The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres fire Jason Botterill, name Kevyn Adams GM

Rate this topic

I think what Buffalo really needs is a GM with a proven track record. While nothing it guaranteed to work (ie. look at Florida and Tallon), it seems to have worked well for Edmonton so far in hiring Holland. Unfortunately, it seems those GM's are few and far between since they already typically have jobs. lol

I don't know if Buffalo gutting their staff like this is gutsy or a bad sign of things to come though.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I think what Buffalo really needs is a GM with a proven track record. While nothing it guaranteed to work (ie. look at Florida and Tallon), it seems to have worked well for Edmonton so far in hiring Holland. Unfortunately, it seems those GM's are few and far between since they already typically have jobs. lol

I don't know if Buffalo gutting their staff like this is gutsy or a bad sign of things to come though.

Did it though? Or were they just carried by CM and LD? I personally hope they crap the bed vs. Chicago and they both ask for trades along with JE in Buffalo. Would make for a very interesting shortened off season.

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Did it though? Or were they just carried by CM and LD? I personally hope they crap the bed vs. Chicago and they both ask for trades along with JE in Buffalo. Would make for a very interesting shortened off season.

If they were just carried by CM and LD, why didn't it happen the years prior without Holland and Tippett?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

In a GDT Sabrefan had a different feed than us local bc folk. He saw a different view of a goal/play and tried to say what had happened. A lot of local folk started saying he was wrong and it just got uglier, and uglier. He left the thread and the forum.

I miss his viewpoint.

Yeah, sometimes the lynch mob mentality can be a bit much. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m not sure I’d want to know what it would take to get Eichel out of Buffalo if that opportunity ever presented itself. 

They fired Botterill to keep Eichel.  Just 3 weeks ago they confirmed that Botterill would be returning as GM.  Eichel was then in the news expressing his frustrations.  It was no longer possible to come back with the same GM.   Even if he asks for a trade I doubt Buffalo would.  They got hit too hard by trading O'Reilly.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Hmm..    Mike Gilles..   just a thought.

“We felt like we weren’t being heard” with too many differences of opinion was the main explanation given by the Pegulas.  They hired someone in house as GM without a search because they know and trust him - there was no interest in bringing someone from the exterior. 

They also don't want a president of hockey operations and say they don't believe in that philosophy.  They talk of believing in a flat organisation where themselves, Kevyn Adams and Krueger are in open communication.  They talk of running the franchise "effectively, efficiently and economically".

Krueger brings his experience from being chairman of Southampton.  He is going to be more involved in the management side.

The segment with the Pegulas starts at 5:30.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I'm expecting a Judd Bracket hiring any minuet now. Lol.

Judd want's more control over prospects and specifically the draft.

What owner is known as being cheap and wanting his NHL staff to do multiple jobs for peanuts?

What NHL team has 3 x 1sts , 4 x 2nds, 2 x 3rd for 13 picks total for the 2020 NHL draft?

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wonder if we could snag Miller out of Buffalo.

Would help solve some issues on D and might not cost that much. Would be a younger cheaper replacement for Tanev if he isn’t resigned.

Checked on CapFriendly and he never went on IR but has played only 51 games out of 69 and averages 17 minutes.  He did get healthy scratched but that still seems like a lot.  Krueger is going to have a bigger say in roster decisions and Miller looks to be in his dog house.

3 hours ago, mll said:

“We felt like we weren’t being heard” with too many differences of opinion was the main explanation given by the Pegulas.  They hired someone in house as GM without a search because they know and trust him - there was no interest in bringing someone from the exterior. 

They also don't want a president of hockey operations and say they don't believe in that philosophy.  They talk of believing in a flat organisation where themselves, Kevyn Adams and Krueger are in open communication.  They talk of running the franchise "effectively, efficiently and economically".

Krueger brings his experience from being chairman of Southampton.  He is going to be more involved in the management side.

The segment with the Pegulas starts at 5:30.

Wow that presser was a tire fire

and people rip about how the Canucks organizations is managed. Buffalo is trying to out do Edmonton as the worst run franchise   

• Cheers 1