The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle arena to be called Climate Pledge Arena

Rate this topic

I’m not too crazy about who has the naming rights, but I really like how rain water will be in the ice.  I like re-use like that. 

It will be very interesting for me when Seattle has it’s first Season. Like who do I root for, and what do I wear when the Habs or Canucks come to town?!  Do I stay home, and watch the game while drinking champagne? 

Hmmm...It just seems hypocritical to see a climate change agenda coming from a company that ships 10's of thousands to millions of parcels around the world everyday shipping things to people who could instead get of there butts and walk to the local store. I mean they must use gallons of carbon every second. 

I do like what they're doing with the arena though but if they were serious they would quit hurting local small businesses who have a smaller carbon foot print and employ more people as a whole.

Edited by GarthButcher5

Just another gimmick.
Amazon will sell the rights to name the area when pledge wears out and the dust settles.

nothing like a new mega structure to scream clean renewable environmentally friendly. Rain water lol 

Could have called it the rainforest at least   It gives them a theme for the ten months of rain. 

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Haha 1

I don’t really understand the hate. I’m sure most people complaining about Amazon’s carbon footprint use the site and take advantage of their services. 

who cares about the company when they’re literally setting a league-wide environmentally-friendly standard? 
bad people can do good things. Who cares about their motive? If this works, every arena will have to comply. That’s a win.