The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolf: Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Game On!)

Rate this topic

I'm giving up. It's after 11pm here and I'm tired. I didn't quite reach EoD on my re-read.

Linguine is top town. I felt he was over-stating things at first to look good at a surface level, but actually I think that's just his style and I see the thought process in his posts. He's reading the thread with an analytical PoV.

Meta reads: Intoews and Kurisu both likely town as well. Both feel comfortable and aren't worrying that they're not necessarily in the thick of everything - just playing their own game.

Bottom scum: Qwags and falcon. Qwags is floating in and out of the thread and doing little, which is unlike his recent meta. Similarly, falcon is mimicking his style rather than embracing it. (Although I'm sympathetic to his recent explanation - I wasn't into the game either and still am sort of forcing myself to be.)

Also scummy but with more doubt: Lucky. I felt he started the game well enough, but towards EoD did slip into that overly-defensive scum-Lucky range. But the Qwags 'claim' thing I kind of believe now, even though it's dumb.

Everyone else null until otherwise stated.

21 hours ago, Blinzer said:

you making a big pool of players is a chance for you to hide your scum reads alongside town reads.

Vote Blue Jay

lynching you gives us the most information as well. You set yourself up for this lynch

21 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Good luck :lol:

@Professor Linguine

This is the convo I was referring to. Considering Blinz got TK'd we can safely assume he's not vig, but I think Vig knew BJ is too skilled to be pushed as a R1 flush and chose to stay silent.

Unvote Vote Kuri.

Having been cursed and not giving the Town an update of that curse. 

Stating that an update would be given if it were advantageous to do so... to whom? Kuri or Town.

A curse cannot be good for us so Imma vote here. I would suggest others do also.  We should not be kept in the dark when it comes to a curse that could affect us as a town. 

not sure what to make of the "BJ was vigged" theory. I suppose it's plausible, though.

18 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Unvote Vote Kuri.

Stating that an update would be given if it were advantageous to do so... to whom? Kuri or Town.

A curse cannot be good for us so Imma vote here. I would suggest others do also.  We should not be kept in the dark when it comes to a curse that could affect us as a town. 

DM, we have no idea what the setup is or what the curse means. + Kuri mentioned that it was more along the lines of obtaining a night power rather than some negative affliction. It's sensible for a TP to avoid revealing the actual power they have to avoid tipping off mafia too much.

11 hours ago, Kurisu said:

An enemy stand user laid a curse on me in the night.

This will come back to bite us...

7 hours ago, Kurisu said:

This is serious btw, I gained a power during this night phase. I will not disclose any more details for now.

54 minutes ago, Professor Linguine said:

DM, we have no idea what the setup is or what the curse means. + Kuri mentioned that it was more along the lines of obtaining a night power rather than some negative affliction. It's sensible for a TP to avoid revealing the actual power they have to avoid tipping off mafia too much.

That's right we have no idea... Kuri is not saying anything.

1. It's a curse not a power role.

2.  it's going to bite us.

3. Why wait on a outcome that is going to do more harm than good.

Imo. it would be better to deal with it NOW! 

1 hour ago, Professor Linguine said:

I don't really want to flush kurisu today. they have essentially claimed a power role (well, they claimed that they received a power, which is the same thing) and I'm not flushing a claimed PR when I think there's a very good chance there's a wolf between lucky/funnygurl that I can go after instead.

I think LL, FG, Falcon, Otis are the better options. 

Also, nothing from MH interestingly. Slanking as a wolf? Seems to be they're intentionally not posting and trying to stay under the radar. 

FG stopped posting after you got in it with her too. I thought she was looking to ‘fight Pasta’. Not much of a fight thus far. 

Sorry, Bob is swamped with work today and won't have much time to catch up on the thread. He is going to just word vomit all over the place for now and hopefully come back around nightfall.

• Unless Bob is missing some new revelation from the past ~12 hours, there's no reason to believe BJ was vig killed. Blinzer claimed vig and said he was going to kill BJ, but he was flushed before nightfall actions went through. If the real vig decided to kill BJ despite all of that... Bob doesn't think that's a very wise choice. Especially since BJ was one of the top contributors so far.
  • That last minute push to lynch Blinzer over LL looks atrocious, but Bob will include the caveat that it's hard to know just how bad this is without a flip. LL was obviously doing it out of self-preservation -- which isn't indicative of alignment -- but funnygurl or whatever her name is made the whole thing look so much shadier.
  • Linguine is probably Bob's strongest town read at the moment. lucky is probably Bob's strongest scum read.
  • Bob still thinks we should be looking to force activity from the inactives by threatening to flush them. It's probably our best chance of having something to work with when we make it to the endgame.

So with all of that, Bob is kind of torn on where to place his vote. Just going to vote EP40 for now, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Qwags said:

It was previously being discussed beforehand.

This is redundant. Your sentence has a redundancy.

Anyways, I looked into falcon's PM from hoggers, and it turns out he's Zfetch Vanilla Townie, and he wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated. 

So, Unvote, vote Zfetch

• Wat 1
22 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

This is redundant. Your sentence has a redundancy.

Anyways, I looked into falcon's PM from hoggers, and it turns out he's Zfetch Vanilla Townie, and he wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated. 

So, Unvote, vote Zfetch

Way to break rule 2, bullet 1

2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Unvote Vote Kuri.

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

That's right we have no idea... Kuri is not saying anything.

1. It's a curse not a power role.

2.  it's going to bite us.

3. Why wait on a outcome that is going to do more harm than good.

Imo. it would be better to deal with it NOW! 

I....don't even know what to say to you right now.

@Professor Linguine jsyk this is our crown jewel: DM. He sees the world differently from everyone. Very differently.