Canucks lineup when hockey starts up again

Rate this topic

Roberts

My Prediction for Greens lines. 

Miller-Petey-Toffoli 

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Gaudette-Sutter

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

I would think Green would want a very defensive bottom 6. Puts two experienced vets with Gaudette. 

My Personal lineup

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli 

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

I don't think Ferland or Leivo will be ready. I'd like MacEwen in there but realistically that aint happening as much as I'd like it to. Only real lineup change is Eriksson is in the press box

• Like 1

What I would like to see if Ferland is able to play and Tryamkin gets signed:

Miller Pettersson Toffoli 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen 

Sutter Beagle Motte

5th Line - Roussel (Next up), MacEwan, Leivo

6th line - Eriksson

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Tryamkin Stecher

If neither of those things happen then:

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Sutter Beagle Motte

5th Line - Eriksson, MacEwan (Next up), Leivo

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If everyone is good to go (aside from Leivo who’s injury is apparently worse than originally indicated)

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Motte - Gaudette - Virtanen

Ferland - Beagle - MacEwen

Ex: Sutter/Roussel/Eriksson

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Ex: Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

If everyone is good to go (aside from Leivo who’s injury is apparently worse than originally indicated)

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Motte - Gaudette - Virtanen

Ferland - Beagle - MacEwen

Ex: Sutter/Roussel/Eriksson

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Ex: Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

I don't understand why you would break the top line when Miller, Pettersson and Toffoli were so good together. 

my view (and i doubt it is worth a wooden nickle)

miller-ep-toffoli (19 minutes)

pearson-bo-brock (17 minutes)

ferland-sutter-virt (14 minutes)

ericksson-beagle-motte (10 minutes)

next up:  (in order should a player be required)

gaudette, roussel (up first if ferland goes down), macewan

though in the starting lineup, the bubble players are: loui, virt (please show up in top shape), ferland

edler - myers/sttetcher (22 minutes)

hughes - tanev (21 minutes)

fantenburg - stetcher/myers (17 minutes)

benn waiting in the wings

and in a distant wing, tryamkin, assuming he gets signed, is in top shape, and shows immediate chemistry - otherwise he'll wait for training camp before hitting the ice in a real game

marky in goal for 85% of games

demkoo to get 1 game each series (except for the final - i know, a boy can dream :P)

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I don't understand why you would break the top line when Miller, Pettersson and Toffoli were so good together. 

Because Miller - Pettersson - Boeser was just as good if not better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pears said:

It definitely wasn't. It was hot went cold when teams figured them out. Miller Pettersson Toffoli looked a lot better and was working.. You would not break up that top line. 

I think most people can agree with the consensus top-6

Miller - Pete - Toffee

Pearson - Bo - Brock

Where it gets interesting is definitely the bottom 6.  It'd be tough not to at least pencil Jake with Gaudette on the same line since he at least helped Jake break out.  That being said, depending on who they match up against I'd be down to see either of these:

Jake - Sutter - Gaudette (two straight-line guys in Jake and Sutter, who are physical and shoot-first, plus Sutter can take draws; Gaudette as the setup man)

Roussel/ Ferland - Gaudette - Virtanen (Gaudette may not be the best in draws but we again need his play-making skills; the tough wingers can protect him)

The 4th line I think 2/3 will be Motte and Beagle, and rightfully so.  Motte in particular should have earned his spot with his hustle out there.  Beagle of course for his face-off ability, and then whoever plays best out of Sutter/ Roussel/ Ferland (if they aren't on the 3rd line)/ MacEwen/ Loui should get the spot.  

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

(one of Fantenberg/ any of the left handed black aces) - (Stecher*/ Rafferty) => wonder if training camp could produce a challenger for bottom pair spots?
Benn (kept as #7 due to his viability on both sides)

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Ferland-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Roussel

MacEwen/Sutter

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Myers

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

Any player in the bottom 6 who reports out of shape can start in the pressbox.

Edited by King Heffy

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Personally I agree that they were just as good together, but I think the only reason I would split them is to add some pure scoring to the second with historical chemistry with Horvat.  In all reality it will be based on performance and could switch period to period.

it also wasn’t lost on me that we had an epic discussion between pears and peaches.  Can we get a plum or an apple into the discussion too? ::D

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

the first line is different with toffoli on it compared to boeser. 

toffoli shares the heavy lifting with miller while with boeser, miller carries  all the physicality. 

boeser needs pettersson’s playmaking. 

i’ld love to see toffoli with bo and pearson but when brock isn’t scoring, he weakens the first  line.

pearson and bo are both physical and green likes that combination.

Edited by smithers joe

19 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Miller-Petey-Toffoli 

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Gaudette-Sutter

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

I would think Green would want a very defensive bottom 6. Puts two experienced vets with Gaudette. 

My Personal lineup

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli 

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

I don't think Ferland or Leivo will be ready. I'd like MacEwen in there but realistically that aint happening as much as I'd like it to. Only real lineup change is Eriksson is in the press box

I like your lineup better than what you predict Green will put out there. Can we sit Rousell, put Virt on third line LW, Big Mac on fourth line RW, and Sutter on third line RW?

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli 

Virtanen-Gaudette-Sutter

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

31 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

I like your lineup better than what you predict Green will put out there. Can we sit Rousell, put Virt on third line LW, Big Mac on fourth line RW, and Sutter on third line RW?

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli 

Virtanen-Gaudette-Sutter

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Can't see Green putting MacEwen in over Roussel. Isn't that why we got him, for playoff hockey? As much as I am one of the supporters for Jake on LW it just isn't going to happen, especially at the start of a playoff series. I know that is your personal lineup and I like it! Hopefully JB moves some of our bottom six players out this summer (Sutter, Eriksson and Roussel) so we don't have such a crowded bottom six. Not to mention clears a lot of cap space to sign Marky and Toffoli 

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Miller-Petey-Toffoli 

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Gaudette-Sutter

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

My Personal lineup

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli 

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

I like the Personal line up....if Roussel isn't producing, then I would quickly change it up with MacEwen. Can also change it up on the fourth line with LE and Roussel being interchangeable with Motte.

A couple of comments above are mentioning a possibility of Tryamkin ... I was of the belief that he's unavailable in any scenario this year.

Can someone comment on whether that is the case or if there is some shred of possibility that he could be with us this year?

21 minutes ago, nzan said:

A couple of comments above are mentioning a possibility of Tryamkin ... I was of the belief that he's unavailable in any scenario this year.

Can someone comment on whether that is the case or if there is some shred of possibility that he could be with us this year?

He would be available as the Canucks qualified him in 2017, so the Canucks owned Tryamkin's rights prior to the 2020 trade dead line. If say we sign a random KHL player we never drafted today, he won't be eligible as his rights were acquired by the Canucks after the 2020 trade deadline.

40 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I like the Personal line up....if Roussel isn't producing, then I would quickly change it up with MacEwen. Can also change it up on the fourth line with LE and Roussel being interchangeable with Motte.

I really don't think Gaudette is good enough to centre a line, I would change Boeser and Toffoli around  to give both Pearson and Toffoli a try together, since they played great together before