The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Offseason VAN+FLA

To Florida 

Jake Virtanen

To Van

Denisenko 

I feel with Toffoli coming in and really building chem with the group and Podkolzin comming. Virtanen may be the odd man out. Could Virtanen fetch a prospect of Denisenko's caliber? I feel like if we trade Jake I really want to swing for the fences on the return as 225lb guys who skate like him, hit, and can snipe just entering their prime are a rare unicorn.

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

To Florida 

Jake Virtanen

To Van

Denisenko 

I feel with Toffoli coming in and really building chem with the group and Podkolzin comming. Virtanen may be the odd man out. Could Virtanen fetch a prospect of Denisenko's caliber? I feel like if we trade Jake I really want to swing for the fences on the return as 225lb guys who skate like him, hit, and can snipe just entering their prime are a rare unicorn.

Denisenko is a top 5 prospect right now.  I seriously doubt Florida would give him up for Virtanen. (TSN actually had Denisenko ranked as the 2 nd best NHL affiliated prospect back in January. Podkolzin, for the record, was ranked 14)

I think you need to set your sights a little lower 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Denisenko is a top 5 prospect right now.  I seriously doubt Florida would give him up for Virtanen. (TSN actually had Denisenko ranked as the 2 nd best NHL affiliated prospect back in January. Podkolzin, for the record, was ranked 14)

I think you need to set your sights a little lower 

Probably. 

Nice list. Interesting to see the stock still so high on Bowan Byram after his serious injury set him back a bit this season. Not that I'm knocking him but #3 seems high given the circumstance.

https://www.tsn.ca/russian-players-dominate-top-spots-in-tsn-s-ranking-of-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1424251

Edited by hammertime
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Probably. 

Nice list. Interesting to see the stock still so high on Bowan Byram.

https://www.tsn.ca/russian-players-dominate-top-spots-in-tsn-s-ranking-of-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1424251

For another opinion. ESPN had Denisenko at 8 in March. Podkolzin at 11.  Everyone is going to have a different take. But regardless, he’s a top prospect at the moment.  

9 hours ago, qwijibo said:

For another opinion. ESPN had Denisenko at 8 in March. Podkolzin at 11.  Everyone is going to have a different take. But regardless, he’s a top prospect at the moment.  

I'm happy to see him get recognition I think he was quite underrated for a while. Mind you I think Virtanen will likely blossom in the east I'm not overly eager to trade him unless the return is grade A.