Sign in to follow this  
janisahockeynut

How much would you pay for Canuck TV? (Discussion and Poll)

Rate this topic

How much would you pay?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Good morning Peeps! 

So, yes we can order NHL games on our PC's or TV, but local games are locked out.............

How much would you pay for a full season or per game, to see our Canucks?

Sadly, I think that is what it will come down to long term...............

Edited by janisahockeynut

Not much, living in Ontario.  Games start at 10 which is around my bedtime, unless I'm going out.  I can watch them when they play in the east coast if I'm not working or in a lecture.

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

Not a dam cent

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sedinery 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

Nothing, it should be free if they do it. They will get their money for Advertising.

It would be silly to have PPV games... those days are over. Even if they made them PPV they'd make no money - everyone would find a stream.

Edited by apollo

They tried this before and it FAILED MISERABLY! 

I don't think they'll go this route anytime soon.  The NHL has a deal in place in Canada with Rogers until 2026 and all of their national/regional broadcast affiliates have sold subscriptions/cable packages based, in part, on this agreement and others like it.  They can't renege on these subscriptions without financial consequences so I don't see them going the PPV route in the near future.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Cup wins seem somewhat correlated to risk of bankruptcy so I'm doing my part by never spending a single dime on this league. Maybe if our team was located in Anaheim, Carolina, or Tampa Bay or if we couldn't pay our players and had to give them team shares like Pittsburgh we'd finally have a cup

Edited by Xanlet
typo

Sportsnet Now is $220 a year if I recall, so that's the price I'm willing to pay.

If they wanted to charge over and above that (or blacked out games) I would be right ticked off and probably wouldn't pay any extra.

• Hydration 2

I would not pay anything for pay per view, it failed before ad would likely do even worse now as there is too many other non pay entertainment options.

Although I certainly do include Sportsnet in my cable package strictly for the Canucks games so I guess I do pay for that

I can already watch every Canuck game on my TV or online through my Sportsnet channel subscription with Telus.  None are blacked out.  No need to pay any more.

Besides, every game is already spoken for between Sportsnet's deal with the NHL and NHL Live.  There are no more games left to put on PPV or some other platform.

• Upvote 1

The thing that these greedy corporations that try and milk every penny out of people don't get is they need us a lot more than we need them.

It's the fans that genuinely love hockey for it's beauty and grace and skill,not to be taken advantage of at every turn by greed.Where would these teams be without us fans.

We already pay for cable to be able to have a few channels as it is,and trying to extort more out of us because we love our teams is not missed by most of the fan base,so don't get too greedy or the fans will start to disappear,and your money stream will go with us.

I don't get this the NHL makes big money from selling the broadcast rights to their games, why would they give that up for what would amount to a pay per view model? 

Ok I know people won't agree but I get up way before sunrise so....

If someone thinks I am paying to watch Vancouver vs Columbus on a Tuesday night as the game rolls into overtime 1-1 at 945....good luck.

I'd rather get the Ice package or whatever and watch the primo match ups. Heck yea to Pitt vs Wash at 4pm.

Nothing. Reddit NHLstreams may be toast but there are tons of alternatives out there if one's willing to spend a few minutes on google. 

• Hydration 1