Sign in to follow this  
Nuxfanabroad

A 2020 Would U ?! Van/Jackets(Discussion)

Recommended Posts

Hypothetical scenario: league grants a buyout per team. Bye LouiE. After further moves, we've got a decent whack of cap.

 

The CBJ GM(Hannikainnamannan?) whatever his handle, calls. They've got the major hots for EP.

 

For EP & Stech, they offer...

 

Seth Jones & PLD.

 

Personally, don't think I would. EP is our golden kid, absolute beaut. But can't deny, I really like these 2 great Jackets players, thus figured it's a fair question. Kinda curious how highly everyone values our Swedish star, so would like to see replies. Pls don JB's hat for this astonishing ph call...

 

No tweaks..& NO!, I don't want to deal our star(for any reading-impaired). I hope EP stays his career in Van!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid it's one of Seth Jones or PLD that EP would fetch Nux. Cheers for attempting the GM name :lol:

 

I wouldn't do 1 for 1 though. EP > PLD and if you deal EP for Jones then you're just creating a black hole for 1C. We have plenty of dmen that can supplement Hughes' ability. No need to go out and trade for one.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From all reports It’s very unlikely there will be a compliance buyout. 
 

Pettersson is a phenomenal young player.  But there’s no way in hell Columbus makes that trade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a chance. EP is special, and we've got Hughes. We're better off continuing to build up support for very special c and d we've already drafted. 

 

We've seen what EP can do here and had a taste of what Hughes is capable of. There's no guarantee PLD and Jones would take off here.

 

I understand that combined they may have more value than EP, but sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know. It's incredibly difficult to find a 1c in this league, and we've got one. Why squander that. 

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes, I'm fully aware PLD has had a stellar first three seasons. Doesn't change the fact that I'm all in with EP. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kekalainen...nammannan is one of the savviest GM's when he stole Jones for Johansen and formed one of the best D-pairs (Jones and Werenski).
If trading Pete and Stecher (an RFA) was what it took to get back a gritty 50 point center and one of the best right side D, I'm afraid I'd have to say yes, drive Pete to the airport myself and personally thank him for what he's done for the team thus far, but yup he'd be going.  

PS. you can wake up from your whatever-induced psychadelic pipe-dream now.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be used for whenever one of our young stars or top prospects are used in proposals

BD72D09D-3999-43D6-BB83-F40A96DF980B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hypothetical scenario: league grants a buyout per team. Bye LouiE. After further moves, we've got a decent whack of cap.

 

The CBJ GM(Hannikainnamannan?) whatever his handle, calls. They've got the major hots for EP.

 

For EP & Stech, they offer...

 

Seth Jones & PLD.

 

Personally, don't think I would. EP is our golden kid, absolute beaut. But can't deny, I really like these 2 great Jackets players, thus figured it's a fair question. Kinda curious how highly everyone values our Swedish star, so would like to see replies. Pls don JB's hat for this astonishing ph call...

 

No tweaks..& NO!, I don't want to deal our star(for any reading-impaired). I hope EP stays his career in Van!

So I would never make that move because top super star centre are not easy to find at 21 years old...

Centre position is locked up 1. Pettersson 21  -  2. Horvat 25  - 3. Gaudette 23 - So exciting to have these 3 guys 4th lines we can plug...

 

Wingers are where we trade for that # 2 D man--- Wing is depth position on Vancouver and we must trade one of these guys to get a top #3 D man this summer.. We know fee agents UFA will demand too much money..

Wingers - 1. Miller 2. Taffoli 3. Boeser  4. Pearson 5. Virtanen 6. Ferland 7. Leivo 8. MacEwen  9. Motte  10. Podkolzin 11. Lind  12 Hoglander...

