The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas named NHL hub city when play resumes

Rate this topic

I have zero interest in spending a beautiful summer evening indoors watching hockey on my TV.......

Millionaire hockey players trying to make money for Billionaire owners..... just does not interest  me.   

Players should refuse to play and stay safe  / keep their families safe....  Try to restart in 2021 if Covid numbers drop or a vacine is created. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Thats every regular season or playoffs in the major pro sports. 

Yea what a dumb argument.

If you’re against that then you pretty much don’t like sports period. So why is he rambling on a hockey forum...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

As host city, will Vegas get a bye to the finals again? 

Vegas got screwed against San Jose and Fleury was unbelievably on that first run.. Literally, I have never seen a goalie play as well as he did for 3 series. He was an absolute brick wall.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

This story may not be true. 

As of right now The Score and TSN have not posted this. 

They are front runners but the players will have to vote on the full return to play package including the 2 hub cities.  

10 hours ago, grandmaster said:

This story may not be true. 

As of right now The Score and TSN have not posted this. 

The league may have quietly asked them to secure certain facilities if they’re on a short list, but as others have said the players still need to green light it.

Corona is all fear pushed anyway. It kills a small percentage of us but it's no worse than pneumonia which we have lived with for centuries. Life goes on. Vegas is an obvious choice with all the hotels. Not sure why some of you are surprised by this.

If things keep trending the way thet have been there is a good chance Vancouver is the other host.  Time zone doesn't matter without fans in the stands. East conference games can still be played at 4 pt/7et.

My bet is both host cities are in the west with the case numbers back east. Also most American cities are a tire fire right now besides Vegas, havent heard of any protests or riots there. So its looking good for Vancouver. 

We have lots of hotels and ice space, plus we could probably house a few teams at UBC and there's an NHL sized arena there as well.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Corona is all fear pushed anyway. It kills a small percentage of us but it's no worse than pneumonia which we have lived with for centuries. Life goes on. Vegas is an obvious choice with all the hotels. Not sure why some of you are surprised by this.

If things keep trending the way thet have been there is a good chance Vancouver is the other host.  Time zone doesn't matter without fans in the stands. East conference games can still be played at 4 pt/7et.

My bet is both host cities are in the west with the case numbers back east. Also most American cities are a tire fire right now besides Vegas, havent heard of any protests or riots there. So its looking good for Vancouver. 

We have lots of hotels and ice space, plus we could probably house a few teams at UBC and there's an NHL sized arena there as well.

the whole world is wrong

and you are right

world leaders mistakenly shut down the world

not sure how you manage to get a hat on the huge head of yours ?

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 2