The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Ryan Reaves

2 hours ago, EP40. said:

10:09 of average regular season TOI & 8:26 of average playoff* TOI 

when he’s not healthy scratched because his coaches can’t trust him in important games* :lol:

If he beats the $&!# out of your opponent for taking a run at your top player...you'll be singing a different tune. bench warmer...we got a 6m press box warmer on this team for crying out loud!

• Cheers 1

Having a Reaves level heavyweight that can play 10 min a game is worth the bump in ice time among the forward group.

Not wanting to put a curse on anyone though I have legit concerns about the Canucks young stars being targeted or injured.

Can Ferkie, Macewan... Myers... bring enough?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

1.7five? Good price.

Price cut from his current 2.seven7five

!ph Ey3 ne3d au R@v$0m n0T3, !'// c0m3 2 U

edited for spelling

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Adam Lowry is a better hockey player I’d love to add him but his 2.9mill is a bit steep maybe if we could trade Sutter for him I’d consider that.

Too bad you’d be lucky if Winnipeg even answered the phone for that offer. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Too bad you’d be lucky if Winnipeg even answered the phone for that offer. 

Sutter is the better player in the deal his face off, Pk, skating, shot and shutdown ability is miles ahead he had some bad luck with injuries that’s all.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

14 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Waste of roster spot, 4th line plug that brings nothing to the team,

Oh I forgot, he brings “intimidation” and keeps opposing players “in check”

Reaves has lead the NHL in hits each of the last two seasons. When Reaves hits it hurts too. I'd love to have that in the playoffs as it can really wear the other team's defense down in a playoff series. He's also posted 54 takeaways to 18 giveaways the last two years, which is a 3 to 1 ratio.

Edited by boziffous
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, EP40. said:

Dorsett/Roussel/Ferland     He’s a dying breed of hockey player who hasn’t adapted adequately enough like our current “enforcers” have that’s all.

dorsett started 2 seasons before reeves but finished 2 seasons ago 515 GP  Roussel started 2 seasons after reeves with 519 GP with the # OF GP tailing off over the last 3 seasons. ferland with 335 GP IN 5 1/4 seasons . reeves 649 GP IN 10 seasons , averaging 65 games per season over 10 years  the last 4 seasons he averaged 75 games per season. dying breed?  not so much,  the FACT  that players like him and lowry are still around tells me he's not a dying breed,  a throw back to a older more durable  style  player maybe. in fact there may well be a resurgance of 'tough ' players .   i'd take a player  like him over some smallish type player any day,  which only serves to water the league down even more. but once again Reeves is proof that  to be any good in the NHL over the test of time you have to remain healthy! , reeves has done just that.  i'm sure Mario Lemieux can attest to that , because had he remained healthy he may have caught or gone passed gretzky , but that didnt happen . bottom line reeves has stood the test of time, consistently  healthy . reeves is a beast and for that kind of money benning would take that in a heart beat. that's all.

main-qimg-6bd28c0aa76b97d36ee8da610eda2d2d-c.jpg

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

dorsett started 2 seasons before reeves but finished 2 seasons ago 515 GP  Roussel started 2 seasons after reeves with 519 GP with the # OF GP tailing off over the last 3 seasons. ferland with 335 GP IN 5 1/4 seasons . reeves 649 GP IN 10 seasons , averaging 65 games per season over 10 years  the last 4 seasons he averaged 75 games per season. dying breed?  not so much,  the FACT  that players like him and lowry are still around tells me he's not a dying breed,  a throw back to a older more durable  style  player maybe. in fact there may well be a resurgance of 'tough ' players .   i'd take a player  like him over some smallish type player any day,  which only serves to water the league down even more. but once again Reeves is proof that  to be any good in the NHL over the test of time you have to remain healthy! , reeves has done just that.  i'm sure Mario Lemieux can attest to that , because had he remained healthy he may have caught or gone passed gretzky , but that didnt happen . bottom line reeves has stood the test of time, consistently  healthy . reeves is a beast and for that kind of money benning would take that in a heart beat. that's all.

main-qimg-6bd28c0aa76b97d36ee8da610eda2d2d-c.jpg

Mario averaged over 20 minutes a game and played against the league’s best hitters and shut down guy’s getting hacked and whacked every shift.

2 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Mario averaged over 20 minutes a game and played against the league’s best hitters and shut down guy’s getting hacked and whacked every shift.

gretzky also had semenko mcsorely mclelland etc, kickin around which helped him remain healthy , which also supports my argument , having a reeves type player wouldn't hurt this new core canucks team :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, chon derry said:

gretzky also had semenko mcsorely mclelland etc, kickin around which helped him remain healthy , which also supports my argument , having a reeves type player wouldn't hurt this new core canucks team :)

I checked the roster up to 91 he had quite a few players near 200 Pims on the roster no real noticeable tough guys Jay Caufield being one of the toughest but he did have Kevin Stevens who was always above 200 riding shotgun for him.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

I checked the roster up to 91 he had quite a few players near 200 Pims on the roster no real noticeable tough guys Jay Caufield being one of the toughest but he did have Kevin Stevens who was always above 200 riding shotgun for him.

my whole point  was players remaining healthy ;ie reeves,   Lemieux was merely an example of 'what if' 99's record stands regardless of what any other player was up against given Lemieux's pace that he was on  ,yes he probably could have surpassed 99 , but its a moot point He never remained healthy enough to achieve it . point being reeves HAS  remained healthy over his career.

Just now, chon derry said:

my whole point  was players remaining healthy ;ie reeves,   Lemieux was merely an example of 'what if' 99's record stands regardless of what any other player was up against given Lemieux's pace that he was on  ,yes he probably could have surpassed 99 , but its a moot point He never remained healthy enough to achieve it . point being reeves HAS  remained healthy over his career.

Yeah I understand just you have to take into account that he plays less than 15 minutes a game and is a healthy scratch at times.

Yeah I understand just you have to take into account that he plays less than 15 minutes a game and is a healthy scratch at times.

and to add to that, there maybe 10 players in the whole league  that play that role , which is the hardest role in the league. the game is faster, but I also see tougher players coming back into the fold, which for me is a direction for the better , i'd rather see players keeping players honest than letting some crappy ref ruin a game.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:33 PM, CBH1926 said:

Waste of roster spot, 4th line plug that brings nothing to the team,

Oh I forgot, he brings “intimidation” and keeps opposing players “in check”

Id take it for half the floaters riding the pine on this team.

I just dont think its fair to say a guy like Revo has no place in the NHL. He is obviously in a very niche role, but lets not forget his impact in the Vegas Golden Knights run to the cup... he was scoring and taking the steam out of Tom Wilson. 

It easy to sit behind a computer and pull up stats to say hes a big dumb plug.... but all that says to me is you have never spent anytime in locker rooms or on the bench. There is such a thing as intangibles and those cant be put into a spreadsheet. 

Every player in the NHL knows when they are playing Revo... and every teammate of his loves him. The guy can skate, he doesnt turn pucks over, amazing forchecker and is a team leader on and off the ice..

Vegas is a well run organization and if they feel he was worth re-signing then that should tell you everything about him as a player.

Its trendy to pick on enforcers, I know, but let the breed die in peace ffs.

Cheers

Edited by RecklessReilly
  • Like 1