 

D men --1.Edler 34  - 2. Hughes  3. Myers  4. (Tanev 31 UFA - don't resign ) 5 Sttcher 6.Benn  7.Fantenberg 29  UFA ???-- 8. Rafferty, Briesbois, Juoleve 21, Rathbone, Woo

 

Goal solid - Markstrom - Demko - Dipietro  --

 

So we trade a winger either Boeser or Virtanen for Ristolainen 25, 6'4 - 24-26 min per game #2  Dman  5.5 million..

We don't resign Tanev for 4.5 million and we are trading a winger off roster. Boeser will get the  best return out of the wingers..

We only trade Boeser if we can resign Taffoli  4 yrs X 4.9 million 

 

Only a few players not to trade-----1. Pettersson 21 - superstar   Top 20 NHL player for many years to come , so exciting....                                                        2. Hughes 20 - Superstar  D man that is already the best D man Vancover has ever seen.. You just hold on we have another 10 years of Hughes thrilling us with his moves... 

Edited by wildcam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildcam said:

So I would never make that move because top super star centre are not easy to find at 21 years old...

Centre position is locked up 1. Pettersson 21  -  2. Horvat 25  - 3. Gaudette 23 - So exciting to have these 3 guys 4th lines we can plug...

 

Wingers are where we trade for that # 2 D man--- Wing is depth position on Vancouver and we must trade one of these guys to get a top #3 D man this summer.. We know fee agents UFA will demand too much money..

Wingers - 1. Miller 2. Taffoli 3. Boeser  4. Pearson 5. Virtanen 6. Ferland 7. Leivo 8. MacEwen  9. Motte  10. Podkolzin 11. Lind  12 Hoglander...

 

D men --1.Edler 34  - 2. Hughes  3. Myers  4. (Tanev 31 UFA - don't resign ) 5 Sttcher 6.Benn  7.Fantenberg 29  UFA ???-- 8. Rafferty, Briesbois, Juoleve 21, Rathbone, Woo

 

Goal solid - Markstrom - Demko - Dipietro  --

 

So we trade a winger either Boeser or Virtanen for Ristolainen 25, 6'4 - 24-26 min per game #2  Dman  5.5 million..

We don't resign Tanev for 4.5 million and we are trading a winger off roster. Boeser will get the  best return out of the wingers..

We only trade Boeser if we can resign Taffoli  4 yrs X 4.9 million 

 

Only a few players not to trade-----1. Pettersson 21 - superstar   Top 20 NHL player for many years to come , so exciting....                                                        2. Hughes 20 - Superstar  D man that is already the best D man Vancover has ever seen.. You just hold on we have another 10 years of Hughes thrilling us with his moves... 

then i'm all for signing toffoli for 4 years at 4.95 million

so we can keep (not trade) brock

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I would take it in a heart beat

Taking emotion out of it? Of course. I think people might not realize how good PLD already is, not to mention the Canucks coveted PLD at the 2016 draft. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say no because of chemistry. Pettersson is a great fit on this team, and there's no guarantee PLD is going to come here and fit the #1 role.

 

It is very tempting because we get 2 elite d-men on our team, but I get Nashville vibes from that sort of team.

  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EP > PLD by quite some margin. You don't trade an elite 1C unless you get equal value back and judging by the old motto of "the team that gets the best player in a trade wins it" that's not the case here. You can't sum up all parts in a trade and score it from total value, hockey's not as simple as that. If it was, please give me PLD *or* Jones for Stecher, Virtanen and Pearson instead ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, coastal.view said:

then i'm all for signing toffoli for 4 years at 4.95 million

so we can keep (not trade) brock

 

 

Can't keep everyone? Have to make a hockey trade for a top #@ D man like Risto 26 years old 6'4 from Buffalo..

Hughes  20 - Risto 26

Edler 34 - Myers 30

Stetcher 26 --  Rafferty 25 -- Benn 33 - Briesbois 22 , Juolevi 22

UFA - Tanev 31 Decemberr - This warrior had some serious injuries and as good as he is time to move away and get some younger healthier guys..

Have to trade good asset to get this type of D man -- Wingers depth position Boeser or Virtanen would have to be moved to acquire this player..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.