The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG 6.0 - Season 16

Patrick Kane

Dallas 2018 Entry Draft Recap

The Stars made a bit of noise at the draft trading their 6th overall pick Ty Smith + 3rd for Nikita Zadorov + 2nd (Turned out to be Vitali Kravtsov).  Huge gamble by the Stars as Ty Smith could be a very special player one day.  Zadorov is one mean piece of business and will help protect the young D and chip in a bit of offense too.  Quick recap:

6th Overall - Ty Smith (Traded for Zadorov and 39 overall)

36th Overall - Mattias Samuelsson (Zack Bogosian comparable)

37th Overall - Alexandr Pugin (Evgeni Nabokov comparable)

39th Overall - Vitali Kravtsov (Alexander Semin comparable)

66th Overall - Part of Zadorov deal

87th Overall - Traded for a 2020 3rd

Overall the Stars are happy with the future pieces for the team.  Fills a lot of different needs and we will work to develop them all in the system.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

The following players have retired:

Jarome Iginla

Jay McClement

Johnny Oduya

Marian Hossa

Mike Ribeiro

Alexandre Burrows

Zbynek Michalek

Shane Doan

Brian Gionta

Deryk Engelland

Mike Cammalleri

Johnny Oduya

Edited by Nail

1 hour ago, Carlutch98 said:

LA Kings Draft Recap

As another tough season goes by in LA the progression and strides we made in this upcoming draft is amazing. I'm really happy with our direction and looking forward to bigger and better things with our bright young talent.

2018 Draft Picks:

#5 Overall: Ryan Merkley RD

#34 Overall: Noah Dobson RD

#35 Overall: Barrett Hayton C

#52 Overall: Sean Durzi RD

#55 Overall: Linus Gidbark G

#59 Overall: Nicolas Beaudin LD

With our forward core pretty much set for the future it was time to really focus on building up our young d core to compliment a young Sergachev, Mete, Samourukov & Clague. We 110% addressed that by picking up Merkley, Dobson, Durzi & Beaudin. Really love that young core and hopefully they can all stick together and by the young core of the LA Kings future.

Along with picking up 4 defencemen we even added Barrett Hayton who is an exceptionally talented centreman who adds to our already stacked centre core. With the likes of Monahan already performing at the NHL level along side Vilardi, Suzuki, Poehling & Chemelevski coming up in the ranks. Adding Hayton to that mix makes our centre core very promising and showing ALOT of promise, for these young men its time to execute.

Then we even added a young goaie prospect in Linus Gidbark who can serve as a fringe starter or solid back up to Olle Eriksson Ek. 

DRAFT GRADE: A-

Now as we did address some key positions in the draft i feel like we still could've hit on later round and even earlier round picks, it was unfortunate we fell in the draft but we made the most of what we had. The draft day moves to move down and aquire more picks was very smart and really made our draft successful. I feel like at every pick we didnt pick need as mush as best player. I think we had some really solid draft choices even later in the draft.

Now for the future. I'm talking a big game here i just need my young players to execute and come through. Now it'd be nice to have everyone make the NHL but that's not realistic. If we can hit on 60% of our prospects then thats a HUGE success.

LA KINGS ARE BUZZIN

- GM CARLUTCH

Tino Boschman would be proud

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nail said:

James Norris Trophy

Hide contents

Victor Hedman (TBL)

RU - Nick Leddy (NYI), Brent Burns (SJS)

Vezina Trophy

Hide contents

Craig Anderson (OTT)

RU - Andrei Vasilevsky (TBL), Martin Jones (SJS)

First of all, we'd like to congratulate Craig Anderson on a well deserved Vezina trophy. It's an honour to finally bring the Vezina trophy to the nation's capital :gocan:

Second of all, we'd like to question the integrity of the Norris trophy voters. We believe they completely rigged this award, and the #s back it up. Hedman, leddy and burns are all giveaway machines. Are they awarding the Norris to who gives away the Puck most and who is bad at hockey?! :wacko::wacko:

Alex finished 11th in dman scoring... The 10 players ahead of him, including resident chumps Hedman burns and leddy all had 400+ minutes of TOI over Alex the great this season... Yet they barely outscored the phenomenal one Alexander Edler. 

I rest my case. Edler for Hart and Norris. 

Also Edler was the only one of the bunch to get his +/- to match his jersey number. A number Michael Jordan only wore to pay homage to the Swedish King. 

spacer.pngScreenshot_20200713-001045.thumb.png.6c8ab41931f1305989fe4eadaadb142f.png

image.png.1e5765a886564fa591bdc818ddbb6f77.png

Edited by apollo
  • Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

Sabres Draft 

8# D Fredrik Möller (Mattias Ekholm comparable)

38# F Marko Haggebrink (Carl Hagelin comparable)

68# F Jaxon Nelson (Craig Smith comparable)

For the 75# Pick(Blues) the Sabres have acuired D Erik Gustafsson in a Trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Erik will hopefully give the Team a offensvie boost on the Defence.

7 Million Dollar Man J.-M. Liles stays for his Final Contract Year , but he could see his Playing Time dropping with the arrival of Gustafsson and Slater Koekkoek

also on the NHL roster. This also means  Rough Times for Zach Bogosian , he´s is still OTB for Teams who could use him more on the Active Roster than in the Pressbox.

Finally, the Arrivals of Victor Olofsson , Rasmus Asplund and Alex Nylander pushing hard for a Roster Spot , could force the Sabres to move 2-3 of their current Roster Players.

Markus Foligno , David Desharnais , Matt Moulson or Jordan Eberle ( All in their Final Contract Years ) could be OTB. 

• Huggy Bear 3

5 hours ago, Nail said:

The following players have retired:

Jarome Iginla

Jay McClement

Johnny Oduya

Marian Hossa

Mike Ribeiro

Alexandre Burrows

Zbynek Michalek

Shane Doan

Brian Gionta