyones cup of tea, If you do feel like it some time though, that first video speaks volumes as well as the Joe Rogan podcasts. Also someone else in this thread did a 'quick google search' and concluded his millions of followers on youtube and twitter are a religious cult. He does lectures on religious myths as well as a wide variety of other subjects.

He only became hated when he opposed bill c-16 so he was labeled a transphobic, he was also labeled a racist by some because he said white privileged isn't what they say it is. Pretty ignorant but doesn't surprise me in this day and age. If these people were going after someone on the left, they would have been banned from every social media format from FB to twitter. 

Don't bother with the interview with the Vice idiots, it was a 2 hour interview where they baited him into being angry, then cut it into a 15 minute interview. they chopped it up in such a way that he contradicted himself, he just doesn't do that. This is a tactic of the daily show, they invite conservative guests and chop the clips to make them look stupid. That show is a dumpster fire. (i don't mind Trevor Know-it-all but can't stand Menage A Trios, he's one of the phoney interviewer dummy's.)    

The reason why these tactics are used in identity politics is because all they are concerned with is power, so lying through their teeth is an accepted tactic. Then you have people that don't realize the dishonesties and form harsh, vitriolic opinions based on straight up lies. 

Thank you for not taking the vitriolic road and gracefully bowing out. just isn't everyones cup-o-tea.